Elouera Farm is an outstanding contemporary Frank Lloyd Wright inspired barn style building consisting of a colorbond clad pavilion with passive solar design features and banks of windows encapsulating magnificent bush views across Morton National Park.
Comfort glass windows, double insulated walls and ceilings, cross flow ventilation and effective thermal mass provided by polished concrete floors help provide an even temperature all year around. Bedrooms are carpeted for comfort. The slow combustion wood heater provides a cosy ambiance and ample warmth in winter. You can cook up a storm in the kitchen that has all the mod-cons
The cosy open plan living and dining area provides a central place to come together to enjoy the stunning views to bushland and gorges beyond.
The garden is fully enclosed with dog-safe fencing providing a safe environment for children and pets alike. The garden boasts a huge natural stone paved entertaining area with outdoor picnic table, bar table with stools, BBQ and stone fire pit which makes the most of the magnificent views over the valley. There is a shade sail to provide shade for this area during the warmer months. Picture yourself with a glass of wine roasting mashmallows around the outdoor fire pit - this is the essence of Elouera.
There is a second pavilion on site which is occasionally occupied by the owners although it is not their permanent place of residence. Your pavilion is fully screened with separate parking, entrance, private outdoor entertaining area and has the best views on the property
Guests are free to wander the property which offers around 100 cleared acres of fully fenced cattle paddocks with various unfenced dams. The remaining 420 acres is pristine bush with a running creek through the valley. There are historic riding trails throughout the bush and untouched lagoons which can be discovered by the keen bushwalker. Wildlife includes wombats, kangaroos, deer, echidnas, rabbits, foxes and numerous bird species including eagles and falcons, all of which can be regularly spotted from the house The property is sometimes also used by cattle for grazing and there are two boer goats in the top paddocks, Angel the fat one and Topaz. Enjoy walks to caves and picnic areas, glorious sunsets and a brilliant night sky for stargazers.
With books, board games, DVDs, and Wifi available there is always something for everyone at this property. Unfortunately Wifi cannot be guaranteed due to the location but is usually available.
If you'd like to see more pictures of the property and read some more reviews from our guest book check out @eloueratallong on Instagram.
The property features:
- Fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher
- Slow combustion woodheater in open plan kitchen/living/dining room
- Polished concrete floors providing constant temperature, carpets in bedrooms
- Views from almost every room to bushland and gorges beyond
- Dog-safe fencing around garden and up to 4 dogs are welcome at any one time $100 surcharge applies
- Large private outdoor entertaining area that makes the most of the spectacular views including outdoor picnic table, bar table with stools, outdoor fire pit and extra seating area
- Books, board games, DVDs, Wifi unfortunately Wifi cannot be guaranteed due to the location but is usually available
- Beautiful paddock and bushland walks including caves, the creek, lagoons, picnic areas and lookouts
- Myriad of abundant wildlife including deer, kangaroos, wombats, echidnas, foxes, rabbits, ducks, eagles and falcons
- Binoculars for bird watching or bring your own
- High chair and small kids table and chairs
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Air-conditioning with heating and cooling
- Designated car parking area for 4 vehicles
All linen sheets, doonas, blankets and bath towels are supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
There is no laundry at this property.
Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
More information about the property that you may need during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Booklet left at the property.
The owners are dog lovers and this property is dog friendly. There is a surcharge of $100 for up to 4 dogs. Please specifiy whether you are bringing a dog at time of booking, and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets. If you wish to bring more than 4 dogs, please let us know at the time of booking and we can see whether this can be accommodated. There is a water bowl at the property but you will need to bring all other pet supplies. Pets are strictly not allowed on furniture or carpet, and an additional charge will be incurred if extra cleaning is required because this requirement is not adhered to.
While Wifi is usually available it cannot be guaranteed due to the location of the property. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable.