This private retreat is set on 2.25 acres and adjoins 8 acres of the Bebrue Girl Guides Camping area with access to bushwalks, creek and fire trails in the State Forest. With battle-axe entry, it is a quiet and private oasis with room to explore and play. There are regular sightings of Echidnas, Wombats and Kangaroos at the door with an array of birdlife also.
The living room, with its polished floorboards, slow combustion fire and rustic autumn-coloured decor exudes a warm and comfortable atmosphere. The cathedral ceilings and grand piano add a touch of grandeur.
There are indoor and outdoor dining options including a sunny covered deck overlooking the bush and a very cool shady covered verandah on the ground floor ideal for use in summer. A large fire-pit at the bottom of the garden is ideal for toasting marshmallows and staying warm whilst gazing at the night skies.
All your entertainment needs are met with a smart TV with internet access, sound bar, T box, and apple TV. There is also a rumpus room with billiard table and various games and equipment and a second large TV and third bathroom. The rumpus doubles as a 5th bedroom and has a nifty single day bed with separate trundle under that can be raised to create a king bed.
The property features:
• Fully equipped kitchen with dual dishwasher drawers
• Gas central heating and slow combustion fireplace upstairs
• Reverse cycle air conditioning units in two bedrooms and stand-alone heating in the rumpus room
• Smart TV, sound bar, T box, DVD, apple TV and Wi-Fi
• 4-5 bedrooms as described below
• 3 bathrooms including 1 with a bath
• Covered entertaining verandah upstairs and covered deck downstairs
• BBQ, brassier, seasonal fire-pit
• Large laundry/mud room
• Trampoline, swing set
• Master bedroom - king with en suite and separate reverse cycle air conditioner
• Bedroom 2 - queen and separate reverse cycle air conditioner
• Bedroom 3 - queen
• Bedroom 4 - twin 2 singles
• Shared bathroom including bath
• Rumpus room doubles as the 5th bedroom - single daybed with trundle under. The trundle can be raised to level with the single, creating a king
• Third bathroom with shower and toilet
• 2 kms to Mittagong shops, cafes, antiques
• 3.5km to Highlands Golf Club, local swimming pool
• 4.8kms to Bowral shops and cafes
• 11.5kms to Bong Bong Picnic Racecourse
• 6.2kms to Bowral Golf Club
• 7.3kms Peppers Craigieburn
• 6.6kms to Gibraltar Hotel
• 12.1kms to Bendooley Estate
• 15.1kms to Berrima Village
• 18kms to Southern Highlands Winery
• 25.6kms to Exeter Village and General Store
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• There is an unfenced pond in proximity to the house. The driveway is steep and requires caution but does not require 4-wheel drive. The property is not fully fenced off from the adjoining bushland and creek.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
• All properties managed by us are stocked with basic supplies, please bring your own supplies for your specific requirements
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message
• This property is NOT pet friendly
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licenced Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
• Wi-Fi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable
• This property is proudly managed by a licensed real estate agent - please send a message if you’d like to know more about the packages we offer for bookings and property management.
“Fantastic countryside getaway for families and groups. We had a really fun weekend at the house and would come back. The house was so cosy and welcoming on arrival. Thanks.”
Rachel, August 2017