This property is proudly managed by The Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays
One hour south of Sydney in the New South Wales Southern Highlands, you will discover Little Forest. On this historic forty-acre property there are seven enchanting country cottages available for short or long stays. The cottages can be booked individually or all together for private group accommodation. Please use the separate listings to book just one of the cottages or click on request booking here and use the comments section to ask us for a quote for the cottage you are interested in.
THE COTTAGES: The seven self-contained cottages are delightful retreats. Appointed with antique furniture and crockery, fully equipped modern kitchens and bathrooms, outdoor settings, hammocks and barbeques. They are family and pet friendly too.
THE FARM: Enjoyable for young and old. Meet and pat our friendly farm animals and enjoy the property’s bush tracks, which are easy to use on foot or by mountain bike. Bootie and Trumbie the beloved Shetland ponies, found in the top paddock, Augustine and Freda the Alpacas and the Chooks and Geese that free-range around the property. If there are guest dogs, we keep the chooks locked up for their own safety.
HISTORY: Experience where Governor Lachlan Macquarie camped in 1821. Discover Little Forest’s own long history as a place of inspiration for artists and writers throughout the 20th Century.
THE AREA: Stylish and sophisticated, the Southern Highlands also retains the charm of its colonial past. Little Forest is conveniently located, only minutes from the towns of Bowral and Mittagong with Moss Vale nearby. As are the villages of Berrima, Burrawang, Exeter, Sutton Forest and Robertson. Browse our fabulous boutiques, art galleries, book and antique shops. There are a wonderful variety of restaurants and cafés for you to try. Discover delicious locally grown food at the weekend Farmers’ Markets or follow a wine trail to sample award-winning cool climate wine.
Bedroom Configuration: -
Little Forest Cottages sleep 43 guests as follows: -
•LAVENDER COTTAGE - Sleeps 12 in 4 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms.
-Bedroom 1 – upstairs with 1 split king, 1 single bed, ensuite.
-Bedroom 2 - 1 split king
-Bedroom 3 - 1 double and a timber cot
-Bedroom 4 – 1 split king, 3 single beds.
-Additional share bathroom with claw foot bath.
-Wood heater downstairs plus oil heaters in all downstairs bedrooms.
-Reverse cycle air conditioning unit in upstairs bedroom.
-Shares fenced yard with Studio Cottage
•STUDIO COTTAGE - Sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms with 1 bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - Queen bed with ensuite only bathroom
- Bedroom 2 - Loft style with 2 singles
- Additional sofa bed available on request with extra linen charge.
- Open fire place and slow combustion wood heater
- Shares fenced yard with Lavender Cottage
•ORCHARD COTTAGE - Sleeps 3 in 1 bedroom with 1 bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - 1 split king bed, 1 single bed
- Wood heater downstairs and a reverse cycle air conditioner upstairs.
•OATLEY COTTAGE - Sleeps 3 couples or 6 singles in 3 bedrooms with 1 bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - 1 split king bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 spilt king bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 split king bed
- Slow combustion wood heater and
Large fenced yard.
•POTTERY COTTAGE - Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms
- Bedroom 1 - Split king with en-suite
-Bedroom 2 - Split king with en-suite
-Wood heater and fenced rear yard
•ECO COTTAGE - Sleeps 3 in 1 bedroom with 1 bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - Loft style with 1 Double bed and 1 single day bed
-Electric heater and unfenced
•THE ANGAS CARRIAGE- Sleeps maximum of 9 in 7 bedrooms/compartments which can be configured as seating or bedding, one bathroom and another additional toilet
-6 single compartments, each with fully functional sink and luggage rack for small overnight bag
-1 double with single compartment no sink
Distances to: -
• 17.3 km to Bowral town centre
• 17.4 km to Gibraltar Resort
• 18.0 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 19.4 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 12.1 km to Mittagong
• 24.7 km to Berrima
• 38.9 km to Southern Highlands Wines
• 35.5 km to Sutton Forest
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
blankets and quilts with covers on the beds.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss.
• Pricing is for 36 guests
• Number of adults, children and pets must be declared at time of booking and any changes advised so that the beds can be made up in the appropriate configuration
• Not all calendars are up to date as individual cottages can be booked. We will confirm availability when you make an enquiry.
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss
• All cottages EXCEPT The Angas carriage are pet friendly and there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets.
• If you book you will receive the directions to the property and the access details 1 day prior to your arrival date.
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". Please make note of this in your enquiry, if applicable. A comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay. We will also need to hold valid credit card details of a guaranteeing parent as extra security.
• For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.