This stunning Highland home uses a combination of stone, glass and wood with beautiful interior styling to create one of the most ambient environments in which to relax and enjoy each other’s company. Your comfort and pleasure is assured with oversized entertaining room, 3 slow combustion wood heaters plus r/c air conditioning, an amazing master suite, decks, rural views, glorious garden and swimming pool.
The Highland House is located only a short distance from the Colo Vale freeway exit and just 10 minutes into Mittagong and 15 to Bowral. It is quick and easy to get to but enter the driveway and your cares will seem a million miles away from anything See below for quick and easy distances to major venues.
The stunning oversized open plan living area with gorgeous polished floorboards has enough space for all to come together whilst at the same time provides intimate nooks for dining, relaxing around the wood fire, or a round of mah-jong at the card table. The chefs in the kitchen can also share in the action.
The kitchen is well equipped with coffee machine, butler’s pantry, double dish drawer, all manner of appliances and herbs and spices and a 5-burner gas stove top with chef’s oven. The bathrooms are equally luxurious with heated towel rails and polished river pebbles on the shower floors that provide an instant grounding massage. Relax after a long day in the corner spa bath in the main bathroom.
The master bedroom is the suite of all suites with comfortable king bed plus large single day bed overlooking the garden, a lovely sitting area around a slow combustion woodheater, luxurious en suite and dressing room and ceiling to floor windows looking over the deck and water feature out to the seasonal garden. Bedroom 5 also doubles as a media room with slow combustion woodheater, lounge suites and a large flatscreen tv.
The garden is nothing short of glorious. There are various “rooms” created with hedging, arbours, and various plantings of lemons, limes, apples, pears, grapes, roses and beautiful seasonal blossoms. Be sure to walk around to the front of the house and look back at the stunning stone wall and glass feature windows. There are beautiful nooks in which to sit and read, enjoy shade in summer and warm sunlight in cooler months. There is an undercover bbq area and also a fully fenced swimming pool – perfect for summer entertainment. Outside the garden enclosure is a paddock with dam and some very curious and hungry vegetarian geese – be sure to send the scraps their way
For more pictures of this stunning property please look out for us on Instagram.
The property features:
• Well curated and beautifully styled with a unique interior decoration
• Fully equipped kitchen with full butler’s panty
• Nespresso coffee machine, sandwich toaster
• Double dishwasher drawers and 5 burner gas stove top
• 3 slow combustion wood heaters
• Reverse cycle air conditioning
• Large flat screen TV, DVD, and ipod dock
• Corner spa bath in main bathroom and heated towel rails in both bathrooms
• Fully equipped laundry and mud room with washer, dryer and overflow drinks fridge
• Fully fenced swimming pool
• Beautiful garden nooks with sculptures and open water features
• Fenced house paddock with dam and geese
Bedroom configuration sleeps 16:
• Master – king plus single day bed, fireplace and en suite sleeps 3
• Bedroom 2 – 2 x queen beds sleeps 4
• Bedroom 3 – 2 x queen beds sleeps 4
• Bedroom 4 – Tribunk Sleeps 3, 2 below and 1 above
• Bedroom 5/media room – King bed plus sofas, tv, slow combustion fireplace sleeps 2
• 1.2km Colo Vale Convenience Store
• 10km to Mittagong Town Centre
• 15km to Bowral Town Centre
• 16km to Gibraltar Hotel
• 17km to Centennial Vineyards
• 21km to Bendooley Estate
• 28km to Berrima Village
• 104km to Sydney CBD
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder and we have a 24/7 after hours service for any issues experienced during your stay
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
• Last minute and long term bookings, out of peak season may qualify for a discount - please send email to enquire
• This property is NOT pet friendly
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
• WiFi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable
“The property was better than the photos. It was a pleasure staying here for the 2 nights. We wish it could have been longer.”
David, September 2017
“Everything was great Such a lovely house and it’s so open Very clean too.”
David, September 2017
“Great spot for a quiet mid-winter weekend get away with friends.”
Dan, July 2017
“Our group had a lovely stay Plenty of space, nice kitchen and lovely bedrooms.”
Petra, July 2017
“What a lovely home to stay in with our families. We had a wonderful time in your most beautiful and comfortable home. Thank you.”
Craig, July 2017
“Place was beautiful and definitely what we were looking for on our long weekend getaway Great for a stay in activity filled weekend, but also close to some great wineries if you wanted to get out and do some wine tasting. Thank you so much for the wonderful weekend away We had such a lovely time.”
Nicole, June 2017