Set on 1.5 acres, Range Haven is the perfect escape for large families and groups visiting the Highlands. Numerous large and comfortable entertaining and living areas, open fireplace, slow combustion wood heater, r/c air conditioning, media room, rambling established garden and tennis court - the list goes on.
With 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 4 living areas, this is a great base for a larger group to call home. There is a large open plan kitchen, dining, living area with slow combustion wood heater, and reverse cycle air conditioning throughout the entire house. The large sunroom has ceiling to floor glass bringing the garden in and it flows out to a large entertaining deck overlooking the Crab Apple grotto. In addition, there is a formal dining room and a second intimate sitting room with open fireplace. Lots of comfortable couches and arm chairs. The large media room provides internet tv, stereo, sound, wii, x-box, numerous board games, books and things to do.
There are various decks, verandahs and balconies taking advantage of both sun and shade at different times of the day - ideal for a quiet morning coffee or a long afternoon with a book.
The lovely garden nooks include a ‘crazy hedge’, grotto, bank of stunning Crab Apples, a Wisteria pergola, a fully fenced dam with ducks and ducklings living on an island in season. There is a seasonal herb garden, lemon tree, gazebo near the tennis court, water fountains and features, a netted orchard with plums, pears, apricots, nectarines, cherries, mulberries and cider apples - help yourselves.
Located just off Range Road and very close to Sturt Craft Centre & Café and Frensham with all their amenities, the back of the property overlooks the serene Frensham paddocks behind their games fields. It is just a short drive to the many Wedding and Event venues of the Highlands.
Range Haven is your large, conveniently located, comfortably furnished and tastefully decorated home ….. with something for everyone.
The property features:
• Fully equipped kitchen with Euro appliances gas stove; electric oven including dishwasher and Italian espresso coffee machine
• Open plan dining area with slow combustion wood heater
• Large sunroom equipped with stereo with ceiling to floor glass overlooking the garden and opening to the entertaining deck with speakers linked to the stereo
• Formal dining room with local art
• Intimate 2nd sitting room with open fireplace, internet tv with 5.1 surround sound
• Large media / games room opening to garden with wii, x-box, internet tv, stereo and 5.1 surround sound
• Various entertaining decks, verandahs and balconies
• Weber Q bbq connected to town gas
• Washing machine and clothes dryer
• Town gas hot water system
• Tennis court with basketball ring and backboard at one end including viewing gazebo
• Large established garden with orchard
• Fenced dam with ducks and birdlife seasonal
• Large double-hung wooden windows, and some lead-light, throughout
• Carriage-turn circular driveway with off-street parking for 4 to 5 vehicles
• Plenty of wardrobe and hanging space
• Wi-Fi NBN Broadband
• The house is wheelchair friendly with a three access ramps, flat front door entry and one bathroom /shower accessible please check in advance to ensure suitability
• Master Bedroom - queen bed, private verandah overlooking garden, additional isolated r/c a/c, and heated en suite including corner spa bath
• Bedroom 2 - 4 singles
• Bedroom 3 - 2 king singles
• Bedroom 4 - queen bed with heated en suite with make-up lights
• Bedroom 5 - queen bed with heated en suite with make-up lights
• 750 metres to the Frensham’s Aquabliss swimming pool
• 1km to the Sturt Craft Centre and Café
• 1.4km to Frensham’s Auditorium and Games fields
• 2.1km to Mittagong Train Station
• 2.6km to Highlands Golf Club
• 2.9kmto Lake Alexandra
• 3km to Mittagong Village Shops Highlands Fresh, Butcher, Coffee Shops, Antique Stores, Restaurants, Pubs, Highlands Playhouse
• 4km to Mittagong Highlands Mall shops
• 6.4km to Bradman Oval
• 6.6km to Bowral shops
• 6.8km to closest winery Artemis wines
• 9km to Centennial Vineyards
• 12.6km to Bendooley Estate
• 16km to Berrima
• Easy, direct access, via Range Road, to the stunning Tourist Drive to Kangaroo Valley and the Coast
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
• Note there is a fenced dam and numerous water features on this property
• The tennis court is provided without warranty and guests must bring their own balls and raquets
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
• Longer term bookings will qualify for a discount, and we will match competitor pricing where possible. Please send us a message
• This property is NOT pet friendly
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
• WiFi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
“Two grandparents, two parents and children all loved their stay and the children loved the games room. We would definitely stay again.”
Robin, August 2017
“Great wheelchair access. Generally everything was great and we had a great stay.”
Clare, April 2017
“We were a group of 11 escaping from the city and this property was just perfect for catching up and having some down time. Our access to the property was seamless and the property was clean and well maintained on arrival. There was plenty of parking for all guests 7 cars between 11 as arriving from across Sydney and Canberra right outside the front door for easy packing and unpacking of cars. The 3 separate living areas were a great bonus with the games room being perfect for family game time or to leave the big kids entertained watching sport/playing Wii and Xbox. Plenty of comfortable sofas, 2 dining tables, open fire place, another wood fire and ducted heating meant the house was very toasty for a winter stay. The kitchen was well stocked with plenty of crockery, cutlery, and glassware. The bonus was the weber Q BBQ to roast some meats. There was a large fridge/freezer in the kitchen with a bar fridge tucked away in the massive laundry. The property had quality mattresses, bed linen, pillows and Sheridan towels. Bathrooms were all very clean and functional. We also made use of the tennis court and gazebo and wandered the garden and found a lovely big lemon tree. Unfortunately, we were out of season for the rest of the orchard. Location was great as only a short drive to the Mittagong shops for supplies and easy drive to the surrounding towns of Bowral, Berrima etc. I would highly recommend this property for families and friends wanting to spend some quality time together. By the end of the weekend we wished we were able to stay longer than 2 nights to really enjoy everything the property has to offer. We would love to return and will definitely book again with Holiday Rental Specialists.”
Kelly, July 2017