For your added security, this property is only managed in Australia and we never request payments be made to overseas bank accounts.
Minimum 2 night stay
Wobby Beach House is the stylish weekender.
Located on absolute waterfront with uninterrupted 180 degree views of the Hawkesbury River and Dangar Island. Wobby Beach House is a tranquil, very private and extremely picturesque retreat.
Wobby Beach is located directly across from Brooklyn opposite Dangar Island. he property is boat access only, adding to its privacy and charm.
This house is well suited to up to 3 couples or a family and ideal for a weekend getaway, long weekend stay, holiday or extended stay.
Facilities include 3 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, lounge 2 sofas, foxtel, dvd, indoor dining extends to 8 persons, outdoor dining extends to 8 persons, well equipped kitchen dishwasher, oven, large fridge, blender, coffee plunger.
Linen, bath towels and beach towels are provided and the house is air-conditioned for your comfort.
Please note: Minimum 2 night stay.
Those with a boat will find excellent boating facilities including:
1. Deep water jetty.
2. Mooring directly in front for up to 50' boat.
Those without a boat have a number of transport options:
1. By car to carpark at Brooklyn.
2 Train from Central or Strathfield or Hornsby to Hawkesbury River Station 1 hour.
3. Public ferry from Brooklyn to Little Wobby Beach check latest timetables online.
4. Water taxi from Brooklyn ring Brooklyn Water Taxis or Marine Cabs to make a booking.
5. Water taxi from Palm Beach ring Palm Beach Water Taxis to make a booking.
Note that daily newspapers, basic groceries , alcohol and ice can be purchased at Brooklyn Marina Store. We recommend bringing 3 bags of ice for the 2 drink eskies provided on the deck, plus a spare for the freezer to top up and keep your beer and wine chilled.
Things To Do & See:
Little Wobby Beach House is a small community surrounded by Brisbane Waters National Park. There are numerous cave formations, natural springs and aboriginal sites.
Expect to see our very own resident fauna in the garden:
- Wallabies very early morning
- Eastern grey kangaroos daytime
- Lyrebirds afternoon in the top garden
- Native Brush Turkeys daytime
- Sea Eagles daytime
- Microbats from the rock caves sunset and evening in front balcony
- Green Tree Pythons in a sunny spot
- Whip Birds all day
- Goannas on trees and outside kitchen
- Kookaburras morning and afternoon
- Wonga Pigeon daytime top garden
- Ring tail possums
- Fruit bats
- and a whole lot more of our bushland friends and native birds
Things to do include:
1. Simply do nothing and unwind in the pool or on the sun lounges reading a book.
2. Take the quirky residents public pathway from one end of Wobby Beach to the other and see how the locals live.
3. Bushwalking from southern end follow road towards national fitness camp and turn off to the cliff top walk and along the ridgeline to the northern end where you can take a dip in the natural rock swimming pools. Alternatively, you can not turn off and continue all the way to Patonga Beach take hat, sunscreen and water bottle
4. Fishing, squid and crabbing off the jetty only basic fishing gear provided.
5. Use the 2 fishing kayaks lifejackets also provided and drift over the sandbar opposite at Dangar Island for flathead or on the turn-of-the-tide is best for drifting directly along the entire length of Wobby Beach for bream and jewfish.
6. Head out for lunch or dinner by boat or water taxi to:
- Berowra Waters Inn $$$
- Cottage Point Inn $$$
- Pete's Bite $$
- Patonga Beach Hotel $
- Cottage Point Kiosk $
- Mooney Mooney Bowling Club Weekday lunch but small boat access only
- Dangar Island Bowling Club Dinner Thurs-Sat nights, Open mic night Friday nights
- Brooklyn various local restaurants. Lifeboat is the best for local sustainable seafood
7. Catch the ferry to Dangar Island for a walk around the island and coffee next to the wharf or a beer/meal at the Dangar Island Bowling Club
8. A beer at the Anglers Rest Hotel at Brooklyn and meet the river folk.
9. Take lunch, sunscreen and drinks for a day out kayaking with life jackets and explore the secluded sandy beaches on the Hawkesbury.