SOUTHDOWN STABLE - WINNER 2005 & 2014 - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION
Is one of 4 cottages, accommodation 4-6 people is a converted 1857 stable that has been lovingly converted into a very cosy and unique self contained accommodation experience. A romantic and peaceful getaway set among camellia hedged rose gardens.
You have the use of the 6 acre manicured historic garden to enjoy during your stay.
The Stable is fully equipped with 2 x queen bedrooms one with additional single bed , There is also a king single bed divan in the lounge open plan area. it has 2 x separate bathrooms with showers - one with hip bath , a lounge/dining/kitchen area which is fully equipped, the cottage includes central heating & a wood fire for the Highlands winter ambiance and ceiling fans.
The Stable is uniquely furnished in a rustic antique feel which is complementary to this old 1857 Stable.
A perfect romantic, family or friends getaway.
An initial complementary 2 day full basket breakfast is provided.
Cancellation Policy - 50 of the total will be charged if cancelled up to 30 days prior to arrival and Total Cost will be charged if cancelled within 30 days of arrival date.
Featured on SYDNEY WEEKENDER and reviewed by the SUN HERALD TRAVEL SECTION
"Few bed & breakfast places offer a self-contained experience. Even fewer offer a throughly original feel. Southdown does both and virtually demands that you dream a little. No other place we have stayed at has quite offered the intrigue of the Southdown Stable"
- " What sheer & utter bliss. Thank you Margaret for allowing us to share a corner of your beautiful home & grounds. The Stable is magnificent& extremely comfortable. - Peter & Mary Arnold
- " This has been one of life's most delightful surprises. The incredible ambiance challenges the old thought "there no place like home"- there is, it's here & we plan to return already. Thank you for sharing your creativity so gladly." Ian & Jayne Stanfield.
- :"An exquisite place. We has a wonderfully relaxing time." - Julia & Mark
- "What an absolute surprise We came down for an engagement party and didn't think too much about the accommodation. It us a absolutely gorgeous place set in beautiful gardens. Thank you for all the effort you put into the house for our arrival. It was warm & cosy and smelt beautiful. We will definitely come again and tell all our friends. Thank you again" - Will, Danielle & Lucy Thompson
- " One of the nicest accommodations we have seen Great atmosphere. We has a great time" - Mark & Chrissy Chenery.
- "We loved the old world touches & great ambiance created by an artistic eye and value for the 'good old days'. As you can see we return yet again & will continue to come back to this serene haven. Thank you Margaret" - Monica & Brian Bright.
- "I just wanted to say a big thank you for the amazing weekend I had at your delightful stables last weekend. It is the most beautiful property and a wonderful place to spend a weekend- I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you again." - James Tonkin
- "We very much enjoyed our stay, and appreciated the lovely garden. The Stable is so comfortable and homely, and very well equipped" - Don & Miriam Frommer
Southdown Cottages are -
WINNER 2005 & 2104 - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION - SHB Awards
and BOOKING.COM - 2015 & 2016 Guest Review Awards
The Historic Estate of SOUTHDOWN -
Southdown is the original historic 1857 estate of Burradoo- Bowral where old and new gardens and trees are blended into tranquil and timeless 'rooms' in its now 6 acres.
Wander among the old hedges,orchard, cottage, herb, rose and herbaceous gardens.
Enjoy the huge 150 year old trees, massed bulb plantings, sweeping lawns, pools and ponds, cherry walk, rose, parterre and Shakespeare gardens - all of which change dramatically through the seasons.
.The Cottages at "Southdown"
SOUTHDOWN STABLE / SOUTHDOWN COTTAGE / DEVON COTTAGE / DEVON LONG BARN.
gives you access to this Southern Highlands iconic 6 acre garden and yet you are just 3 minutes from the many cafes & restaurants and 10 minutes from the many vineyards, antique shops, surrounding villages and National parks."