This property is proudly managed by The Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays
Situated on 2 landscaped acres, this beautiful Richard Rowe Architect designed home will delight you with its light and space. High ceilings with high windows bring the sky right in and views from every window take you out to the garden. The house and garden blend together seamlessly.
Set at the end of a quiet country lane, Chestnut Trees is reached by a gravel driveway, lined with European chestnut trees, hydrangeas, tulips and camellias. The landscaped shade garden is punctuated with old growth trees and offers peace, tranquillity and privacy.
Just a short 400 metre stroll and you are at the popular Burrawang Pub or at the delightful General Store with delicious coffee and cakes – great for a night off cooking. There are regular country markets both bric-a-brac and produce to explore in Robertson and Moss Vale – both only a 10-minute country drive away.
If venturing further afield it is still only a short drive to the Kangaroo Valley or many of the Highland’s cool climate wineries such as Mount Ashby Estate, Southern Highlands Wines or Eling Forest Wines. Also in the area are antique shops, and the beautiful open gardens in spring. Nearby is the spectacular Illawarra Fly with magnificent views across the escarpment to the south coast.
The property features: -
• 2 large living areas.
• Airy and light lounge/dining room with 14 feet ceilings overlooks the garden and chestnut trees
• 3 bedrooms - quality linen supplied
• 3 bathrooms - quality towels provided
• State of the art gourmet kitchen
• Granite bench space and eat in breakfast bar; dual ovens, refrigerator
• Well stocked walk-in pantry.
• Internal laundry with washing machine & dryer.
• Reverse cycle air conditioning throughout.
• Espresso coffee machine
• Barbecue on patio
• Plasma TV, DVD & CD players
• Washing machine & clothes dryer
• Iron and ironing board
• Torch in every room plus one in pantry
• The property sleeps 6 adults in comfort
Bedroom Configuration: -
• 3 Bedrooms sleeping up to 6 guests
• Bedroom 1 - 1x Queen with en suite
• Bedroom 2 - 1x Twin
• Bedroom 3- 1x Twin
Bathroom Configuration: -
• 3 Bathrooms
• Shared Bathroom 1- Shower & toilet
• Shared Bathroom 2- Separate bath & shower
• En suite in main bedroom
Distances to: -
• 400m to Burrawang Pub
• 400m to Burrawang general store
• 20.1 km to Bowral town centre
• 22.4 km to Gibraltar Resort
• 22.9 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 23.8 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 23.6 km to Mittagong
• 27.6 Km to Berrima
• 20.4 km to Southern Highlands Wines
• 21.8 km to Sutton Forest
Extras available for hire:
• Porta cot plus linen for $10 Max $30
• Rollaway plus linen for $40 a night Min 2 nights
• Highchair for $7 per night Max $21
Contact HRS directly to book and pay for any of the above extras.
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff price.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please call us to discuss.
• If bringing children, this property is suitable for children over 12 years only. It is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music.
We are NOT pet friendly
• If you book you will receive the directions to the property and the access details 1 day prior to your arrival date.
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
• For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
We stayed at this gorgeous property for a girl’s weekend and loved everything about it - beautiful house in an idyllic setting, exceptionally clean and well provisioned. We could happily have not left the house all weekend but did very much enjoy the stunning local scenery, coffee and wines. We can't wait to come back.
Month of Stay: August 2016
-Wonderful long weekend
Chestnut Trees is a beautiful spacious home and garden in gorgeous Burrawang. We loved our stay, will definitely be back. The walk to town across the waterway behind the property is lovely, as is the general store .... and the coffee.
Month of Stay: April 2016
-Perfect weekend away accommodation
We stayed here for a girls Winter weekend away. The house was beautiful and well appointed. The heating was certainly needed in August and the house warmed up quickly. We were able to self-cater easily as there is everything you need in the kitchen. There were lots of notes and reminders around with tips about the house. We did manage a walk around the grounds and local area when the sun came out. The grounds are beautiful and well-maintained. Ros, the property manager is very pleasant to deal with. Overall a luxurious option for a stay in Burrawang. I would happily recommend Chestnut Trees to family and friends.
Month of Stay: August 2014
We had such a lovely stay at Chestnut Trees An easy stroll to the nearby pub, and what a house Huge living room with an impressive backdrop of a view with floor to ceiling windows. Lovely sheets and towels to use - felt very luxury. Wished we could have stayed longer.
Month of Stay: August 2014
-A total highland experience
From the time we drove down the flower lined driveway to the moment we looked the door it was a total indulgent experience The fittings, the furniture , the linen and the extra touches extruded thought, luxury and care. Thank you for ensuring that our every wish and need was met
Month of Stay: April 2014