This property is proudly managed by Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays
Set on over 4,500sqm, Highcroft is a charming property that backs onto the nature trails of Mount Gibraltar and offers a peaceful retreat with a sunny northern outlook. Highcroft has recently undergone a facelift-it now has a fresher, newer feel Highcroft Cottage has everything you are seeking for a short country getaway with friends, or a longer family Southern Highlands experience.
Close to the cafes, galleries and antiques stores, Highcroft is easy to find and conveniently located high off the road from Mittagong to Bowral with distant views of rolling hills and bushland.
Local vineyards and function centres are very close by, with Corbett Gardens, the Bradman Oval and Museum, golf courses, Bong Bong Street shops and Sturt Gallery are short drives away. Highcroft sits 1.1km from Bowral town centre.
Inside, there are two living areas, three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms and culinary kitchen and laundry / mud room. The formal sitting room has stained glass windows and looks north over the rose gardens and circular driveway. It adjoins the dining room and kitchen. The rumpus area is fitted with a large modular lounge suite with views across the courtyard and greater grounds. It adjoins the master bedroom. There is a large 58” flat screen smart TV and DVD player in the rumpus room with a second TV in the main bedroom.
Guests are invited to cook up a storm in the well equipped kitchen or fire-up the gas BBQ in the courtyard using fruits, vegetables or herbs from the vast garden.
The green bedroom consists of a queen-sized four poster bed with en suite. The elegant blue bedroom consists of a queen bed with built in wardrobes, dressing table and window seat. The French styled antique twin room can accommodate 2 singles or a third couple with the beds pushed together. There is a further sofa bed double in the sitting room.
The Highcroft gardens are vast, colourful and changing with the seasons. Blossoming plums line the driveway and flower in Spring along with iris, tulips, rhododendrons, camellias, wisteria and lilies, just to name few. Herbs include kaffir lime, parsley, thyme, lavender and Italian celery. Fruit tress include oranges, lemons, apples, pears and fig trees. Children can wander through the fairy garden at the rear of the property or play hide and seek for hours on end amongst the large tress and including pines, gums and Japanese maples. There are three outdoor dining areas to choose from for alfresco eating or an afternoon aperitif
There’s a selection of DVDs, books, cards and board games if it’s a bit chilly outside or if it starts snowing. The house has central heating so is warm and comfortable in the winter months, and due to its elevation on the Gib stays cool in summer.
The house features: -
• 58-inch smart TV and DVD player in Rumpus Room
• 40-inch TV in Main Bedroom
• Washing machine
• Large spa bath
• Music station with Bluetooth and USB input
• DVDs, books, games and cards
Bedroom Configuration: -
Bedroom 1 – Queen Bed
Bedroom 2 – Queen Bed
Bedroom 3 – 2x Single Beds
Distances to: -
• 2.6 km to Bowral town centre
• 3.2 km to Gibraltar Resort
• 3.8 km to Craigieburn Peppers Resort
• 4.6 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 2.5 km to Mittagong
• 8.7 km to Bendooley Estate
• 11.2 km to Berrima
• 16.2 km to Southern Highlands Winery
• 17.6 km to Sutton Forest
Highcroft Cottage is equipped with a porta cot & double sofa bed please bring own linen for this bedding and a high chair.
Extras available for hire:
• Porta cot plus linen for $10 Max $30
• Rollaway plus linen for $40 a night Min 2 nights
• Highchair for $7 per night Max $21
Contact HRS directly to book and pay for any of the above extras.
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included
in the tariff price. BYO Beach towels.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss.
• We ARE Pet Friendly and there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets.
• If you book you will receive the directions to the property and the access details 4pm - 2 days prior to your arrival date.
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". Please make note of this in your enquiry, if applicable. A comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
• For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.