Welcome to "The Woolshed" at rural estate, Woobinda Park; 227 acres of heaven in Canyonleigh!
Nestled into its own private little valley, the property offers peace and quiet without a road in sight. The massive corrugated iron wool shed has been converted into high quality sleeping and living quarters providing great accommodation for groups of 10-12.
There are idyllic northerly rural views of horses and grazing cattle from both The Woolshed and its majestic wrap around verandah. Make the most of this setting with BBQ and covered outdoor dining area on the deck or take your picnic to the shady trees below.
Inside is a cosy combustion wood fire (with all wood provided) which heats the space beautifully and a reverse cycle air conditioner keeping it comfortable in summer. The kitchen is brand new and includes a dishwasher.
The Woolshed is perfect for small groups of friends and families wanting to experience a rural break. It is also ideal for groups attending a wedding or celebration in the Southern Highlands. Transport to and from venues can be arranged at discounted rates.
The Woolshed itself is fenced and well behaved pets are welcome within the confines of the yard. Dogs are charged $100 per stay and must be on a lead at all times when outside of the fenced area. Kangaroos, wombats and other wildlife abound.
An interesting Alpaca tour can be booked for you if pre-arranged (on neighbouring property for a nominal fee)
The property features:-
• massive living area with lounge and dining
• 2 x TVS
• iPod dock
• slow combustion wood heater
• reverse cycle air conditioner
• pool table
• fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher
• laundry with washing machine
• private tennis court available upon request
• fully fenced yard for children and/or pets
• Sleeps 8 on beds and a further 3 on double sofa bed and roll-aways (see bed configuration below)
Bedroom 1:Queen bed + single bed and en suite
Bedroom 2:Queen bed + single bed
Bedroom 3:2 x King single beds + Single bed
Mezzanine level above sitting room:1 x comfortable quality sofa bed
There is one share bathroom with laundry in addition to the en suite
- Berrima, Moss Vale, Mittagong, Bowral, Sutton Forest pub are all within 20 to 35 mins drive
- Vineyards within a short drive
- Alpacas on our doorstep
- Local Canyonleigh General Store make THE BEST coffee (in case you miss your cappuccino) - also great breakfast!! They are open for dinner on Friday nights.
• Sydney - 2 hours
• Canberra - 2 hours
• Bowral - 35 minutes (41 km)
• Moss Vale (nearest supermarket) - 30 minutes
• Berrima - 25 minutes
• Southern Highlands Winery at Sutton Forest - 25 minutes
Rollaways can be provided and made up for an additional $60/weekend/bed, if requested at time of booking
1 complimentary portable cot
1 full size timber cot available on request for an additional charge of $30/weekend
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
• We ARE Pet Friendly and there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets. Dogs must remain on a leash if outside the immediate fencing around the house
• Surrounded by fresh country air, The Woolshed is a non-smoking property.
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". Please make note of this in your enquiry, if applicable. A comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay. We will also need to hold valid credit card details of a guaranteeing parent as extra security.
• For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
“What a property! The Woolshed is exceptionally clean and fitted out with everything you need for children of all ages. Deb & Greg are fantastic hosts, letting the family get involved in all the feeding of livestock- Thank you!! We will be back!”
Anon, August 2016
"Amazing, relaxing, perfect place to get away from everyone. Thank you Greg and Deb for your great hospitality and friendship. Loved every moment."
Joseph and Gillian, June 2016
'Wonderful and welcoming, the scenery and tranquillity is a must to experience. Had the pleasure of meeting the owners who made us feel comfortable and welcome."
Anne, May 2016
“The property itself was in immaculate condition and we saw no need for further upgrades. The place was clean, tidy and had a homely feeling. We could see that the owners spent a lot of time paying their attention to every detail that makes a holiday house a “home away from home.”
Samarasekara Family and Friends, March 2016
"We loved the accommodation and property . We found the accommodation to be comfortable and clean and family friendly. Deb and Greg were wonderful hosts and looked after us so well. Thew kids loved feeding the animals and our husbands found it hard to leave the SCG bar on the property. Thanks for having us. We loved this farm stay!!"... John, January 2016
“The property is beautiful. It is very functional. We would also like thank Dolly, Fluffy, Charlotte and Cilla (the chooks) for helping with breakfast."
Ellis August 2015
"We loved our stay at The Woolshed. Deb and Greg were kind and thoughtful hosts. Always ready to help, make a suggestion of a place to visit or showing off their horses and chickens to our enthralled daughter. The property itself was beautiful with a great deck to enjoy the views, a toasty fireplace, lots of comfy beds and a pool table that kept the teenagers occupied. Best of all – no internet so we could enjoy the tranquillity with lots of bush walks and dams for the kids to go searching for yabbies.”
Ari, June 2015
"An ideal peaceful country retreat. Ideal for groups or families and great for children. It was lovely to be able to spend a few days here. The linen was of all high standards, beds were comfy and a very well equipped home. Having the Canyonleigh general store there made is so easy for dinner. Thank you!"
Amanda, September 2014
"We had a fantastic time at The Woolshed. It was the perfect country getaway with absolutely everything you needed under one roof. The Hosts Greg and Deborah were so warm and welcoming, paying attention to every last details, right down to the chocolates on our pillows. Our only regret is that we couldnt stay longer! highly recommend this property and wouldnt hesitate in returning in the future."
Lisa, May 2014
"We were very happy and comfortable staying at The Woolshed. Despite the fact that it was raining we were still able to enjoy the surroundings. The fireplace was very easy to light as the owner supplied all the kindling and firewood we needed. The kids very were happy too with the swing set, sports games and inside games! The owners were very considerate to have provided the entire family with entertainment and a fully equipped kitchen. We had two families staying together and we enjoyed the feeling of space and comfort. The beautiful fresh, clean bed linen and fluffy doonas were great! With freedom to cook and read, we could easily have stayed for a week. The alpacas were a nice touch too! We also visited the little cafe up the road and thought the distance was quite reasonable. We will definitely stay there again! We really enjoyed a relaxing weekend with our friends and the children were very occupied."
Fiona, November 2013
Holiday Rental Specialists - Booking Information
We take pride in the cleanliness and presentation of all the holiday properties managed by Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays.
All are well stocked you will find the following:
Linen: linen and towels are included
Kitchen: cleaning spray, tea towels, detergent and dishcloths
Pantry: we operate a revolving pantry, you will find oil, salt, pepper, tea, coffee and sugar. Please feel free to leave sealed, non-perishable items for the next guests
Bathroom: soap, tissues and toilet paper