Studio Cottage is located in close proximity to Lavender Cottage whilst still offering complete privacy. The celebrated artist Ray Crooke built this cottage as his studio in the 1970s. To construct its walls, he recycled the convict-hewn sandstone blocks lying around on the property from the long-demolished Kerrigan’s Inn.
Studio Cottage has a romantic open fireplace as well as a slow combustion stove for warmth. The queen bedroom has French doors onto a private garden equipped with a secluded outdoor table for two.
The garden is fully fenced for pets. The luxurious en suite has a claw foot bath and separate shower. For the children, there are two single beds in the loft upstairs. This enchanting upstairs space is a private cubby house for them. However, the stairs are steep and open and may not be suitable for very young children or elderly guests. The pretty, modern country kitchen is fully equipped with a dining table that seats six.
Adjoining lounge with open fire, large plasma DVD selection, library, and double sofa bed.
Main wrought iron queen bedroom with French doors opening onto an outdoor setting in the fully fenced yard for pets.
Ensuite includes claw foot bath & double shower.
The property features:-
• Open fireplace
• Slow combustion stove
• Luxurious en suite with claw foot bath
• Fully equipped kitchen
Bedroom 1: Queen with en suite
Bedroom 2: loft bedroom with twin single beds
NB the en suite is the only bathroom so guests in the twin room have to go through the queen room to use the bathroom
• 2.4 km to Colo Vale General Store
• 12.6 km to Mittagong
• 17km to Bowral town centre
• 17.2 km to Bradman Museum & International Cricket Hall of Fame
• 17.9 km to Gibraltar Hotel
• 18.5 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 19.3 km to Centennial Vineyards
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
• We ARE pet friendly and there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets. Please note that all dogs must be kept on a leash at all times whilst on the 40 acres. You may let the dog off the leash only within the fenced area around your cottage. Please note however, if there are guests in Lavender Cottage, the yard is no longer available for unleashed pets - they will need to remain on a lead.
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". Please make note of this in your enquiry, if applicable. A comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay. We will also need to hold valid credit card details of a guaranteeing parent as extra security.
•For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
Amazing! Everything was truly lovely. All guests had a wonderful weekend. The grounds are beautiful."
Cassandra, October 2014
"The cottages are beautifully furnished. The location, with the chickens, the fairy garden and the animals were great for the kids. We would defiantly come back again. We loved the attention to details with the coffee machine. Good cooking utensils, beautiful towels. Little Forest is a great place, we loved it! Thank you for an awesome weekend with friends."
Kelly, May 2014
"We came here for our 10 year anniversary weekend with our dog and had a relaxing, enjoyable stay. We will definitely be back with the whole family next time."
Justine, March 2014
"We loved Studio Cottage! We came to Studio Cottage for a family weekend away and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our 3 boys aged 5, 3 and 1 loved collecting eggs from the chicken pen, running around the grounds and seeing the animals. We will definitely be coming back for a very quiet break from our city life in Sydney.
Highlands Holidays were very efficient and quick with our last minute booking."
Amy, February 2014
"The cottage is beautiful and very comfortable. Plenty of wood for the fire. Highlands Holidays handled our extra two nights perfectly as well as our 'confused' booking between Studio and Eco Cottage."
Collen, August 2013
"Beautifully set up cottage, clean and well equipped. Lovely grounds."
Emma, August 2013
Holiday Rental Specialists - Booking Information
We take pride in the cleanliness and presentation of all the holiday properties managed by Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays.
All are well stocked you will find the following:
Linen: linen and towels are included
Kitchen: cleaning spray, tea towels, detergent and dishcloths
Pantry: we operate a revolving pantry, you will find oil, salt, pepper, tea, coffee and sugar. Please feel free to leave sealed, non-perishable items for the next guests
Bathroom: soap, tissues and toilet paper