Headwater, The Retreat…… is just that A classy and comfortable private country homestead where you can retreat from the city with family and friends to enjoy fresh country air, space, open fires, tranquillity and beautiful rural vistas.
Enter the commanding gates into gardens that look different with the passing of each season – colourful camellias in winter, sweet scented blossom trees in spring, supremely lush greenery in the summer months and glorious tones of red and orange in autumn – and immediately feel your stresses melt away. The classic 4-bedroom house with cathedral sunroom and adjacent studio is set in 5 acres of established gardens on 95 acres of paddocks that cattle and goats call home. There are orchards, a vineyard and a magnificent seasonal kitchen herb and vegetable garden to help yourself to and get a small taste of the rustic “paddock to plate” concept that the owners intend to develop in time.
The house itself is beautifully renovated and furnished, in excellent condition and has a luxurious and practical design that allows plenty of space for personal time and also room for that joyful get-together around the grand open fireplace to catch up, have a laugh and share a good bottle of red The kitchen is well equipped and is the heart of the home with a large Falcon oven and beautiful views to the garden. There are 4 bathrooms 3 in the house and 1 in the studio, two of which include claw foot baths to luxuriate in.
Every window of the house, along with the wrap-around verandahs enjoys a view of the gardens and/or the large house dam unfenced where you will also find a jetty and the opportunity to catch yabbies or perch. There are lovely sunny and shady nooks for that tranquil morning coffee or alfresco dining experience.
Kangaloon is a wonderfully central village just 5 minutes from Robertson with is numerous dining options, 10 minutes from historical Burrawang with its famous pub, general store and butcher and only 15 minutes to Bowral and its attractions. It is also superbly situated for those that would like to explore a little further afield – Kangaroo Valley, Exeter, Bundanoon, Jamberoo and Kiama are all less than an hours’ drive from the property.
The property features:
• 5 acres beautiful gardens and a magnificent unfenced dam
• 95 acres paddocks
• Vineyard, orchard, seasonal vegetable garden
• Large open plan kitchen living dining area with open fireplace
• Media room with open fireplace
• 2 flat screen tvs, stereo, dvd, wifi, Foxtel, Telstra TV
• Reverse cycle ducted heating/cooling, two open fireplaces, underfloor heating in two bathrooms, freestanding heaters in bedrooms
• 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms including two claw foot baths in the house
• Additional studio with kitchenette and ensuite
• Wrap around verandahs, outdoor dining and bbq
• Master: king with ensuite
• Bed 2: queen
• Bed 3: tribunk double under, single on top plus a single
• Bed 4: queen
• Studio: king plus single with ensuite
• 2.8km Kangaloon village
• 6.3km Robertson
• 14km Burrawang
• 18km Bowral
• 38km Kangaroo valley
• 44km Kiama
• 135km Sydney
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• There is an unfenced dam at the property and swimming and fishing is strictly prohibited. There are cows and goats on the property and hence hunting is also strictly prohibited. To keep the animals in their designated paddocks, please ensure gates are closed.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
• All properties managed by us are stocked with basic supplies, please bring your own supplies for your specific requirements
• This property is NOT pet friendly
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
• WiFi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix any issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable.
• This property is proudly managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent - please send a message if you’d like to know more about the packages we offer for bookings and property management