The Gardener’s Cottage was, as the name implies, especially built for the gardener residing on this beautiful rural estate. We think you will enjoy the romance of the cottage and its beautiful setting …and hopefully go home with a fresh new take on life too
The Gardener’s Cottage is privately situated at the end of a country lane, just 5 km from Burrawang village. Follow the signs along a hedge-lined driveway to find the cottage nestled behind with stunning views from the sunny front porch through the paddocks to the escarpment. Wander around the property at dusk for magnificent sunset views, or venture to nearby Fitzroy Falls for many bush walks.
The cottage is exceptionally well presented, is thermally efficient and has lots of character.
It is well insulated with polished concrete floors that are cool in summer and retain heat in winter. Tank water, an environmental waste system, and low energy appliances all contribute to this property’s “green” credentials.
The décor is fun and stylish, including some handmade features such as light shades made from fencing wire from the property. Use of natural products and recycled wood also enhance the ambiance.
Instead of electric blankets, internet and a dishwasher… you will find cosy hot water bottles, a wood heater, a Nespresso pod coffee machine, TV with DVD, tranquil spots to sit and walk on the property, a hammock to relax under the trees and free ranging chickens who will oblige with fresh eggs when available.
Please understand that for safety reasons, we cannot accept bookings with children and pets.
This is a working farm, with cattle in surrounding paddocks and unfenced water hazards. The cottage also has an exposed steel firebox in the living area which poses a significant danger to small children.
The Gardener’s Cottage is the perfect property for a romantic getaway for 2.
The property features:
• Fully equipped kitchen including oven/stove, Nespresso pod coffee machine and microwave
• Contemporary, stylish sitting room with slow combustion wood heater
• Cosy tranquil bedroom with robes and hot water bottles
• Covered verandah with rural views to the escarpment
• Outdoor setting with BBQ
• Queen bed with quality cotton linen, warm doonas and plump pillows
• Bathroom including full laundry facilities
• 1 Queen bedroom
• Main bathroom with full laundry
• 5.4 km Burrawang General Store and Village Hotel
• 6.5 km Fitzroy Falls Visitor Information Centre
• 14 km Robertson Cheese Factory
• 20 km Bowral ‘s boutique shopping and wedding venues
• 12 km Mali Brae wedding venue
• 14 km Mount Ashby Winery
Quality linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by contacting the owners in the homestead on site. Their details will be provided in the Guest Information Folder
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message
• This property is NOT pet friendly as it is a working farm
To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
“We adored our stay at the Gardener’s Cottage. We generally like complete privacy during stays and this is what we got. The house was cute and elegant and had a great kitchen with everything you need to cook a meal. The view was serene. Especially when the cows came to visit each evening A great place for some down time”
Janique, October 2017
“More beautiful than we ever expected. The photos did not do it justice. Thank you for creating the perfect getaway Our stay was more than we could have hoped for and the comfort and cosiness of our stay made us never wanting to leave. We will definitely be staying here again. See you soon.”
Georgia, September 2017
“Thank you for a wonderful stay We will be back.”
Sarah, September 2017
“More beautiful than we ever expected. The photos did not do it justice. Thank you for creating the perfect getaway Our stay was more than we could have hoped for and the comfort and cosiness of our stay made us never wanting to leave. Will definitely be staying here again. See you soon.”
Georgia, September 2017
“Our kids arranged this weekend for us. We had an amazing, relaxing time. The cottage is gorgeous and has everything to make it a homely stay. Thanks for a great weekend.”
Angela & Nick, July 2017
“We loved our stay at The Gardeners Cottage. Annie was welcoming when we arrived and had even left us some eggs, yoghurt and a few extra things which was a nice touch. The kitchen was well equipped and the property was homely and had everything we needed for 2 nights, including some extras like blankets, water bottles, robes and gumboots to walk around the property. Our favourite thing was the fire place which made the whole place super cosy for a Winter getaway”
Scott, June 2017