downstairs dining/small lounge
Devon Cottage upstairs
enclosed verandah sleep out
Devon Cottage rondel garden
Southdown garden French room
Southdown garden daffodils
Fresh Eggs at Southdown
Southdown 1857 homestead
tulips in spring
Southdown Estate garden
tulips in spring
Devon Cottage detail
DEVON COTTAGE - WINNER 2014 - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION
Is one of 4 cottages, provides a unique cosy accommodation experience for a truly romantic and peaceful getaway. It is located in asylvan setting of trees, hedges, ponds and garden rooms on the estate.
The cottage accommodation for a couple only - not suitable for the elderly or infirm - is totally self-contained and fully equipped for your relaxation.
It is set in the historic 1857 "Southdown" manicured 6 acre gardened estate. Your accommodation gives you access to this Southern Highlands iconic garden and yet you are just 5 minutes from the cafes, antique & boutique shops of Bowral town centre.
There are many vinyards, open gardens and National parks to visit within a 15 minutes drive.
An initial 2 day complementary basket breakfast provided
- "A magical cottage, we loved every minute of our stay a piece of paradise, thank you" Mark & Susan Taylor
- " Our heats will smile whenever we think of Devon Cottage. See you again soon" Jan
- "Devon Cottage is truly a slice of heaven on earth & a perfect way to enjoy "Dolle far niente" ...The sweetness of doing nothing!! perfect in every way, thank you". Donna D -
- "We made all our friend staying at Craigburn (for our friend's wedding) jealous. The attention to details is exquisite - Melanie & Ari.
- " What a beautiful place to spend the first two nights of our honeymoon. Great choice by my husband as feel like a quaint English cottage with Alice in wonderland gardens a surprise around every corner. Thank you for a lovely stay" - Helen & Justin Whealing
- "Wow!!!- where do we start???? The absolute "perfect" getaway that we needed & were both looking for. All boxes were ticked!!! I just wish we stay stayed longer to escape from reality & the rat race. Oh well it means that we will just have to come back again!!! Can't wait!! Thank you !!! " Regards Chris & Sarah
- " I just wanted to thank you for a wonderful stay in Devon Cottage. It was recommended to us by friends and it definitely lived up to their raave reviews. I have been recommending it to everyone I came across so far today." Sinead Connolly.
- " Hi Margaret, It was quite nice feeling as if we were hidden away from the world. We loved our stay and the cottage was just georgeous. Thank you." - Elise Thogersen
- "Despite non stop rain Devon Cottage lived up to our expectations of quaint, peaceful place to take in the beauty of the Southern Highlands. Thank you." John & Liz
WINNER 2014 - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION - SHBAwards - Devon Cottage's professionally decorated interior
The original slab walls are from a 1880 fruit picker's hut that has been reconstructed on the Southdown Estate with an extra storey added.
The Cottage has a very rustic interior with an eclectic collection of country & Victorian furniture and bric a brac.
Upstairs the large bedroom/lounge with comfy sofa invites you to relax in front of the TV or you can enjoy the dormer window views overlooking the rose, cottage gardens and ponds.
Downstairs has a cosy living area with lounge, a dining corner and wood fire in winter. An old fashioned period kitchenette provides cooking facilities. The enclosed veranda provides an outdoor room to sit and enjoy the flora.
Reverse cycle airconditioning ensures comfort all year round.
A wonderful romantic hideaway for a couple.
The "Southdown" Estate
Southdown is an historic 1857 estate where old and new gardens and trees are blended into tranquil and timeless 'rooms'.
Wander among the old hedges, and the many cottage, herb, rose and herbaceous gardens. Enjoy the huge old trees, massed bulb plantings, sweeping lawns, pools and ponds, cherry walk, potager, parterre and Shakespear gardens and orchard all of which change dramatically through the seasons. The bird life is abundent.
While at Southdown you can take a stroll around the English-like countryside of Burradoo or take a pleasent 15 minute walk into Bowral for your coffee/lunch at one of the many wonderful cafes.
Air conditioning, Washing machine, Parking
- Non-Smoking, Long-term renters welcome
- Entertainment and Family
- DVD player, Video library, Games, Stereo, Parking, Books, Hair dryer, Internet access, Living room, Television
- Kitchen and Dining
- Kitchen, Microwave, Coffee maker, Dining, Dishes and utensils, Oven, Pantry items, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster
- Linen and Cleaning
- Linens provided, Clothes dryer, Iron and board, Washing machine, Towels provided
- Heating and Cooling
- Air conditioning, Fireplace, Heating, Ceiling fan