Set on over 4,500sqm, Highcroft is a charming property that backs onto the nature trails of Mount Gibraltar and offers a peaceful retreat with a sunny northern outlook. Highcroft has recently undergone a facelift. It now has a fresher, newer feel Highcroft Cottage has everything you are seeking for a short country getaway with friends, or a longer family Southern Highlands experience.
Close to the cafes, galleries and antiques stores, Highcroft is easy to find and conveniently located high off the road from Mittagong to Bowral with distant views of rolling hills and bushland. Local vineyards and function centres are very close by, with Corbett Gardens, the Bradman Oval and Museum, golf courses, Bong Bong Street shops and Sturt Gallery are short drives away. Highcroft sits 1.1km from Bowral town centre.
Inside, there are two living areas, three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms and culinary kitchen and laundry / mud room. The formal sitting room has stained glass windows and looks north over the rose gardens and circular driveway. It adjoins the dining room and kitchen. The rumpus area is fitted with a large modular lounge suite with views across the courtyard and greater grounds. It adjoins the master bedroom. There is a large 58” flat screen smart TV and DVD player in the rumpus room with a second TV in the main bedroom.
Guests are invited to cook up a storm in the well equipped kitchen or fire-up the gas BBQ in the courtyard using fruits, vegetables or herbs from the vast garden.
The green bedroom consists of a queen-sized four poster bed with an en suite. The elegant blue bedroom consists of a queen bed with built in wardrobes, dressing table and window seat. The French styled antique twin room can accommodate 2 singles or a third couple with the beds pushed together. There is a further sofa bed double in the sitting room.
The Highcroft gardens are vast, colourful and changing with the seasons. Blossoming plums line the driveway and flower in Spring along with iris, tulips, rhododendrons, camellias, wisteria and lilies, just to name few. Herbs include kaffir lime, parsley, thyme, lavender and Italian celery. Fruit tress include oranges, lemons, apples, pears and fig trees. Children can wander through the fairy garden at the rear of the property or play hide and seek for hours on end amongst the large trees including pines, gums and Japanese maples. There are three outdoor dining areas to choose from for alfresco eating or an afternoon aperitif
There’s a selection of DVDs, books, cards and board games if it’s a bit chilly outside or if it starts snowing. The house has central heating so it is warm and comfortable in the winter months, and due to its elevation on the Gib it stays cool in summer.
The property features:
• 58-inch smart TV and DVD player in rumpus room
• Wi-Fi and basic Foxtel
• 40-inch TV in main bedroom
• Washing machine
• Large spa bath
• Music station with Bluetooth and USB input
• DVDs, books, games and cards
• Cot and highchair
• Bedroom 1: Queen bed
• Bedroom 2: Queen bed
• Bedroom 3: 2 single beds
Highcroft Cottage is equipped with a double sofa bed please bring own linen for this bedding
• 2.6 km to Bowral town centre
• 3.2 km to Gibraltar Resort
• 3.8 km to Craigieburn Peppers Resort
• 4.6 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 2.5 km to Mittagong
• 8.7 km to Bendooley Estate
• 11.2 km to Berrima
• 16.2 km to Southern Highlands Winery
• 17.6 km to Sutton Forest
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7.
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music.
• All properties managed by us are stocked with basic supplies, please bring your own supplies for your specific requirements.
• Longer term bookings will qualify for a discount, and we will match competitor pricing where possible. Please send us a message.
• This property is pet friendly there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
• WiFi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licenced Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
“We had the most wonderful time at Highcroft. The house was cosy and beautifully decorated with a gorgeous garden full of stunning autumn leaves. We were three couples, one with a new baby and two without, so the bedroom set up with the extra sitting room was just perfect. So close to Bowral shops and wonderful outdoor eating areas in the garden. We had the most spectacular weekend”
Megan, May 2017
“Close to town and all amenities. Clean and comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay. Thank you.”
Rosanna, April 2017
“Great weekend made easy with great accommodation. Thanks.”
Alice, November 2016
"A lovely property for your highlands stay. The great house and grounds make for a terrific spot for the family."
Nicholas, March 2016
''A fantastic place to stay with incredible grounds and a homely feel inside the house.''
Clayton, October 2015
“The house is lovely and the setting was perfect.”
Gillian, September 2015