The Old Post Office is a bucolic 110 year old cottage located on the main street of the historic village of Burrawang in the beautiful Southern Highlands, close to the famous Burrawang Village Hotel, and across the road from our local gourmet cafe; The Burrawang General Store.
The historic cottage is now renovated and features wall to wall wood panelling, lime washed wooden floors with all the modern conveniences, yet retains its sense of history.
Set on a large block with wonderful views of the surrounding farmlands, the backyard provides a space for children to run around, and a great outdoor setting allows for al fresco eating in the warmer months. There is a large double outdoor daybed to laze in the sun on the rear deck of the cottage also.
The house is well heated with a wood burning fireplace, gas heaters, and reverse cycle air-conditioning, as well as oil heaters in each bedroom.
The master suite features a king size bed, and a beautiful dressing room/bathroom, including an antique bath, and period furniture. The second bedroom also contains a second king size bed. The third bedroom contains four custom built-in bunks which are perfect for kids or adults alike. There is a full second bathroom with rain shower also.
A large dining table for eight ensures there is room for all. The kitchen is well equipped with everything you need to cook with.
The laundry has washer, dryer and a third toilet.
The property features:
• Fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher
• Sitting room with slow combustion wood heater
• Dining room with views to surrounding farmland
• Outdoor entertaining deck with double daybed in sun
• Al fresco dining under the trees overlooking farmland
• Across the road from gourmet café, The Burrawang General Store
• Not far just a few steps from the Burrawang Village Hotel
• 2 bathrooms plus a third toilet in the laundry
• Air conditioning
• Individual oil heaters in bedrooms
• Bedroom 1: King bed with ensuite and bath
• Bedroom 2: King bed
• Bedroom 3: 2 sets built in single bunk beds
• 95 m to Burrawang Village Hotel
• 3 m to Burrawang General Store
• 19.1 km to Bowral town centre
• 19.2 km to Southern Highland Wines
• 21.3 km to Gibraltar Resort
• 21.8 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 22.7 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 22.5 km to Mittagong
• 24.5 km to Berrima
• 21 km to Sutton Forest
All linen quality sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7.
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music.
• All properties managed by us are stocked with basic supplies, please bring your own supplies for your specific requirements.
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message.
• This property is NOT pet friendly
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
• WiFi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable