This property is proudly managed by The Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays
While the railway’s backdrop of country trains occasionally rumbling by, may not be for everyone, it adds a certain nostalgic feel of days gone by and there is much history associated with the railway siding which you can read all about in the guest compendium at the property. You or some of your guests may even like to consider arriving for your stay by train – practically stepping off the platform and a short stone’s throw onto the front verandah
This extremely interesting property has seen various upgrades over the years making it a superb and quaint place to stay. It is a classic weatherboard cottage retaining a lot of its original features; high ceilings, internal lining boards and timber flooring, updated but not new or modern bath room with separate toilet and electric kitchen. Construction is Western Red Cedar with an iron roof and wide Jarrah and Kauri Pine floor boards. The furnishing and decorating is all very sympathetic and comfortable. The house is warm and cosy in winter.
This is an ideal location to stay at for visiting local wineries, Brigadoon is Bundanoon, Highlands Fling, attending weddings at Montrose Berry Farm, Southern Highlands Winery, Eling Forest, and all the Highlands have to offer including the Glow Worm Glen, Solar Springs, Morton National Park. We are across the road from Exeter Antiques, and Gallery Ecosse, a contemporary art gallery situated in The Halcyon Cottage, circa 1869
The house features:-
• 3 x Reverse cycle Daiken air con/heaters
• Slow combustion wood stove and heater
• Separate lounge and dining areas
• 2 x Double bedrooms and walk through one twin room 2 singles
• Fantastic stable style door in master bedroom – great in summer
• Older style bathroom with bath
• Toilet in laundry
The biggest surprise is out the back – a large wood lined shed with polished concrete floors set up as a games room and additional comfortable lounge area. It has a northern wall of glass-sliding doors, creating a beautiful warm sun-trap for breakfast or morning tea and providing a great outlook over a large fully fenced garden and beyond to the beautiful trees of the village as the occasional train rumbles by.
This area includes:-
• Slow combustion wood stove and heater
• Barrel bar with bar stools
• Comfortable lounge suites
• Tea and coffee making station
• Mini pool table
• Table tennis, boulles and croquet set
• TV and Stereo including turntable and an interesting collection of vinyl records
• Plenty of room to hire our rollaways and linen packs but note that there is no bathroom out here
Bedroom 1 - Double
Bedroom 2 - Double
Bedroom 3 - 2x Singles
• 100 m to Exeter town centre
• 7.1 km to Bundanoon
• 4.4 km to Montrose Berry Farm
• 8.8 km to Southern Highlands Winery
• 9.3 km to Eling Forest WInery
• 7 km to Solar Springs
• 6.3 km to Glow Worm Glen
• 6 km to Sutton Forest
• 19.3 km to Bowral town centre
Extras available for hire:
• Porta cot plus linen for $10 per night max $30
• Rollaway plus linen for $40 a night min 2 nights
• Highchair for $7 per night max $21
Contact HRS directly to book and pay for any of the above extras.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property
All bedding is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss.
• We ARE Pet Friendly and there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
• If you book you will receive directions to the property and the access details 1 day prior to your arrival date.
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly – a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay.
• For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
"Station Masters House is a step back in time. It has been beautifully decorated with rustic furniture and working piano. Loved the simplicity. Really relaxed."
Ian, June 2016
"A lovely, quaint cottage."
Kate, March 2016
"Jane and the team at The Holiday Rental Specialists have been fantastic in getting us set up and under way in the rental of our cottage at Exeter. Every detail has been looked after; the booking process, cleaning and presentation of the cottage, monthly statements and payments, and feedback and follow-up have all been first class and has meant it has been an entirely stress-free exercise for us. We're grateful for the highly professional and efficient service we have received and look forward to an ongoing successful arrangement with Jane and the team."
Alison & Neil, March 2016
Owners of Station Masters Cottage
"We loved staying at the Station Masters Cottage. It gave us the opportunity to disconnect from the 'busyness' of life and relax. Thanks so much for having us stay. We loved our week here"
Stanley, January 2016
"Had a wonderful family stay at Station Masters Cottage great for comfort and activities TOOT TOOT
Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with our family we would stay again."
Steve, September 2015