Welcome to Cloudhill, perched atop the ridge off Range Road in Mittagong and sitting at around 800 metres above sea level, the property has glorious country views across farmlands to Sydney, the Blue Mountains and beyond. As the name suggests, expect to wake some mornings to fluffy white clouds floating past your window and if the weather and season permits, maybe a complete five-station firework display from Sydney Harbour!
Formerly part of a 500 acre dairy farm and now sitting prettily on 6.5 acres surrounded by 100 acre lots - it is a quality property and a quiet and peaceful retreat with abundant wildlife. There are eagles that hunt on the property on a daily basis, lots of rabbits and the occasional fox and wombat. In season there are cows and sometimes calves on the property.
The gorgeous refurbished cottage has character-laden original sections with beautiful Kauri floorboards and original parts of the dairy cottage are over 100 years old but it has been refurbished with all the modern conveniences, and furnished with a mix of antique and vintage furniture, to ensure a blissful stay.
The House Features:-
• Large living room with sun-room and great family dining area with magnificent views
• Open fireplace and central heating
• Three bathrooms including one bath
• European Egyptian-cotton towels and 500 + thread count bed linen
• Delonghi Nespresso Coffee Machine (with a welcome coffee selection)
• Books, games and trees to climb
• A large enclosed garden with plenty of room to throw a frisbee or to kick a ball
• 4 bedrooms sleeping 8 guests plus 2 bathrooms in the house
• 2 bedrooms sleeping 6 guests plus 1 bathroom in the renovated loft above the garage
• Outdoor entertaining area and gas BBQ
Bedroom 1 - Queen
Bedroom 2 - Double + Single
Bedroom 3 - Double
Bedroom 4 - Single
Bedroom 5 - Double
Bedroom 6 - 3 x singles + 1 trundle
Kitchenette with fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle (full kitchen in main house)
• 6.8 km to Bowral town centre
• 10.5 km to Gibraltar Resort
• 11.1 km to Craigieburn Peppers Resort
• 11.9 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 7.1 km to Mittagong
• 16.9 km to Bendooley Estate (Berkelow Books)
• 17 km to Berrima
• 20.4 km to Southern Highlands Winery
• 21.8 km to Sutton Forest
There is no separate kitchen, dining or living area in the Loft so it is booked together with the House for all bookings providing the additional sleeping and bathroom for a total booking up to 14 guests. We will consider requests for smaller bookings in the house only for $1655 per weekend for a maximum of 8 guests only.
Prices negotiable for longer stay bookings up to 90 days.
We can also provide the following on request:-
• Porta cot plus linen for $15
• Rollaway plus linen for $40 a night
• Highchair for $15.
Subject to availability - Request at time of booking.
"An elegant country retreat with a breathtaking view. A beautiful spot to gather friends or family."
Sarah, February 2016
"We had the most amazing weekend at the most amazing property. The views were incredible, we chatted in front of the gorgeous fireplace, we would be back here in an instant."
Tina, April 2015
"Fantastic property for our family gathering. Highly recommend Cloudhill and Highlands Holidays. Comfortable, clean, spacious property, with amazing views. Ticked all the boxes for our family gathering of thirteen adults."
Glenda, November 2014
“Our family loved Cloudhill and had a peaceful week. The house is well presented, clean and with good quality finishing’s and furnishings. We would love to come back sometime soon. Thank you." Sali, October 2014
"A wonderful and comfortable home away from home for a relaxing weekend. The children spent all day exploring the garden and left the adults plenty of time to relax in the gorgeous living room over looking the valley."
Sharlene, November 2014
"We had a very enjoyable stay. We didn't want to leave. Cloudhill is a beautiful property with spectacular views and really country charm and warmth. We will be back! Thank you Highlands Holidays for recommending this beautiful property."
Louise, June 2014
"This is from a nanny in Nannas Lane, enjoying a wonderful time with my children and grandchildren in this amazing home. And as homely it is, with the most amazing views. We all had a ball. I love it. The children had a very special time and I am happy seeing that. Thank you very much!".
Penelope, April 2014
"The views are beautiful and the house is very cosy. Highlands Holidays were great to use and very helpful when planning our trip. Cloudhill is a quiet location for a relaxing break from the city."
Carla, April 2014
Holiday Rental Specialists - Booking Information
We take pride in the cleanliness and presentation of all the holiday properties managed by Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays. All are well stocked you will find the following:
Linen: linen and towels are included
Kitchen: cleaning spray, tea towels, detergent and dishcloths
Pantry: we operate a revolving pantry, you will find oil, salt, pepper, tea, coffee and sugar. Please feel free to leave sealed, non-perishable items for the next guests
Bathroom: soap, tissues and toilet paper
• This property has unfenced dams - it is important that all children are supervised at all times in the paddocks and this is the guests' responsibility.
• Sorry we are NOT pet friendly
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". Please make note of this in your enquiry, if applicable. A comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay. We will also need to hold valid credit card details of a guaranteeing parent as extra security.
***For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.***