Cubba Cubba is located on Coba Point, the most beautiful spot on the Hawkesbury River. Accessible only by boat this is a great place to escape for a weekend or week away with friends and family. Enjoy a spot of fishing, kayaking, water skiing, bush walking or simply relax and enjoy the view from the balcony or your own sandy beach at mid-to low tide. It is a water access only property so you will be picked up by private boat at the public wharf at Berowra Waters.
Very large open plan lounge & dining areas adjoining the spacious modern kitchen. These areas open on to an 18 x 2.5 m enclosed front veranda with expansive Hawkesbury River and bush outlook.
There are very few steps up to the house from a nice garden/lawn area and leads down to your own sandy beach at mid-to-low tide. Private pontoon and ramp.
It is a water access only property so you will be picked up by private boat at the public wharf at Berowra Waters. You can also bring your own boat as the house is situated right in front of the water skiing field.
There is a Coles supermarket in Berowra as well as a local store at the Berowra Waters Marina for necessities.
This home is located on the river at Berowra Waters only 45 minutes drive from Sydney CBD.
- Having a house on the most beautiful spot on the Hawkesbury involves trade- offs. The most important are limitations on electricity, water and noise. We charge a $150.00 bond, forfeited if you run out of water or electricity while using the house.
- WATER. All the house water comes off the roof and is stored in the two black tanks behind the house. DO NOT WASTE A DROP. 2-minute showers, and not flushing unless you use toilet paper, are mandatory. But don’t let the toilet paper build up in the bowl as it can block the pipes. All waste water goes into a septic tank. PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANYTHING BUT TOILET PAPER AND HUMAN WASTE INTO THE SYSTEM. NO TAMPONS, CHEMICALS ETC.
- ELECTRICITY. The House runs on a 3.2 kilowatt stand-alone solar system. This generates about half as much electricity as a standard house. DO NOT USE HAIR DRYERS, BAR HEATERS OR OTHER SUCH APPLIANCES. Turn off the lights and appliances when not needed. RUN THE WASHING MACHINE DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS ONLY. KEEP THE FRIDGE DOOR CLOSED.
- We run off bottled gas. If you run out, just switch the lever to change to the other bottle. NOISE.
- We have two neighbours whose houses are just a metre away. It is appreciated if you keep the noise down.
- It is a water access only property so you will be picked up by private boat at the public wharf at Berowra Waters.