Be captured by the charm, elegance and romance of this property, evocative of the Great Gatsby era. Nestled under Mount Alexandra with views to Mt Gibraltar, on a private one acre block of manicured lawns, Nattai Lodge is wrapped by an age-old garden with wonderful trees and plantings.
Historic Nattai Lodge was built in the 1890’s and despite being stylishly and completely updated, still retains its character and charm. Natural beauty combines with modern functionality to provide a total experience rather than just somewhere to stay.
The estate consists of the traditional main residence 4 bedrooms sleeping 10 with 3 bathrooms plus guesthouse with loft-style bedroom and en suite sleeping a further 2.
Please understand that if you wish to book the guesthouse, this is at an additional cost. Please message us to receive an accurate quote.
The house is beautiful for entertaining. It has lovely light filled spaces, fireplaces, heated concrete flooring and French doors opening to the garden. It is flawlessly presented to ensure a timeless quality and provides a quiet sanctuary in a very tranquil location that is still close to all the Highlands have to offer.
In the immediate vicinity are fantastic bush walking trails including views all the way to Katoomba from the top of Mount Alexandra, Lake Alexandra and its park and picnic facilities, the public swimming pool, local bush watering holes suitable for swimming and the 18 hole championship golf course in Mittagong. A little further afield are cafes, restaurants, wedding venues, antique barns and wineries. The biggest decision will be whether to stay in and enjoy Nattai Lodge or go out exploring the Highlands.
The property features:-
• Remarkable open plan kitchen with 900mm stainless steel range, wall oven and microwave and butler’s sink
• Gorgeous breakfast area opening out through French doors to an attractive entertaining courtyard
• Luxurious bathrooms including a freestanding tub, frameless shower, heated towel rails and underfloor heating.
• Stunning Victorian fireplace, Jetmaster fireplace plus a slow combustion wood heater and central heating
• Limed Kauri timber floors and heated polished concrete floors
• Glorious gardens with sunny sweeping grass lawns and beautiful and inviting nooks, terraces and patios.
• 4 bedrooms in the main house. Additional loft bedroom in separate cottage.
• Sonos bluetooth speaker - the mini home speaker with mighty sound
• Master – queen with en suite
• Bedroom 2 – Queen
• Bedroom 3 – Queen
• Bedroom 4 – 4 x singles can be converted to 2 king beds
• 2 shared bathrooms and 1 en suite in the main house
• Loft – king with en suite
• Additional powder room downstairs
• Additional living, dining and kitchen
• 850m to Lake Alexandra
• 950m to Mittagong swimming pool and Golf club
• 1.7km to Freeway
• 2.1km to Mittagong shops
• 3.6km to Mittagong Marketplace
• 5.8km to closest winery Artemis wines
• 6.1km to Bowral/ Bradman Oval
• 8.6km to Centennial Vineyards
• 11.7km to Bendooley Estate
• 13.9km to Berrima
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
• Longer term bookings will qualify for a discount, and we will match competitor pricing where possible. Please send us a message
• This property is NOT pet friendly
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
• Wi-Fi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable
“Three families had a wonderful stay at Nattai Lodge. There was plenty of room for everyone. The décor and style was gorgeous and the garden was divine”
Helen, October 2017
“I would just like to pass on my thanks for such a wonderful stay at Nattai Lodge over the weekend. The house and surrounding grounds are absolutely beautiful. The owners obviously take great pride in it, and the little gift hamper of bath salts and creams was a lovely touch. The cleanliness of the house and the quality of the home wares was outstanding. The house and the little cottage was perfect for our group of 11 and it’s nice to have an option of a place to stay that is comfortable and suitable for a group of adults rather than other options I looked into that had bunk beds in most of the rooms. The check in and check out process was well described and very practical. Thank you so much.”
Roxanne, July 2017
“A stylish, comfortable and welcoming home. We loved our time at Nattai Lodge”
Paula, July 2017
"We absolutely LOVED our stay. The property is something out of a magazine. Attention to detail was impressive and the house was immaculate. It was a privilege to stay in this gorgeous home. Thank you for a wonderful weekend We could not have faulted the service or the property. We loved the house and every little detail in it. We wish we didn't have to leave. Thanks."
Christina, June 2017
“Thank you. We had the most beautiful weekend at Nattai Lodge. Everything about our stay there was perfect. We will be back.”
Nicola, May 2017