DISCOVER YOUR OWN PRIVATE HIDEAWAY
Ideal for couples or families looking for a unique experience to rest and relax among nature
Riverview Nature Retreat enjoys a private elevated position in amongst 6 acres of natural bushland overlooking the majestic Hawkesbury River and picturesque valley below. There is private shared access to the river for picnicking and a concrete boat ramp for convenient access for waterskiing, jet skiing, fishing, kayaking or exploring the waterways. This part of the Hawkesbury is wide and enjoys lots of boating and other watersport activity which is wonderful to watch by the river or from the property’s vantage point. The river is an easy stroll through the picturesque country road, be sure to say hello to the horses, or a quick drive if you’re carrying equipment or a picnic hamper.
CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE CITY BUT MILES AWAY FROM CARE
Easy 90 minute drive from the centre of Sydney
Riverview Nature Retreat is a peaceful red-cedar cabin tucked away off Greens Road, Lower Portland which can be accessed in two ways - via Windsor no ferry crossing – around 40 minutes from Windsor or Wiseman’s Ferry ferry crossing at Webbs Creek- around 15 minutes after crossing.
UNIQUE EXPERIENCE AMONG NATURE
Enjoy spending time together reconnecting with your partner, family or friends
The double storey cabin is inviting, cute and cosy. There are French doors leading into the open-plan living area. The timber and stone kitchen is typically country as is the bathroom. There is a slow combustion fire place in the living room for those chilly nights.
There are two generously sized bedrooms upstairs and one bedroom downstairs. The main bedroom upstairs is furnished with a queen bed and a private sitting area. The twin bedroom is furnished with two double beds. Both bedrooms have their own reverse cycle air-conditioning units and ceiling fans for summer and winter comfort. The third bedroom downstairs is furnished with one queen bed with French doors leading outside. It also has a ceiling fan and shares the downstairs air-conditioning unit.
There is an outdoor entertaining area equipped with a Weber BBQ and outdoor seating to enjoy alfresco dining while watching the boats, skiers and kayakers go by. In winter, there is an outdoor fire-pit to gather round story-telling or roasting marshmallows. The outdoor area around the cabin is fenced to keep toddlers and pets in check yes, we are pet friendly.
IF YOU HAVE LOST THE ART OF “DOING NOTHING”
then you've come to the right place to find it again
Being amongst nature and taking the time to just be, is something that we need to do on a regular basis for our own well-being and health. Whether you are here with your family, friends or partner, just by being here, everything slows down and very quickly, you start to unwind and relax for a few days.
If adventure is more your style, then there’s loads to do to explore and be active in and around the Hawkesbury River. Here are just a few options for you to think about.
• River sports: fishing, kayaking, water-skiing, jet-skiing and boating.
• Historic tours: Hawkesbury Heritage Tour, Windsor Heritage Tour.
• Adventure: hiking, mountain-bike riding, trail bikes, horse riding.
• Bush-walking: convict trail on Old Great North Rd, Devines Hill and Ten Mile Hollow
• Farm trails: Hawkesbury Harvest Farm gate trail, Hawkesbury Vegetable Farm.
• Visit galleries, museums, country markets and wineries and so much more
Or, you can do next to nothing staying in:
• Sunbathe on the property with or without swimmers - privacy assured BYO sunscreen
• Take an outdoor shower among the trees and wildlife
• Take a stroll in and around the property watch out for kangaroos, goannas and wombats.
• Kayak, fish and other water sports.
• Take a nanna nap after a hearty lunch.
• Take a picnic hamper down the river.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY
• Exclusive use of entire 6 acre property - privacy is assured.
• Private shared river access with concrete boat ramp.
• Blankets, doonas and pillows supplied.
• Firewood, fire-starters, matches supplied.
• Well-stocked kitchen and pantry staples.
• Bathroom with hairdryer and first aid kit. Laundry with iron facilities.
• Free to air satellite television with USB port.
• DVD and CD player with a selection of discs. iPod speaker dock.
• BBQ and outdoor dining furniture, casual seating, deck chairs, umbrella.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
• Food and drinks. Only a few restaurants close by with limited opening hours.
• Bed sheets and pillowcases.
• Bath and beach towels.
• Toiletries including insect repellent, sunscreen etc.
• Any medication or other personal supplies.
Pets are welcome on the property but not indoors. The area around the cabin is fenced to keep pets in check. But if they want to explore and run about, there is ample space to exhaust themselves. Remember to pack for your pet
WELCOME TO RIVERVIEW NATURE RETREAT
After booking, we will email you our Welcome Kit that provides you with information on how to access the property, instructions on arrival and departure, facilities and house rules, restaurants and attractions and local services.