CALABASH BAY LODGE IS A BOUTIQUE LUXURY RETREAT FOR THE DISCERNING TRAVELLER in a unique and exemplary water-access only location on the Hawkesbury River at Berowra Waters.
Unlike other destinations further afield, Calabash Bay Lodge offers a quintessential experience of the Australian wilderness and absolute waterfront way of life, yet is only a heartbeat away from the bustling national metropolis of Sydney, only 1 hour to the south. Surrounded by 360 degrees of riverfront national park, the pristine eucalypt bush and 200 million year old Hawkesbury sandstone cliffs that ring Calabash Bay Lodge will seduce you.
* Finalist for Best Australian Boutique Hotel, Resort, Villa or Lodge in the Luxury Travel Gold List 2016 & 2015
* Best Indulgence Finalist Stayz Awards 2015
* Unique Accommodation Finalist in the NSW Tourism Awards 2014 & 2012
* Best Eco-Friendly Finalist Stayz Awards 2014
* Unique Accommodation Gold Winner at the 2012 Greater Sydney Tourism Awards
* 4½ star rating by AAA Tourism for Self-Contained Accommodation
* Virgin Australia's Voyeur Magazine rated us as one of the world’s 51 top luxe experiences on their 2012 Luxe List
* A top luxury pick in Fairfax's 52 Good Weekends Away list of 2011
* The Weekend Australian rated us in the world's "Top Water Beds" in 2009
* Only 45 minutes north of the Sydney CBD, 1 hour from Sydney Airport
* Sleeps up to 8 in four double bedrooms, 2 kings that can split to twin, and 2 queens; two having private ensuite, plus one shared large bathroom
* Indoor and outdoor entertaining and lifestyle zones over 3 north-facing levels
* Contemporary international and Australian designer furnishings
* Water views from every room
* Fully self-contained or with full Lodge packages available on request
* Absolute waterfront with private moorings
* Water-access only, use of boat included - no boat license required
* Lodge Gourmet Catering packages available for breakfast, lunch and dinner
* Michelin Star Private Chef available for in-house gourmet 3 course lunch or dinner, or 5 or 7 course degustation with sommelier to serve matched wines
* Nature-based activities - kayaks & fishing equipment provided, direct access to bush walks and Great North Walk.
* Family friendly - cot and highchair available
* Pets allowed - outdoors only, by prior permission by management
CALABASH BAY LODGE OFFERS NORTH-FACING FLOOR TO CEILING VIEWS from every room to a 4km sweep of riverfront that ends at the best address in Berowra Waters, Calabash Point. We have four beautifully-styled double bedrooms - all with access to balconies and water views, and 3 bathrooms, 2 being private ensuites. Our interior-designed indoor and outdoor entertaining and lifestyle zones feature the best of Australian and international design from Coco Republic, Hub, Planet, and Cloth Fabric, and essential modern amenities, including complimentary WiFi, Sonos stereo system, games console, Platinum HD Foxtel and an HD media centre with Apple TV, Netflix and extensive classic movie library.
BEING WATER-ACCESS ONLY, Calabash Bay Lodge is a very private and exclusive sanctuary for guests to replenish, rejuvenate and recharge in this magical setting. Naturally, your stay with us includes arrival and departure boat transfers from the closest road access point at Berowra Waters, use of a boat and kayaks to explore the river from the property, as well as fishing rods and a crab pot to try your luck at catching dinner. You can also venture further afield by water taxi to the water-access only restaurants like Peat's Bite.
IF YOU'RE CELEBRATING A SPECIAL OCCASION or just feel like treating yourself, we also offer an unparalleled in-house dining experience with a Michelin star restaurant trained Private Chef and Sommelier, and full Lodge packages including gourmet catering. Spa pampering options are also available in-house. If you're honeymooning, babymooning or looking for a deluxe hen's weekend away, we can customise a special weekend itinerary of relaxation for you. We also welcome small group retreats - day catering packages and team-building activities are available.
THE LODGE HAS A SUSTAINABILITY FOCUS, running on GreenPower energy, an eco-friendly septic waste system and is cleaned with chemical-free products, to maintain a low footprint on our pristine natural environment. We support local business and preference Australian suppliers.
WHATEVER THE OCCASION, be it a romantic escape, a weekend getaway with friends or a family reunion, Calabash Bay Lodge is a beautiful place to relax, indulge, and celebrate life. We invite you to share the experience with us.
Very Late Check-out... our exclusive special offering
VERY LATE CHECK-OUT... our exclusive special offer
When you book a weekend away, we know you want to make the most of it. That's why we offer our unique Very Late Checkout Special, so you can make every minute of your valuable weekend away count towards the ultimate in relaxation & indulgence. Continue your relaxation well into your Sunday, instead of having to check out in the morning and miss out on a whole extra day to unwind and soak in the magical atmosphere.
Our exclusive Very Late Check-out option, offers a 50% discount off Sunday night so weekend guests can arrive on Friday afternoon & check-out Monday morning. As Calabash is located only a 45 minute drive north of the CBD, many of our guests take us up on this offer to extend their weekend relaxation for another full day of enjoyment. You will need an early start to get ahead of the traffic, but you will be well rested after another night of refreshing deep sleep.
If you're unable to stay over the Sunday night due to school commitments or other, with this offer you are also welcome to stay the full day of the Sunday and check out by sunset.
On Long Weekends this offer can extend a 3 night stay to 4 inclusive of the public holiday Monday night, so you can stay and enjoy the full day of the holiday day off work, and check-out Tuesday morning.
NB This offer is not available during high season periods inclusive of Christmas, New Year and January. Available weekends included in this promotion will display upon specific date search on our website. The offer will appear as a discount across the 3 nights, or 4 for Long Weekends. Not valid in conjunction with any other offers; regular booking conditions apply.