Poppy Cottage is just a couple of doors away from the delightful Exeter general store. Enter this gorgeous weatherboard to find your typical period features such as attractive polished floorboards and pressed metal ceilings. There are 3 bedrooms at the front of the house sleeping 6 guests on 2 queen beds and two king singles in a twin room. The style is eclectic and cosy with an interesting mix of artwork, furniture, and decoration. The formal sitting room has a cosy gas log Rinnai fireplace and a double sofa bed for that extra person.
Step from the living room past the renovated bathroom with a magnificent freestanding bath on Travertine floors with marble vanity into a new stylish open plan kitchen dining living area overlooking the garden. The kitchen has marble benchtops, Nespresso coffee machine, all mod cons and lots of windows and light. There is a large dining table overlooking the garden and the choice of dining in or outside with the pergola and open fireplace providing a great outdoor setting. The fireplace is a real feature in winter and there are beautiful shady trees in a long deep garden to enjoy in summer.
This is an ideal location to stay at for visiting local wineries, Brigadoon is Bundanoon, Highlands Fling, attending weddings at Montrose Berry Farm, Southern Highlands Winery, Eling Forest, and all the Highlands have to offer including the Glow Worm Glen, Solar Springs, Morton National Park. We are across the road from Exeter Antiques, and Gallery Ecosse, a contemporary art gallery situated in The Halcyon Cottage, circa 1869.
The property features:
• Modern renovated bathroom with separate toilet
• Cosy sitting room with Rinnai gas log fire
• Large kitchen dining living room with modern kitchen
• TV, stereo, dishwasher, microwave and coffee machine
• Outdoor entertaining area with open fireplace, pergola, BBQ
• Close to coffee shop
• 20km to Bowral town centre
Bedroom Configuration: -
• Bedroom 1: Queen bed
• Bedroom 2: Double bed
• Bedroom 3: 2 king single beds
Distances to: -
• 20 km to Bowral town centre
• 6.5 km to Bundanoon
• 22.6 km to Gibraltar Resort
• 23.2 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 24 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 25 km to Mittagong
• 21.1 km to Bendooley Estate
• 18.1 km to Berrima
• 9.2 km to Southern Highlands Winery
• 6.4 km to Sutton Forest
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7.
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music.
• All properties managed by us are stocked with basic supplies, please bring your own supplies for your specific requirements.
• Longer term bookings will qualify for a discount, and we will match competitor pricing where possible. Please send us a message.
• This property is pet friendly there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licenced Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
• Wi-Fi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable.
“This is a beautiful house. Perfect for our family weekend away. We loved the attention to detail in the house design and garden.”
Louise, April 2017
"Poppy Cottage is wonderful and we appreciate the amenities provided by the owner. It is a great home away from home and the stay was amazing"
Darin, December 2016
"Thank you for a wonderful holiday. Poppy Cottage was the perfect place to catch up with family, relax and enjoy the Southern Highlands. We'll be back"
Martin, October 2016
"Poppy Cottage will exceed all your expectations. Photographs are unable to do justice to this property. You'll leave wanting to plan your next trip back A.S.A.P. The whole experience from the helpful and friendly booking staff at Holiday Rental Specialists to final check out make for the best worry-free holiday you want."
Catherine, November 2016
"Across the board it was an awesome place to stay Thank you for such a beautiful house for our family holiday It was luxurious, decked out with everything you could need and a super relaxing and comfortable place to stay. The team at Highland Holiday Rental Specialists have been great and a pleasure to deal with"
Aaron, September 2016
"A fantastic property that had beautiful personal touches throughout. We felt right at home and would happily recommend and return in the future."
Riahn, September 2016