"Welcome to this Happy Place"
"Cooinda" is Aboriginal for "Happy Place"
"Kia-Ora" Lane, where it is located, is Maori for "Welcome"
It is indeed a beautiful, relaxing, happy place where we welcome families or groups wanting to escape the pace of the city.
The house is perfectly positioned atop a knoll with panoramic views of gently undulating countryside. It enjoys a northerly aspect basking in sunlight and views from all the living areas. The house itself is fully fenced with a flat grassy area for children to play, including cubby house and play frame.
There are 4 resident curious alpacas that look forward to greeting you and there are cattle in some of the outer paddocks. Please understand that this is a working farm and for safety reasons, you cannot access the surrounding paddocks.
However, you can see the livestock from the comfort of the well-maintained gardens and grassed area on which the house is located.
The accommodation has been set up with larger groups and your comfort in mind. The kitchen is newly renovated and fully equipped including dishwasher. There is an outdoor gas BBQ located on the back porch. There are four living areas in all - formal and casual living and dining areas. There is a huge open fireplace at one end of the house and a large wood heater at the other - all firewood supplied - bring the marshmallows
The bathrooms are both newly renovated and the bedrooms all have separate heaters so come to the country for that fresh crisp air, knowing you have a cosy base from which to explore the Southern Highlands.
The property features:
• Newly renovated kitchen
• Gas BBQ
• Open fireplace
• Panoramic country views
• Bedroom 1: Queen with en suite
• Bedroom 2: Queen
• Bedroom 3: Queen
• Bedroom 4: Tri bunk and single
• Bedroom 5: 2 singles
There are also 2 double sofa beds in 2 separate sitting rooms BYO linen for these
• 14.6 km to Bowral town centre
• 19 km to Gibraltar Hotel
• 17.2 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 18.1 km to centennial vineyards
• 18.2 km to Mittagong
• 21.3 km to Berrima
• 23.6 km to Southern Highlands Wines
• 26.3 km to Sutton Forest
• 12.3 km to Robertson
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message
• This property is pet friendly there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
• This property will consider bookings for "Schoolies". However, we require a comprehensive guest registration form to be completed prior to confirmation and a cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
“We booked through Holiday Rental Specialists in June for a weekend away with friends and family. The team was lovely, responsive, helpful and professional. The quality of the places they advertise are great, and also, when we experienced some minor issues with the accommodation, the team were understanding and responsive – and ultimately, went above and beyond to ensure the issues were addressed promptly and comprehensively. We left the property with great memories of the weekend, and would definitely recommend Holiday Rental Specialists.”
Galia, June 2017
“Beautiful scenery, super quiet and relaxing place. We made life lasting memories here. The location is secluded but that is what we wanted and more importantly it’s pretty close to Sydney.”
Yousef, July 2017
“This is an ideal place to get away from the city’s chaos and catch up with some friends. The house is fantastic It pretty much has everything we need and it’s very clean. It definitely exceeds my expectations and we all have decided to come back again. The view is nice, and not far from Mittagong or the look out. We had a great time here Thank you so much for such great accommodation”
Liz, July 2017
“Clean, comfortable and pretty. Staying in this house was the breathe of fresh air we were seeking for a much needed break. The views from the lounge area are spectacular and receiving visits from the cows and dogs make it feel like you’re really in the country.”
Karen, June 2017
“It has been a wonderful weekend staying here with family.”
Alison, December 2016
“Everything in very good order – We had an excellent holiday and look forward to our future stays with you.”
Beverley, October 2016