York Cottage, built around 1936, was originally a grand gate house for a larger property. Since being subdivided it still retains 2 acres of beautiful, landscaped gardens overlooking glorious farming pastures framed with rolling green hills behind. The house features the Tudor Rose architectural motif, William Morris decor and amazing period features such as decorative doors, high ceilings, original wood panelling, intricate friezes and an impressive slow-combustion fireplace. All this and only a 5 minute drive to Bowral CBD and 10 minute drive to Centennial Vineyards
The garden features a tennis court, croquet lawn, a pond, a miniature railway, small orchard, pavilion, peaceful nooks and beautiful rural views.
The Property Features:-
• Slow combustion fireplace/reverse cycle heating
• Dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, dryer
• Indoor and outdoor dining for 10-12
• Large spacious bedrooms
• Beautiful conservatory style dining
• Heritage living room with period features
Bedroom 1: King bed
Bedroom 2: Queen bed
Bedroom 3: Queen bed
Bedroom 4: 4 x single beds
Bedroom 5: Queen bed
There is a main bathroom and a second shower and toilet off the laundry.
Train spotter’s paradise:
The Great Southern Railway line runs by the house, making it a train spotter's paradise. The occasional passage of the XPT and a few rambling freight trains add excitement and an air of romance to the country atmosphere.
• 3.8 km to Bowral town centre
• 6.1 km to Gibraltar Hotel
• 6.7 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 7.3 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 12.1 km to Bendooley Estate
• 12.3 km to Mittagong
• 12.7 km to Southern Highland Winery
• 13.8 km to Berrima
• 24.2 km to Sutton Forest
Extras Available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
• Porta cot plus linen for $10 per night (max $30)
• Rollaway plus linen for $40 a night (min 2 nights)
• Highchair for $7 per night (max $21)
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property
• Sorry we are NOT pet friendly.
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". Please make note of this in your enquiry, if applicable. A comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay. We will also need to hold valid credit card details of a guaranteeing parent as extra security.
• For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
“The property has charm and character. We enjoyed our stay and all of the home comforts the house offers especially the open fire!”
Kellie, July 2016
''Beautiful grounds & gardens most interesting. Love the trains - A lovely old country feel about the property. Interesting features - we all loved our stay & can highly recommend to anyone wishing to stay in the highlands. We'll definitely be back.''
Lynda, October 2015
''Everything was wonderful.''
Bronwyn, October 2015
“What a lovely stay! Thoroughly enjoyed it Thanks."
Sophie September 2015
"Everything is great, nice place for a getaway, we want to be back again."
Stephanie, April 2015
"We loved staying here! Beautifully appointed home, comfortable beds and a great living and fireplace. A perfect location for a girls weekend away. This house is filled with lots of character." Carlie, July 2014
Holiday Rental Specialists - Booking Information
We take pride in the cleanliness and presentation of all the holiday properties managed by Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays.
All are well stocked you will find the following:
Linen: linen and towels are included
Kitchen: cleaning spray, tea towels, detergent and dishcloths
Pantry: we operate a revolving pantry, you will find oil, salt, pepper, tea, coffee and sugar. Please feel free to leave sealed, non-perishable items for the next guests
Bathroom: soap, tissues and toilet paper