Poppy Cottage is just a couple of doors away from the delightful Exeter General Store. Enter this gorgeous weatherboard to find your typical period features such as attractive polished floorboards and pressed metal ceilings. There are 3 bedrooms at the front of the house sleeping 6 guests on 2 queen beds and two king singles in a twin room. The style is eclectic and cosy with an interesting mix of artwork, furniture and decoration. The formal sitting room has a cosy gas log Rinnai fireplace and a double sofa bed for that extra person.
Step from the living room past the renovated bathroom with magnificent freestanding bath on Travatine floors with marble vanity into a new stylish open plan kitchen dining living area overlooking the garden. The kitchen has marble benchtops, Nespresso coffee machine, all mod cons and lots of windows and light. There is a large dining table overlooking the garden and the choice of dining in or outside with the pergola and open fireplace providing a great outdoor setting. The fireplace is a real feature in winter and there are beautiful shady trees in a long deep garden to enjoy in summer.
This is an ideal location to stay at for visiting local wineries, Brigadoon is Bundanoon, Highlands Fling, attending weddings at Montrose Berry Farm, Southern Highlands Winery, Eling Forest, and all the Highlands have to offer including the Glow Worm Glen, Solar Springs, Morton National Park. We are across the road from Exeter Antiques, and Gallery Ecosse, a contemporary art gallery situated in The Halcyon Cottage, circa 1869.
The property features:
• 3 Bedrooms with 1 queen bed, 1 double bed and 2 king single beds
• Modern renovated bathroom with separate toilet
• Cosy sitting room with Rinnai gas log fire
• Large kitchen dining living room with modern kitchen
• TV, stereo, dishwasher, microwave and coffee machine
• Outdoor entertaining area with open fireplace, pergola, bbq
• Hop, skip and a jump to the coffee shop!
• 20km to Bowral town centre
Bedroom 1 - 1x Queen bed
Bedroom 2 - 1x Double bed
Bedroom 3 - 2x King Singles
• 20 km to Bowral town centre
• 6.5 km to Bundanoon
• 22.6 km to Gibraltar Resort
• 23.2 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 24 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 25 km to Mittagong
• 21.1 km to Bendooley Estate
• 18.1 km to Berrima
• 9.2 km to Southern Highlands Winery
• 6.4 km to Sutton Forest
We can also provide the following on request:-
• Rollaway and linen ($80/person/weekend)
• Porta cot and linen ($15/weekend)
• High chair ($15/weekend)
Subject to availability – Request at time of booking.
"Thank you do much for a beautiful stay... We loved every minute! Thanks for the 'warming red'."
Anon, June 2016
"Beautiful, excellent property."
Fiona, June 2016
"Poppy Cottage is an outstanding holiday cottage. Well located, quiet and perfectly equipped. A comfortable home away from home."
Geoffrey, May 2016
"Lovely property, interior well done, very homely with all creature comforts. location within village superb with great proximity to corner store and southern highlands. thoroughly recommend poppy cottage as an excellent escape from Sydney to explore the southern highlands. we will stay again."
Graeme, April 2016
"10 out of 10 all round. A real home away from home with a sprinkling of luxury on top. Thanks for helping us to have a great break."
David, April 2016
"Poppy Cottage is welcoming, unique and all comforts are carefully considered. I loved my stay and would definitely return. You are gorgeous 'Poppy'!! Poppy Cottage is purely HEAVEN!"
Anna, March 2016
Holiday Rental Specialists Booking Information
We take pride in the cleanliness and presentation of all the holiday properties managed by Holiday Rental Specialists - Highlands Holidays. All are well stocked, you will find the following:
Linen: linen and towels are included
Kitchen: cleaning spray, tea towels, detergent and dishcloths
Pantry: we operate a revolving pantry, you will find oil, salt, pepper, tea, coffee and sugar. Please feel free to leave sealed, non-perishable items for the next guests
Bathroom: soap, tissues and toilet paper
• We ARE Pet Friendly and there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
***For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.***