Not far off the main road, down a little country lane, you will arrive at Robertson Roundhouse – a romantic, hand-built, wooden cottage nestled in private gardens in the heart of the Southern Highlands and under two hours drive from Sydney.
The unique home sleeps up to four guests, and its design is based on a traditional Mongolian yurt. Robertson Roundhouse features:
• a central living room with dining table, couches and beautiful combustion fire fire-wood provided
• entertainment facilities including flat-screen TV, DVD player and sound system
• board-games and plenty of books
• well-equipped kitchen including bread maker, and BBQ on deck
• bathroom with shower and plenty of hot water
The queen-sized bed is open plan in main area. A double mattress is located upstairs in the loft, accessed by a ladder.
When nestled by the fire inside, make sure to look up to the beautiful timber ceiling and watch as day turns into night through the many glass windows in this treasured home.
Autumn and Winter provide many beautiful clear days and cool nights. The house is perfectly heated by a slow combustion fire. Electric blankets, blankets and doonas are provided on all beds. Throws are provided in the lounge/sunroom areas for curling up on the sofa.
The expansive verandah makes for a beautiful place to read the papers in the morning, soak up the sun, enjoy a gin and tonic or a cuppa, listen out for the sounds of nature and enjoy a visit from the local King Parrots, Rosellas and Bower Birds that call the gardens home. Robertson Roundhouse is also surrounded by local farms so don’t be surprised to see sheep dotted in paddocks, or hear the occasional moo from nearby cows.
To ensure that the wildlife continue to visit Robertson Roundhouse we have not set it up to be pet friendly and once you have stayed you will understand.
While we do welcome families, Robertson Roundhouse has primarily been set up for couples and singles looking for a quiet getaway in a mystical environment. The home is strictly non-smoking.
NOTE: Also available on the property is the rustic Studio – a special two-level studio full of natural light and surrounded by native wildlife in the midst of nature. Bring along your easel and paints, or sewing machine and let the ambiance and heat from the studio’s combustion stove fuel your creative juices.
The historic town of Robertson is known as the “green heart of the Highlands” and is famous for being the setting for the film 'Babe'. It’s also known for its local pie shop, cheese factory and the “Big Potato” in the middle of town a tribute to the town’s agricultural history. Situated at the top of Macquarie Pass amid rolling green hills, Robertson is 128 km south of Sydney and a very short drive to Bowral, Mittagong, Berrima and all the other beautiful NSW Southern Highland villages. For details on what’s on in town, including the monthly market and the “crop-swap” that takes place each Saturday, visit www.robertson.nsw.au/whats-on.html
• Robertson’s famous Pie Shop – 1 minute
• Cheese Factory – 2 minutes
• Belmore Falls – 8 minutes
• Fitzroy Falls – 8 minutes
• Carrington Falls – 8 minutes
• Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk – 11 minutes
• Bradman International Cricket Hall of Fame – 20 minutes
• Bowral Boutique shopping, restaurants and cafes – 20 minutes
• Kiama Blow Hole – 25 minutes
• Berrima Village and Gaol – 30 minutes
• Jamberoo Action Park – 30 minutes
• Numerous local cool climate wineries within 40 minute drive
We take pride in the cleanliness and presentation of Robertson Roundhouse. It is well stocked and you will find the following:
• Linen – linen and towels are included.
• Kitchen – cleaning spray, tea towels, detergent and dishcloths.
• Pantry – we operate a revolving pantry, you will find oil, salt, pepper, tea, coffee and sugar. Please feel free to leave sealed, non-perishable items for the next guests.
• Bathroom – soap, tissues and toilet paper.
• Fireplace – stocked with plenty of firewood and as a treat a bag of marshmallows for toasting.