Sutton Downs is a luxurious country house set perfectly on 100 acres amongst a cattle farm within a large park-like garden. It offers tranquil privacy and space in which to wander through the small orchard of fruit tress apples, pears, nectarine, cherry and plums, spend time in the rose garden or select herbs and produce in season from the vegetable garden. You may even see a horse or two in the front paddock to say hello to.
It is beautifully renovated and stylishly decorated, newly painted and carpeted throughout and enjoying the charm of polished timber floors, open fireplace, front & back verandahs, large picture windows and French doors opening to a glorious courtyard and garden nooks with rural vistas beyond.
With 6 spacious bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, it is the ideal accommodation for your group or family gathering. The superb new Caesar Stone kitchen offers quality Miele and Bosh appliances, is fully equipped and has a gorgeous sitting nook and a grand dining area with views to the garden.
The inviting lounge area offers a large open fireplace, well stocked bookshelves and board games to keep you entertained. There is also a second living area in the separate studio which is perfect for children.
Ideally located just 2.5kms off the Hume Highway and only a 5 minute drive to the Exeter General Store and Cafe, and 3 minutes to the Sutton Forest Inn. Sutton Downs is in the heart of the Southern Highlands and most of the major attractions are within an 18 km radius or around an 18 minute drive. Restaurants, cafes, wineries, a local pub meal, concert venues, antique barns, wedding venues, farmers markets and golf courses are all within easy reach and the South Coast beaches are approximately a 50 minute drive. Sutton Downs is an easy 90 minute drive from Sydney.
The property features:
• Fully equipped new Caesar stone kitchen including dishwasher and microwave
• Large dining area
• Lounge room including TV/DVD & Foxtel
• A selection of books, DVD's & board games to enjoy during your stay
• Bluetooth Ipod dock
• 6 spacious bedrooms all with comfortable new beds with quality linen and 4 bathrooms, one including a bath
• Slow combustion woodheater, panel heaters plus a r/c air conditioning unit
• Sunny courtyard and outdoor entertaining area with bbq and large dining table
• Queen sofa bed in a second sitting room off the studio to accommodate 14 guests – please book and pay for this if required
• Fully equipped laundry with new washing machine and dryer
• Picturesque park like grounds - help yourself to fruit and veggies around the garden
• Beautiful stylish furniture
• Polished timber floors and new carpet throughout
• Master bedroom - Queen with ensuite and walk-in robe
• Bedroom 2 - Twin 2 singles with built-in robe
• Bedroom 3 - Queen
• Bedroom 4 - Queen with built-in robe
• Bedroom 5 - Queen with bathroom next door and built-in robe
• Bedroom 6 - Separate studio - Queen with ensuite and built-in robe
• Second sitting room separate studio - Queen sofa bed
Bedrooms 2 & 3 share a bathroom
• 2.5km to the Freeway
• 1.5 km to Sutton Forest Inn
• 5 km to Peppers Manor House
• 4.8 km to Southern Highland Wines
• 8.4 km to Exeter General Store
• 9.0 km to Berrima
• 12 km to Bendooley Estate
• 15.2 km to Bundanoon
• 16 km to Centennial Vineyards
• 16.9 km to Peppers Craigieburn
• 17.6 km to Bowral town centre
• 18.4 km to Gibraltar Resort
• 35 mins to Kangaroo Valley
• 50 mins to the coast Kiama
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message
• This property is NOT pet friendly
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
“We were all very impressed with the house. Everyone had a great time.”
Kate, May 2017