Cooinda is proudly managed by Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays
"Welcome to this Happy Place"
"Cooinda" is Aboriginal for "Happy Place"
"Kia-Ora" Lane, where it is located, is Maori for "Welcome"
It is indeed a beautiful, relaxing, happy place where we welcome families or groups wanting to escape the pace of the city.
The house is perfectly positioned atop a knoll with panoramic views of gently undulating countryside. It enjoys a northerly aspect basking in sunlight and views from all the living areas. The house itself is fully fenced with a flat grassy area for children to play, including cubby house and play frame.
There are 4 resident curious alpacas that look forward to greeting you and there are cattle in some of the outer paddocks. On your walk down to the bubbling creek you may find the natural springs or some of the large wombat holes housing these gentle creatures.
The accommodation has been set up with larger groups and your comfort in mind. The kitchen is newly renovated and fully equipped including dishwasher. There is an outdoor gas BBQ located on the back porch. There are four living areas in all - formal and casual living and dining areas. There is a huge open fireplace at one end of the house and a large wood heater at the other - all firewood supplied - bring the marshmallows
The bathrooms are both newly renovated and the bedrooms all have separate heaters so come to the country for that fresh crisp air, knowing you have a cosy base from which to explore.
The House Features: -
• Newly renovated kitchen
• Gas BBQ
• Open fireplace
• Panoramic country views
Bedroom Configuration: -
Cooinda sleeps 12 on beds and a maximum of 16 if using the double sofa futons: -
1 x queen room with en suite
1 x queen room
1 x queen room
1 double bed with single bunk atop plus separate single
1 x twin room with 2 singles
2 x double sofa beds in 2 separate sitting rooms futon style base- ideal for children - BYO linen for these
1 x newly renovated en suite bathroom with shower
1 x newly renovated main bathroom with shower and separate bath
Distances to: -
• 14.6 km to Bowral town centre
• 19 km to Gibraltar Hotel
• 17.2 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 18.1 km to centennial vineyards
• 18.2 km to Mittagong
• 21.3 km to Berrima
• 23.6 km to Southern Highlands Wines
• 26.3 km to Sutton Forest
• 12.3 km to Robertson
Extras available for hire:
• Porta cot plus linen for $10 Max $30
• Rollaway plus linen for $40 a night Min 2 nights
• Highchair for $7 per night Max $21
Contact HRS directly to book and pay for any of the above extras.
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff price.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss.
• We ARE Pet Friendly and there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets.
• If you book you will receive the directions to the property and the access details 1 day prior to your arrival date.
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". Please make note of this in your enquiry, if applicable. A comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay. We will also need to hold valid credit card details of a guaranteeing parent as extra security.
• For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
"House was clean and well presented. In working order."
Seniha, May 2016
"Everything is amazing - we love staying here Thanks"
Mark, April 2016
"A very well appointed, comfortable place in a beautiful setting"
Vanessa, July 2015
"Fabulous property, beautifully kept."
Christine, April 2015
“We were most impresses with everything Great location with fabulous views. We had 3 families here for the weekend. We were in close proximity to the “falls”, the shops in Bowral, with plenty of room for the children to run around outside – while the parents enjoyed sitting around the large dinner table and comfy lounges. It was great having sheets, towels, toilet paper and soap provided. The bathrooms were modern and clean. Thank you.”
Howe Family, November 2014
"Very comfortable house. We enjoyed our stay, enhanced by the wonderful service from the agency of Highlands Holidays. We would definitely book through your agency again"
Ernie, August 2014
"What a beautiful home to stay in The setting is peaceful and idyllic, with beautiful views. The children had lots of room to safely play and explore outside, while the adults could relax inside in the large, comfortable, modern home. We have thoroughly loved our stay here, catching up with extended family. Thank you Highlands Holidays, your staff was extremely friendly and informative and we will definitely come back to stay at Cooinda again"
Carolyn, February 2014
"We had a great stay Great property Perfect for an extended family get together. Well equipped kitchen, great for a family holiday. Something for everyone at this property. Love how this is sectioned off. Privacy and togetherness all at once. Thank you, hope we get the opportunity to stay again. "
Ben, December 2013