Netley Lodge combines comfortable, spacious accommodation with a rural farm stay in a quintessential bush setting with native Australian wildlife. It is far enough away from the city and any local neighbours to offer you complete privacy and peace and quiet but close enough to major attractions such as Wombeyan Caves, Berrima, Bowral and numerous cool climate wineries and cellar doors, to make interesting day trips without hours of driving.
Netley lodge offers great wedding guest accommodation for nearby Bendooley Estate and Centennial Vineyards wedding venues. Also, nearby are antiques and collectibles barns, galleries, cafes, local produce and bric -a- brac markets. There is always something local to do, whether it be the Joadja Creek Heritage tour, Music in the Vines or a Ghost tTour of Berrima Gaol.
The house itself is a large solid 80’s brick home with bull nose veranda, spacious indoor and outdoor entertaining rooms, 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. A slow combustion wood heater, central heating and open fireplace to ensure your comfort all year round. Inside, there is a casual open plan kitchen-living-dining area plus a huge separate formal sunken lounge with open fireplace and a formal dining room off this. Outside, choose to entertain on the verandas, back patio area with both wood and gas BBQs or the outdoor entertaining room complete with wood fired pizza oven, slow combustion wood heater and solid outdoor dining furniture. The double garage has also been converted into a rumpus room and includes lounging, table tennis table, TV and DVD player.
The house overlooks 25 acres of partly cleared rural and bush land with several dams. Kangaroos by the dozens find their way on to the property at dawn and dusk and there is a myriad of bird life for you to enjoy. Wander through the olive grove or head off into the bush to find one of the many walking trails and creeks/waterfalls where you will spot kookaburras, wombats and other Aussie wildlife. Bring the kids’ bikes – there are hours of fun to be had on the large circular driveway and pathways around the house.
The property features:
• Fully equipped kitchen, including dishwasher and microwave
• Fully equipped laundry, including washing machine and dryer
• Stereo with Bluetooth and USB connectivity, DVD, TV
• Gas & wood BBQs
• Wood fired pizza oven
• Slow combustion wood heater, central heating and open fireplace
• 3 bathrooms including: en suite to main; main with double vanity plus bath and shower; and toilet/shower in the laundry
• Rumpus room including table tennis table, TV and DVD player
• Master suite with Queen bed and en suite shower over corner bath
• Twin two singles
• Double bed with single bunk over
• 3.7 km to McVitty Grove Winery
• 4.4 km to Joadja Winery
• 7.9 km to Tertini Wines
• 12 km to Mittagong
• 12.4 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 13.3 km to Bendooley Estate
• 14.3 km to Bowral
• 16.4 km to Berrima gaol, cafes restaurants and markets
• 125 km to Sydney
• 150 km to Wombeyan Caves
• 176 km to Canberra
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7.
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music.
• All properties managed by us are stocked with basic supplies, please bring your own supplies for your specific requirements.
• Longer term bookings will qualify for a discount, and we will match competitor pricing where possible. Please send us a message.
• This property is NOT pet friendly
• This property will consider bookings for "Schoolies". However, we require a comprehensive guest registration form to be completed prior to confirmation and a cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay.
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licenced Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
“We recently stayed at Netley Lodge for an extended 4 day weekend and had a magnificent time. We were a group of three families, 11 in total, and the bedding arrangement suited us perfectly. The house had everything that you could want, was very clean and extremely spacious. The kids enjoyed riding their bikes around the property and the games room was an added bonus. I do not hesitate to recommend Netley Lodge and all our party are keen to stay there again.”
David, April 2017