This gorgeous Highland cottage can be yours for a short or a long time…..Discerning city dwellers will love escaping to Jimpilly Cottage – an original and restored settlers’ cottage built in the 1930’s, with a traditional wide hallway with original fretwork, high ceilings and original timber floors. It is nestled on the northern slopes of Mount Gibraltar overlooking the quaint town of Mittagong and only minutes’ drive to Bowral.
Restored and sympathetically renovated over the years, and furnished in a gorgeous country style, the cottage is warm, impeccably clean and very comfortable. Jimpilly Cottage is ideal accommodation for a relaxing weekend away, attending a local wedding, or getting out and about to all the Highlands has to offer, just 4.4km to Bowral town centre.
Featuring a slow combustion wood-fire and additional heating in the pretty formal sitting room and bedrooms and reverse cycle air-conditioner in the kitchen/dining area, your comfort is assured throughout the seasons.
“Jimpilly” means “peaceful place, beautiful garden” and it is certainly that. The northern terrace is bathed in sunlight which floods in to the dining/ kitchen area and the garden boasts roses, rhododendrons, camellias and a majestic date palm holding fort out the front. There are covered verandahs and a large rear entertaining courtyard from which to enjoy the garden throughout all seasons.
Read about the interesting connection to local school, Frensham and Sturt Craft Centre and Gallery in the detailed historical notes in the guest compendium at the cottage.
• Walking distance to Mittagong shops and station
• Large front and rear decks
• Rear entertaining courtyard
• Pretty formal lounge with cosy slow combustion fireplace
• Reverse cycle air conditioning
• TV, Blu-ray/DVD player, iPod dock
• Fully equipped kitchen, including microwave
• 3 bedrooms, 3 king beds that can be split into singles
• Bath with shower over in renovated bathroom
• Additional toilet in laundry
Jimpilly Cottage has worked its magic on the new owners….now let it work its magic on you!
Bedroom 1 – King Bed- can be split into two singles on request at time of booking
Bedroom 2 – King Bed- can be split into two singles on request at time of booking
Bedroom 3 – 2x King Singles-can be made into one King on request at time of booking
• 4.4 km to Bowral town Centre
• 5.4 km to Gibraltar Hotel
• 6 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 6.8 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 1.1 km to Mittagong
• 13.8 km to Berrima
• 10.7 km to Bendooley Estate
• 18.4 km to Southern Highlands Wines
• 21.7 km to Sutton Forest
We can also provide the following on request:-
• Porta cot plus linen for $15
• Rollaway plus linen for $40 a night
• Highchair for $15.
Subject to availability - Request at time of booking.
"Lovely gardens and quiet location, easy drive to town. Comfy, homely house."
Patricia, May 2016
"Jimpilly Cottage was a gorgeous house for our mid-week short break in Mittagong. We thoroughly enjoyed all the amenities, especially the beautiful gardens."
Emily, December 2015
''Lovely. Felt like the quintessential country cottage.''
Adam, October 2015
Holiday Rental Specialists Booking Information
We take pride in the cleanliness and presentation of all the holiday properties managed by Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays.
Linen: linen and towels are included plus personal guest soaps
Kitchen: cleaning spray, tea towels, detergent and dishcloths
Pantry: we operate a revolving pantry, you will find at minimum oil, salt, pepper, tomato sauce, herbs and spices, tea, coffee and sugar. Please feel free to leave sealed, non-perishable items for the next guests
Bathroom: pump soap, tissues and toilet paper
• We ARE Pet Friendly and there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". Please make note of this in your enquiry, if applicable. A comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay. We will also need to hold valid credit card details of a guaranteeing parent as extra security.
***For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.***