$150 for entire cabin, any night, no add-on fees and these magazines rated it "10/10 in the value for money stakes" and reviewed it as a "gem of a stay...highly recommended."
Beautiful scenic bush walking cabin 1.5 hours from Sydney CBD. 5 Mins drive to St Albans & 15 mins drive to Wisemans Ferry.
"Of all the accommodation options on the Hawkesbury River, we are giving St Alban's Scenic Hut 10/10 in the value-for-money stakes. The views from this beautiful cabin and the position make for a brilliant weekend away."
Australian Race Boat News Magazine: 2014 Travel Feature.
"The tranquility and the views from St Alban's Scenic Hut are incredible. This gem of a stay is highly recommended."
WaterSki Racer News Magazine December Issue 2014
Perched on the sun drenched hillside overlooking Wrights Creek valley this bush walking cabin accommodates up to 7 bunking adults in an open plan studio combining living and sleeping quarters.
If you enjoy seclusion and character in a property you'll love this place.
Your cabin is the only dwelling on this 25 acre property horseshoed by the Yengo National Park. Half of the acerage consists of flat sweeping grasslands and the other half: Tree lined ridge decorated with huge boulders and caves.
There is even an occasional sprinkling of ancient Aboriginal art within the surrounding area and an indigenous claim on the title of this property - requesting an acknowledgement of the ancient cultural heritage of this land. Is it any wonder why this is renowned as the perfect destination for mountain bike riding and bushwalking?
The open plan cabin combines living with sleeping quarters. It is generously constructed with large western red cedar doors and windows overlooking the surrounding valley.
The northerly aspect ensures the cabin enjoys direct sunlight all day, all year round.
This 100% off the grid cabin has:
* No power lines,
* No sewerage lines and
* No telephone lines
* No fencing on property
* No main water supply
* Was built with zero excavation
* Has no sealed road access. Dirt road makes 4WD preferable but not necessary
This means you can:
* Shower in the open outdoors using the shower connected to the rain water tank.
* Live eco-friendly using the composting toilet in the adjacent outhouse.
* Enjoy an awesome view that is completely free from power and telephone lines.
* Walk and ride around the property on unobstructed path free from trenches and lines.
In St Albans Scenic Hut you will enjoy:
* A cosy atmosphere. The hut is fully insulated and heated by a wood fired combustion heater.
* Several beautiful oil on canvas landscape paintings decorating the interior that is lined with steel and hardwood.
* A private outdoor rainwater tank shower overlooking the valley.
The design was inspired by the bush walking huts of Cradle Mountain Tasmania that attempt to follow the indigenous idea to "tread lightly on the ground."
There is no power, no kitchen and no hot water supplying the little cabin. You will be required to use the small camping style gas cookers or bring your own cooking equipment, torches and lanterns as you normally would with our National Park bush walking huts.