The Lodge at Kalinya Gardens was built in the 1850’s and was originally the nurse quarters for the area. It has been restored and renovated, keeping beautiful historical features and adding functionality and style for guests to enjoy. The Lodge contains four luxuriously appointed bedrooms, each with TV connected to Netflix, and their own bathrooms, all designed with unique antiques, vintage sideboards and French doors.
There is a well-appointed theatre room with a 75-inch TV screen connected to Netflix and a large vintage VHS movie collection. Contemporary comfort is provided throughout with reverse cycle air conditioning to all living areas. The main living room, with soaring ceilings, exposed beams and open fireplace offers the perfect place to enjoy reading one of the many books from the huge book collection available.
The renovated kitchen is well appointed and there is a purpose built outdoor entertaining area for the private use of guests. This includes an extra large covered deck with outdoor dining furniture and ceiling fans, an amphitheatre-style area in front of a huge open outdoor fireplace, and an alfresco bar area complete with bar stools, in-built sink and BBQ.
This unique heritage listed property includes 6 acres of established picturesque gardens and outdoor facilities which guests share with the owners during their stay at Kalinya Gardens. The property also includes the homestead, with its Australian colonial style vast wraparound decks, grand high ceilings and beautiful vintage finishes. There is an additional suite within the homestead consisting of two bedrooms, each with TV and Netflix, and a bathroom situated in between the two rooms. These extra rooms can be booked as overflow in conjunction with the lodge. The rooms are accessed through a separate private entry from the wide verandah.
Kalinya Gardens is ideally located just 2.1kms from the M31 Hume Motorway, conveniently only 2 minutes to the local shops, train station and pub. Kalinya gardens is an easy getaway, only 1 hour drive from Sydney CBD and close to the major Southern Highlands attractions and everything that the Wollondilly area offers.
The property features:
• Beautifully styled accommodation with heritage features and artworks
• Polished timber floors throughout
• Fully equipped Caesarstone kitchen including large Ilve oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffee plunger and stovetop espresso percolator
• Open indoor fireplace in main living area, reverse cycle cooling/heating in living areas and ceiling fans in each room
• Theatre room with 75-inch flat screen TV and vintage VHS movie collection
• Wi-Fi available in both The Lodge and The Homestead
• Good quality beds fitted with luxury hotel quality linen and electric blankets
• Each bedroom has TV with Netflix
• Each bedroom has an ensuite, one includes a bath
• Laundry/mud room fitted with Miele washing machine and dryer and external clothesline
• Off street parking for 6 cars in guest parking bay
• Alfresco entertaining areas - large deck, outdoor bar, BBQ and fireplace area.
• Tennis court
• 17m heated swimming pool heated late September through to April; closed in cooler months with beautifully appointed pool house
• Trampoline, swing set and large outdoor chessboard
• Chooks and quail to visit and take food scraps
• Ducks and geese are available to visit at the dam or pond
• 6 acres of established glorious gardens to enjoy
• Bedroom 1: king bed, TV, fan, private bathroom with claw foot bath
• Bedroom 2: king bed, TV, fan, ensuite
• Bedroom 3: queen bed, TV, fan, ensuite
• Bedroom 4: king bed, TV, fan, ensuite
The Homestead: private access
• Bedroom 5: king bed, TV
• Bedroom 6: 2 x king single beds, TV
• Bathroom for private use of these 2 rooms
• 1.5km to Bargo Conference Centre
• 1.7km to Bargo Hotel and train station
• 1.7km to Bargo local shops- butcher, supermarket, bottle shop, newsagent
• 1.8km to Wirrimbirra Sanctuary and Wildlife Refuge
• 2.1km to M31 Hume Motorway exit
• 24km 15 mins to Highlands Golf Club
• 26km 17 mins to Mittagong
• 30km 25 mins to Bowral shops and cafes
• 31km 25 mins to Gibraltar Hotel
• 32km 25 mins to Centennial Vineyards
• 36km 27 mins to Bendooley Estate
• 39km 30 mins to Berrima village
• 100km 1 hour to Sydney Airport
All linen sheets and bath towels is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff. BYO pool towels.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
Pricing is for The Lodge, which sleeps up to 8 guests in 4 bedrooms with en suites. However, there is the option of an additional 2 bedrooms and a 5th bathroom, within The Homestead, that can be booked for an additional charge, bringing total maximum number of guests to 12.
• There are unfenced dams and water features at this property
• The extra 2 rooms and bathroom available to book in the main homestead are secured and separate from the owner’s living quarters. You have private entry from the southern end of the wraparound deck into your own fully self-contained area and will be afforded the utmost privacy during your stay. The rest of the homestead accommodation and north part of the deck is for private use of the owners and we ask that you also respect their privacy.
• The 6 acre gardens and facilities are shared areas e.g. Gardens, swimming pool and pool house, tennis court, chess set, trampoline and swing set.
• Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
• Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling our office 24/7
• This property is approved for accommodation only and STRICTLY no parties or loud music
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message
• Due to free-ranging chickens, ducks and geese, this property is NOT pet friendly
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure
• Wi-Fi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable
• This property is proudly managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent - please send a message if you’d like to know more about the packages we offer for bookings and property management