DEVON LONG BARN, - WINNER 2014 - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION
Is one of 4 cottages, provided very private and comfortable self contained accommodation in a converted rural barn at the end of a cypress drive, set within the 6 acre tranquil gardens of the historic 1857 "Southdown" estate.
The self contained accommodation has a king size bedroom, a lounge / dining room,with a fully equipped kitchen with breakfast area and modern bathroom with a free standing bath tub and a large walk in shower area. There is a mix of antique and contemporary furnishings and facilities provides self catered private luxury accommodation for 2 people and just 2 minutes drive from Bowral centre.
A 2 day complementary basket breakfast is provided.
- "Thank you Margaret for the best accommodation!!! We had the best time away to celebrate my birthday. Will be telling all & sundry about how fantastic this whole estate is. The level of detail & anticipation of the needs of patrons was exceptional. Loved every minute of our stay! We will be back" Alice and Danielle
- "Had a wonderful, peaceful time. We loved the romantic seclusion. Thank you". -Wrawick & Katherine Allsopp
- "Devon Long Barn has a warm and welcoming ambiance. We've had a beautiful stay, enjoying sublime music, warm hospitality & sounds of silence that surround Southdown - all excellent reasons for a return visit!". - Leonie & Terry
- "From the moment we walked in the door we knew we had found a hidden gem. We had permanent grin on our faces all weekend. Your eye for details meant that we felt so cared for & at home ... We chose to eat in more than planned because we loved it so much. Looking forward to a return visit in the not too distant future.". - Geraldine & Daniel.
- "Dear Margaret, How lovely to walk into this warm, cosy cottage out of the cool, evening air. You have thought of everythingn to make guests feel welcome and "at home". Thank you. We look forward to returning in Spring /Sum to enjoy your beautiful garden. Kind Regards". - Len & Karen
- " Thank you Margaret for the huge effort you have made in the Long Barn and the surrounding gardens. The attention to details is truely spectacular and the king bed amazing. We will sure to come back for a longer stay. Thanks again". - Dominique & James.
- " Thank you Margaret for creating the perfectly private escape to celebrate a 'significant' birthday. 3 nights however was not enough & we look forward to returning".- Steve & Jane
- "Thank you for such a lovely stay. Your sanctuary is a piece of heaven. See you soon". -Sandra & Yvette.
- " Thank you for helping us create a relaxing and comfortable weekend. The cottage was so beautiful & clean & the facilities and extras were amazing. We look forward to returning on day soon". - Natasha & Joske
- "Such a beautiful, peaceful & relaxing stay! Thank you for such a lovely weekend escape". - Garrett & Sarah.
- "A wonderful weekend, with a wonderful man in a wonderful cottage, with wonderful hosts. Margaret you make it hard to stay anywhere else. Thank you.". - Clive & Jodie
- "I feel like I'v stepped into another world - a slice of heaven! I cannot fault this place - everything is so special, thoughtful and peaceful. I immediately felt at home and loved walking through the gardens. Waking up to the sounds of birds and sleeping in a bed fit for a queen. Margaret made me feel very welcome and I only wish I could stay longer. Thank you so much". - Romani Blue
- " Thank you for 3 wonderful & relaxing days. Could not want for a better break from the hustle & bustle of Sydney. Wonderful gardens Will return!". - Jeff & Daphne
- "Thank you for a beautiful weekend. What a fabulous place to hide from the rain!". - Hanna & Ben
2005 & 2014 WINNER - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION - SHB Awards
"Southdown" is the original historic 1857 estate of Burradoo-Bowral where old and new gardens and trees are blended into tranquil and timeless 'rooms'.
Wander or sit among the old hedges,orchard, cottage, rose and herbaceous gardens.
Enjoy the huge 150 year old trees, massed bulb plantings , sweeping lawns, pools and ponds, cherry walk, parterre and garden rooms - all of which change dramatically through the seasons.
The Cottages at "Southdown"
Few accommodation places offer 4 uniquely decorated historic self-contained accommodation cottages. They give you access to this Southern Highlands iconic garden and yet you are just 5 minutes drive from many cafes & restaurants ans 10 minutes from the many vinyards, antique shops, surrounding villages and National Parks.