Designer warehouse apartment with soaring ceilings. Wi-Fi and includes all bills. Immediate access to Redfern station, this Landmark building has a central atrium tropical garden, pool, BBQ and gym. Set in trendy Redfern with its many small bars, cafes and restaurants. Easy walking distance to UTS and Uni of Sydney.
The apartment is air-conditioned and renovated to a very high standard and has 2 very comfortable bedrooms (1 queen and 1 double bed) and 1 beautiful modern glass / marble bathroom. The apartment comes with all linen, towels, pillows, duvets etc., everything you would expect for a very comfortable stay.
Large bedroom has a queen bed, built in wardrobes, small laptop desk/chair, bedside tables, personal fan (apartment also air-conditioned), personal iron, ironing board, clothes drying rack. Beautiful Ironbark beams and architectural buttress add a unique industrial feel to this room in particular. This bedroom is elevated (5 steps) above the living room and has one open wall overlooking the living room and the soaring windows looking at the city. Privacy is provided with stylish block-out curtains.
Cosy bedroom with a double bed, also elevated (5 steps) above the main floor of the apartment. This bedroom has a bedside table, reading lamp, large comfy occasional chair, laptop / reading table, personal fan (apartment also air-conditioned), rack for your suitcase, built in wardrobe, groovy louvered windows to the hall, ironing board / iron / clothes drying rack.
APARTMENT (2nd Floor):
2 bedrooms - elevated, access via stairs (5 steps)
1 beautiful stylish bathroom with walk-in shower and stand-alone bathtub
Wi-Fi throughout the apartment and on the communal verandah overlooking the garden and pool
Sound system (iPhone and Smart Phone connection)
Washer / dryer
Ironing board & iron / clothes drying rack in each bedroom
Modern glass & marble bathroom
Walk-in shower (lot's of instant hot water) with bath wash, shampoo, conditioner etc.
Towels, face washers, shower mats etc., provided
THE APARTMENT BUILDING:
The building was one of the first warehouse conversions in Sydney and began its life in 1903 as a boot factory - hence the soaring ceilings. It's a very eclectic and arty place with a couple of famous artists and musicians in residence. The building has a high percentage of owner occupiers and has a great community spirit and feel. It is an oasis of tranquility in this beautiful city.
Atrium with tropical gardens, swimming pool with sun beds / tables and chairs
Verandah (communal) overlooking the tropical garden. Wi-Fi access here, so you can check your emails while enjoying the view...
Immediate access to Redfern train station and the city loop. 2 stops to the Town Hall; the centre of the city.
REDFERN - INNER CITY VILLAGE OF CITY OF SYDNEY:
Redfern is only 1km from Chinatown and about 2kms from the city centre
There's an extensive range of local cafes, restaurants, funky wine bars and pubs
- Australia Technology Park is next door and includes Channel 7
- Carriageworks, performance space and art gallery is up the road
- Eveleigh Markets: Framers market produce every Saturday morning
- Chinatown; Paddy's Markets, and the Chinese Gardens
- Dank Street; cafes, restaurants, art galleries and boutique home-ware stores
- Chippendale: cafes, restaurants and art galleries; White Rabbit Gallery, Broadway Shopping Centre and Apple Store
- Newtown: extensive array of cafes, restaurants, pubs, wine / jazz bars
- Seymour Centre: Theatre and performing arts
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Technology Sydney
- ABC's (Australia's National Broadcaster)
-Shopping Central: Two train stops too 'Town Hall' station and the QVB (Queen Victoria Building), Westfield Shopping Centre, David Jones, Myers
- The Harbour: Four stops to 'Circular Quay' station for the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour and ferries, Sydney Harbour Bridge and BridgeClimb, The Rocks, Kings Street Wharf, Museum of Contemporary Art
- Hyde Park: 2 stops to 'Museum' station for Hyde Park
- 3 stops to St James Station for the Art Gallery of NSW, Sydney Museum and the Botanic Gardens
TRAIN: Across the road we have direct access to Redfern Train Station (platform 10) which offers easy access to the CBD, Oxford St, Circular Quay, the Harbour, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, Kings Cross & Darlinghurst and Bondi Junction for Bondi Beach.
TAXI: Taxi's would cost on average A$15 to most surrounding areas and the CBD.