Welcome to Aylmerton House C1870 From the moment you drive through the wrought iron gates and sweep past the fountain on the circular drive up to the front door you will feel this grand lady's presence. Or perhaps take the sandstone path through the Camellia arches past the partier and the cottage to the cosy back end of the house. Either way, this property will surprise and delight you at every turn.
The period home stands on 5 acres of lawns and gardens including partier gardens, veggie patches, bocce court, large grassy areas, rose gardens, hedges, trees all shades of Autumn, dam with fountain, playhouse, courtyards - shady and sunny and covered verandas. There is a nook for each season and every occasion.
Living areas comprise the grand formal dining room with table to seat 14 and a massive open fireplace. The kitchen is fully equipped and offers another cosy open fireplace with copper pots and central marble island bench top. A great place to cook up a storm for your dinner party. Across the massive hallway is a drawing room with open fireplace, relaxing sofas at one end and beautiful card/games table at the other. At the end of the hallway is a large casual sitting room with TV, comfortable sofas and occasional chairs and slow combustion wood heater, opening out onto a warm sunny courtyard with outdoor furniture and BBQ.
Covered walkways take you to the Cottage and Garden Room offering another small living area and kitchen along with additional sleeping quarters and a bathroom.
The formal end of the house is deliciously cool in summer and there is central heating as well as 3 fireplaces in winter.
The property features:
• Gorgeous garden areas
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Central heating
• 3 open fireplaces
• Courtyard with outdoor furniture and BBQ
• Bedroom 1: Queen with en suite
• Bedroom 2: King
• Bedroom 3: Queen
• Bedroom 4: Queen
• Bedroom 5: 2 singles
• King – 1 bathroom and second kitchen
• 2 singles
• 10 km to Bowral town centre
• 11.2 km to Gibraltar Hotel
• 11.8 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 12 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 6 km to Mittagong
• 19.3 km to Berrima
• 24.7 km to Southern Highlands Wines
• 21.6 km to Sutton Forest
• 100 km to Sydney
• 180 km to Canberra
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7.
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music.
• All properties managed by us are stocked with basic supplies, please bring your own supplies for your specific requirements.
• Longer term bookings will qualify for a discount, and we will match competitor pricing where possible, please send us a message.
• This property is NOT pet friendly
• This property will consider bookings for "Shoolies". However, we require a comprehensive guest registration form to be completed prior to confirmation and a cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay.
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
“The house is beautiful. The gardens are just divine. Fabulous for a big group. Gorgeous interior and very comfortable. Would definitely come again.”
Charlotte, November 2016
“Our party of twelve had an exceptional weekend, the house is grand and lived up to every one of our expectations.”
John, November 2016
“Fantastic property. Comfortable, warm and inviting.”
Reinaldo, June 2016
"Great house for a group weekend away. Plenty of space for kids to play and adults to relax."
Suzie, July 2016
"We had a wonderful time at Aylmerton House. The property was beautiful and so cosy - perfect for a winter getaway with friends."
Susie, June 2016
“Aylmerton House is an absolutely stunning 1870s house. We were all wowed when we arrived on our first night and just moved from room to room completely mesmerised, taking in the style and intricate details of the house. Highlands Holidays had turned the heating on for us so it was warm when we arrived, which was a lovely touch. We woke up the next morning to the beautiful views of the surrounding 5 acres of land. All the bedrooms are decorated beautifully and the beds are very comfortable. The house is massive and even with a large group of us we had plenty of room. Although the oven is on the small side NB: there is another kitchen in the cottage and also a BBQ, the kitchen has everything you need to cater for a large party including Le Cruset cookware and a Royal Doulton dinner. We spent our afternoons relaxing in the drawing room eating cake and drinking tea and taking walks around the grounds we joked that we felt like part of the aristocracy. Our evenings were spent dinning in the exquisite candle lit dining room, in front of the open fire. For those who enjoy mod-cons there is also a huge flat screen TV in the living room. On the few occasions that we were able to drag ourselves away from the comfort of the house, we enjoyed some of the nearby wineries and quaint villages. We loved our stay and we would recommend this property to anyone wanting a relaxing weekend away in complete comfort and style. The only trouble is that on our next weekend away it is going to be hard to find a property that lives up to Aylmerton House”
Kelly, June 2014