The Gullies Retreat is simply enchanting and for those wanting to escape the city rat-race there is no better place to come and relax and unwind.
Be enchanted by the two 1920's original sandstone cottages joined by a modern "cube" with ceiling to floor windows opening out to a forested gully.
This house has been custom furnished and fitted out by a designer to provide the utmost comfort and luxury. Venture out into the 2.5 acres of pristine bushland with curious paths and nature trails inviting you in to commune with nature.....or just enjoy the abundant flora and fauna all year round from the expansive entertaining deck.
With underfloor heating, central heating, a slow combustion fire, high ceilings and fans, your comfort is assured all year round.
- 3 large bedrooms (see configuration below)
- 2 bathrooms including a walk in shower and a spa bath
- renovated country kitchen with all mod cons
- under floor heating in lounge with slow combustion fire
- central heating in all bedrooms
- good quality foosball table
- entertaining deck with BBQ
- gorgeous nooks to explore in the garden
- WiFi throughout
Bedroom 1:Four poster King bed
Bedroom 2:Queen bed
Bedroom 3:2 single beds (can be pushed together) and2 trundle beds
Queen sofa bed in lounge by fire
Beautiful Bundanoon, home of the Highland Fling, Brigadoon at Bundanoon, Open Garden Schemes, Winterfest, the bike shop, monasteries, first & third Sunday Markets, Solar Springs Day Spa, Morton National Park, cafes and famous for street bubblers since 2010 when all plastic water bottles were banned!
Distances as follows:-
• 1 km walk to town
• 1 km to the Sunnataram Buddhist Monasteries
• 2 km drive to Morton National Park
• 18.3 km to Moss Vale
• 24.5 km to Berrima
• 27 km to Bowral
• 29.9 km to Fitzroy Falls
• 1 hour to Nowra/Coast
• 1 hour 45 mins to Canberra
• 2 hours from Sydney (18kms off the Highway at Sutton Forest)
Extras Available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
• Porta cot plus linen for $10 per night (max $30)
• Rollaway plus linen for $40 a night (min 2 nights)
• Highchair for $7 per night (max $21)
• Sorry, due to the wildlife, this property is NOT suitable for pets.
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". Please make note of this in your enquiry, if applicable. A comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay. We will also need to hold valid credit card details of a guaranteeing parent as extra security.
• For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
“Would recommend this property to anyone. We all had a lovely stay, were very comfortable and warm.”
Wendy, August 2016
"Beautiful home to stay in for the weekend, we didn't want to leave!! Beautiful comfortable beds and the floor heating was the perfect winter touch! Great location, great house and great vibes. Thank you."
Jayde, June 2016
"The Gullies Retreat has been a beautiful restful home away from home. we have enjoyed the big open spaces and modern facilities."
Shalini, April 2016
"This house was perfect for our girls weekend away. We loved the location, the beautiful spaces and the comfortable spaces. The beds were so comfortable and the underfloor heating made it so cozy!" Michaela, November 2015
''Gullies Retreat is the perfect place for a large group holiday. Super comfortable and chic with great amenities and sincerely good vibes.''
Louisa, October 2015
“A wonderful getaway for a girl’s weekend! So cosy with the open fire and every convenience provided for. Will definitely be back."
Lisa August 2015
"We had an absolutely amazing time and the house was everything it said it would be in the pictures. Beautiful house and so warm! We loved the heated floors and fireplace."
Febiene, June 2015
“We thoroughly enjoyed our craft weekend at The Gullies Retreat. It was ideal – plenty of space, lots of serenity and just a lovely relaxing weekend had by all 9 of us! Thank you so much!”
Claire, November 2014
"This would have to be one of the best country accommodations we have had the chance to stay in! The kids loved the spacious rooms. Thank you."
Mustafa, August 2014
"We loved the property. It is very spacious, welcoming and modern. This was perfect for our girls weekend away."
Sarah, July 2014
Holiday Rental Specialists - Booking Information
We take pride in the cleanliness and presentation of all the holiday properties managed by Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays.
All are well stocked you will find the following:
Linen: linen and towels are included
Kitchen: cleaning spray, tea towels, detergent and dishcloths
Pantry: we operate a revolving pantry, you will find oil, salt, pepper, tea, coffee and sugar. Please feel free to leave sealed, non-perishable items for the next guests
Bathroom: soap, tissues and toilet paper