Dogwood combines a rustic charm created by cedar framed windows, slate floors, wrap around bull nosed verandah, wooden toilet cistern and big double country oven with chic styling and decorating and all the modern comforts of home.
The open plan kitchen, dining and living area opens to the verandahs with French doors allowing the sunshine in, and the slow combustion wood-heater churns out the heat to keep you warm and cosy inside. There is a large flat screen tv in the living room and the large master bedroom doubles as a second living area with r/c air con, chairs and a second TV.
An alfresco dining area is set up on the rear deck complete with bbq and your own private bush views. Pets are welcome at Dogwood. The property is fully fenced with post and chicken wire fencing and there is even bowls and bedding for your pooch – just check out our terms and costs for pets.
The property is well located just a short drive from the freeway in a quiet cul-de sac only 2.8km from Berrima Village. On 5 acres of bush, it makes for a peaceful retreat and an ideal base from which to explore Berrima Village and the Southern Highlands. The property backs on to the Wingecarribee River; between the border of the property and the river is a 200m conservation zone which follows the riverbank towards Berrima town. Check out the nearby Berrima River Walk where you might see platypus, wombats and wallabies. For those wishing to explore, there are beautiful walks and picnic spots to be found. There are also wonderful historic tours in Berrima, speciality shopping and numerous award winning cafes, restaurants, vineyards and wineries nearby.
Dogwood also makes perfect accommodation for guests attending weddings at functions at Bendooley Estate which is only 5km away.
The property features:
• Fully fenced and pet friendly – see terms and costs
• Cosy wood combustion fireplace
• Ceiling fans
• Entertaining deck with outdoor dining and bbq
• Bush garden on 5 acres close to Wingecarribee River walks
• Reverse cycle air conditioner in main room opening to living area
• Dishwasher, double oven, 5-burner gas stove top, microwave
• Coffee machine and plunger
• Two TVs, WiFi, DVD, Stereo, IPod dock
• Games and books
• 5 acres of bush garden backing onto the Wingecarribee River
• External laundry with washer and dryer
• Queen with TV, sitting area and r/c air con
• King single with trundle under please advise if trundle is to be used as the furnishing needs to be re-arranged prior to your visit
• 3.2 km to Magpie Café
• 3.6 km to Australian Alpaca Centre
• 5.5 km to Berrima Village
• 5.8 km to Bendooley Estate
• 6.2 km to The Highway
• 9.8 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 10.61 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 11.6 km to Bowral shops and cafes
• 12.3 km to Gibraltar Hotel
• 15 km to Moss vale
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
• Note there is an unfenced water feature at the property please take responsibility to supervise children at all times
• The river access is not suitable for those with limited mobility or for very small children. There is no paved pathway and when the river is full it can run very fast so please take care
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
• All properties managed by us are stocked with basic supplies, please bring your own supplies for your specific requirements
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message
This property is pet friendly there is a surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
• WiFi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable
• This property is proudly managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent - please send a message if you’d like to know more about the packages we offer for bookings and property management