This property is proudly managed by Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays
Mount Hamilton Cottage is a gorgeous 1920’s cottage which used to belong to the neighbouring estate of Mount Hamilton House. Sitting on the higher side of the hill in this exclusive area, it commands a good position overlooking the former estate. It has been lovingly restored, renovated and added to over the years, creating a charming and relaxing place to stay for your Highlands sojourn.
Two sides of the house are surrounded by a generous deck: ideal for morning coffee or afternoon tea in the sun or a meal or family gathering under the filtered shade of the large established surrounding trees.
Upon entering the cottage be delighted with the original features including wide polished floorboards, internal wood lining, and original fireplace in kitchen which have been combined effortlessly with wool sisal carpets, modern renovated bathrooms and kitchen including Butlers’ sink, and comfortable furnishings creating a stylish but relaxed feel.
The house features:-
- Fully equipped kitchen including 5-burner gas stove top and large oven, dishwasher drawer, large island bench, cosy open fireplace
- Large dining table seating 6-8
- Comfortable lounge suites including a double sofa bed
- TV/DVD/IPOD Dock Stereo
- Selection of DVDS, Books & CDs for guests to enjoy during their stay
- Gas central heating throughout
- 3 large bedrooms all with split king beds request configuration at time of booking and suitcase racks
- Master and en suite bathrooms with heated towel rails, hair dryers and a bath
- Large wrap around deck with outdoor dining table seating 8-10
- BBQ connected to house gas
- Internal laundry with washer and dryer
3 bedrooms including 1 en suite and 1 master bathroom
The house comfortably sleeps 3 couples or 6 singles or any combination of couples and singles up to 6 guests. Each bedroom has a King bed that can be split and made up as two separate singles.
The bedrooms will be presented as 2 king bedrooms and 1 twin room unless otherwise requested at time of booking. no last minute requests please – beds are made up well in advance of your stay.
There is a double sofa bed in the lounge room bringing total numbers to 8. There is an additional charge for the use of the sofa bed and it includes all linen and towels but must be requested at time of booking or with plenty of notice.
We are an ideal property for wedding guest accommodation, a short taxi ride away from many of the venues.
- 1.3km to Bowral town centre
- 3.3km to Gibraltar Resort
- 3.9km to Craigieburn – Peppers Resort
- 4.7km to Centenniel Vineyards
- 4.9km to Mittagong
- 8.8km to Bendooley Estate Berkelow Books
- 10.2km to Berrima
- 14.6km to Southern Highlands Winery
- 16km to Sutton Forest
Extras available for hire:
• Porta cot plus linen for $10 per night max $30
• Rollaway plus linen for $40 a night min 2 nights
• Highchair for $7 per night max $21
Contact HRS directly to book and pay for any of the above extras.
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss.
• Sorry we are NOT pet friendly – we are ideal for allergy sufferers as no pets have stayed since the new woollen sisal has been laid.
• If you book you will receive directions to the property and the access details 1 day prior to your arrival date.
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by contacting HRS directly – a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay.
• For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
“We enjoyed our girls weekend away. The house was a great size for six, beds were comfortable. Beautiful old home with lots of character. Lovely area, good distance from main street. Thank you.”
Kym, November 2016
“Thank you so much. Mount Hamilton was absolutely perfect for our stay for the wedding. Great warmth, very clean, cost and a fantastic kitchen”
Zara, October 2016
“The property is outstanding It is extremely comfortable. We especially LOVED the fact the fire was prepared and ready to go. Lovely touch. The attention to detail is appreciated. We will definitely be back. Thank you.”
Karen, November 2016
"Love this place. Perfect weekend getaway with other couples. Stunning property with everything you could need"
Juliet, October 2016
“We will be back A Beautiful, comfortable cottage. Lovely ambience, beautiful gardens. Enjoyed your stay immensely”
Karen, September 2016
“Most comfortable, homely, inviting and with modern amenities to make our stay very enjoyable thank you. Loved the gardens and privacy too.”
Penelope, September 2016
“My sister and husband are visiting from Cairns, so we brought them to Bowral as a cool climate getaway. The weather has been beautiful and the house is perfectly accommodating for 2 couples and 2 kids. We would definitely bring the family back.”
Katrina, July 2016
“Great house, very warm and all the comforts of home. We would love to stay again”
Suzanne, July 2016
"Excellent communication from the experts, kindly provided late booking. Very professional."
Lucy, April 2016
"Beautiful home in a great location"
Christopher, March 2016