ABOUT SUITE SIXTEEN
SUITE SIXTEEN offers unique luxury accommodation for two at Palm Beach, NSW.
The ocean views are immense, a 180 degree panorama that changes throughout the day. The furniture and fit-out are of the standard you'd find in a boutique hotel and include some rare pieces of Scandinavian and Australian modernist furniture from the 1960s. Due to its unique character, SUITE SIXTEEN has appeared in design magazines and was made a featured listing on Stayz after one of their senior executives took some time out at SUITE SIXTEEN.
Having a northerly aspect you'll get sun all day, and will be bathed in natural light.
Like many before you, you won't want to leave!
SUITE SIXTEEN is perfect for celebrating special occasions such as wedding anniversaries or birthdays, or for those who simply want to chill out and de-stress for a while.
We've had guests from all over the world - from Scandinavia, Britain, USA, S-E Asia, NZ and virtually every state and region in Australia. All have enjoyed the experience and their reviews bear this out.
WHY YOU'D WANT TO STAY AT SUITE SIXTEEN
There is nowhere else on Sydney's northern beaches quite like SUITE SIXTEEN:
* Mesmerising, unobstructed northern ocean views;
* Sun all year round;
* North facing - no winter southerlies, lots of N-E sea breezes in summer
* Architectural classic - has been featured in design magazines and film shoots;
* Eclectic modernist furniture - all original pieces, some extremely rare;
* Walk to Palm Beach or Whale Beach;
* Stroll to Whale Beach Deli and Jonah's.
SUITE SIXTEEN IN SPRING - WHALE WATCHING TIME!
We're often just as busy in spring (and even in winter) as we are at other times of the year. Why? It's probably the sunniest outlook in all of Palm Beach and a great time of year to leave the car parked, walk just about everywhere, then go home with your batteries fully re-charged.
Read what others say in the reviews.
EVERY FEATURE YOU NEED FOR SELF-CONTAINED LIVING
SUITE SIXTEEN offers a unique blend of hotel and apartment living with every appointment you need to make your stay enjoyable:
* Dual refrigerators;
* Cooktop and oven;
* Combined washer/dryer;
* Underfloor heating for winter;
* Electronically controlled blinds
* Dyson bladeless fan - for the rare occasions when there are no sea breezes
* Only quality brand appliances e.g. Smeg, Meile, Leibherr etc.
ALL ABOUT THE DESIGN & FIT-OUT
SUITE SIXTEEN forms the entire lower level of an iconic modernist house designed in 1956 by Frank Cavalier, one of the new wave of architects in Sydney who helped transform our notions about the domestic dwelling.
Completely renovated several years ago by one of Australia's most awarded builders it is one of only a few buildings of its type that remain in Palm Beach and the only one we are aware of that has been restored to this standard. It was originally featured in House & Garden in 1958. In more recent times it has appeared in various design publications both locally and internationally and has also been used as a setting for still photography and film shoots.
Decorated and furnished in a style befitting its modernist heritage, SUITE SIXTEEN has a warm and welcoming ambience with a strong Scandinavian flair. Authentic pieces appear throughout from design icons such as Hans Vegner, Charles & Ray Eames, Grant Featherston, Le Corbusier etc. are complemented with Marimekko highlights and hand-made ceramics.
Accessed via a private entrance a stunning unobstructed northerly view awaits you which sweeps from North Palm Beach, takes in Pittwater, Barrenjoey Lighthouse, parts of the Central Coast, Cape Three Points and the ocean beyond.
OTHER FEATURES OF SUITE SIXTEEN
* Beautiful private Zen garden area - with sun lounges and great views
* Free Wi-Fi
* Your own private entrance
* Off street parking
* Under cover parking if required
* Generous provisions
* Full bathroom with twin washbasins, shower and full-size bath (with Barrenjoey views!)
* Large walk-in robe area with lots of hanging space.
WHAT TO DO
* Many guests simply chill-out in SUITE SIXTEEN - stay in and enjoy the ambience
* Sit back and read a book or imbibe a drink or two in the Zen garden
* Hit the beaches
* Swim in the local rock pools
* Brunch at local cafes - some within easy walking distance
* Enjoy some of the areas fine dining options
* Walk to the Barrenjoey Lighthouse
* Hire a kayak or paddleboard
* Try beach or rock fishing
* Watch the sea eagles soaring above the Zen garden and out over the sea
* Go whale watching in May/June and September/October
* Catch a ferry to the unique Great Mackeral Beach or to the Central Coast
* Bushwalk in the National Parks nearby
* Visit Bangalley Headland
* Play golf, tennis or boule at local facilities
* Go for a joy flight on seaplane
* See where they film Home & Away - and buy some memorabilia.
Our minimum stay throughout the year is for two nights other than at designated public holiday periods when the minimum is three nights.
STAY FOR A WEEK, OR LONGER
* In low season our weekly rate is $2,500, inclusive of our cleaning and linen fee
* During the Christmas / New Year period it is $4,000 per week inclusive.
* Rates for extended stays of longer than a week may be negotiated.
As per details provided for Stayz online booking.