Stay in a piece of New Farm history Located on desirable Moray Street, our recently renovated Art Deco gem, is your perfect base to work or relax, stroll to the Riverwalk or famous local cafes, or catch the 196 bus from your door step to the Valley, City or South Bank.
'Bursley' was built as two adjoining flats in the Art - Deco style in 1936 for Mr William Danaher, and has been in the family ever since. It features stunning original hardwood floors, picture rails, timber paneled doors and some of the original light fittings.
This property is not our home, it is listed exclusively through Stayz .com, so if it isn't already booked, you can always consider it yours every time you need to stay in beautiful inner city Brisbane.
The living space is :
- A large double bedroom with air conditioning, built in wardrobes, a flat screen television and an adjoining sunroom/office. Queen size bed
- A second bedroom with air conditioning, built in wardrobes , and a flat screen television. Double bed
- A bathroom with shower.
- A comfortable lounge room with a flat screen television.
- A kitchen with dishwasher, gas cook top, electric oven, refrigerator, microwave and a Nespresso coffee machine.
- A separate dining area adjoining the kitchen.
- A gorgeous professionally landscaped and maintained, tropical outdoor entertaining space with a timber setting that seats 4, 2 comfortable chairs, a BBQ and outdoor lighting. Simply stunning - day or night.
- A covered, but outdoor laundry underneath the back steps of the property with a washing machine.
- A beautiful green lawn space with a clothesline.
Further details to enhance your experience at 'Bursley'.
Guests can access the property through an electronic keypad. We will supply the code closer to your arrival.
We live nearby so if anything needs attention, it can be done promptly. We can be there for your arrival to greet you and run through 'Bursley's' highlights, or if you prefer privacy, everything will be detailed in the property manual that we will email closer to your booking date. A hard copy will also be available onsite. We are always available to answer any questions leading up to your booking via email. We aim to respond within 24 hours.
If you are a really organised traveler and would like to do a Coles or Woolworths online grocery order, I will happily accept delivery, unpack your groceries, and put cold goods in the refrigerator, all ready for your arrival.
We can also arrange our highly recommended Driver/Tour Guide to pick you up from Brisbane or Coolangatta airports. POA.
Would you like to see more of South - East Queensland?
We can arrange for you to be picked up by our fabulous Tour Guide for a day trip if you wish, to explore Dream World, Movie World, Sea World, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Australia Zoo, Mount Tamborine, Maleny, or any other Brisbane attractions. Day trips to world famous Noosa for lunch can also be arranged. POA
We wouldn't live anywhere else in Brisbane other than New Farm and we are excited to share why we love this suburb so much.
Voted Brisbane's most liveable suburb many times, New Farm is on a historic inner city peninsular only 1.8 kms from the CBD.
In both walking directions from 'Bursley', award winning restaurants and cafes are a mere 5 minutes away.
Further afield within a 5 minute drive, New Farm also boasts the James Street Restaurant precinct, Coles and IGA supermarkets, two cinema complexes, the Powerhouse Theatre, the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts, 24 hour gyms, hairdressers, delicious takeaways, and glorious New Farm Park, which hosts a weekly Saturday Farmer's Market and features one of Brisbane's best children's playgrounds.
The adjacent suburbs of Teneriffe , Newstead, and Fortitude Valley are also vibrant and full of clubs, bars, high end fashion boutiques, homeware stores and restaurants.
'Bursley' has free on street parking. As we live nearby, we can assure you that we have never had to wait for an Uber taxi for longer than 5 minutes.
Directly across the road from 'Bursley' is the 196 bus that will take you to The Valley, City and South Bank.
South Bank is located on the southern banks of the Brisbane River, its 17 hectares of lush park lands, world-class eateries, stunning river views and hundreds of delightful events all year round make it the perfect place to relax and unwind.
A 10 minute walk away is the famous Riverwalk walkway, where you can stroll 1.8 km to Brisbane City. For the more energetic, you can hire a City Cycle and ride for kilometres to your heart's content.
A 9 minute walk away is the Sydney Street City Cat terminal that will take you into the city.
You can also catch the CityHopper ferry service.
The CityHopper service allows you to rediscover Brisbane for free with ferries running every 30 minutes between 6am and midnight, seven days a week.
The CityHopper travels along the Brisbane River, stopping at North Quay, South Bank 3, Maritime Museum, Thornton Street, Eagle Street Pier, Holman Street, Dockside and Sydney Street terminals.
As the CityHopper is free, all you need to do is hop on and hop off and enjoy taking in the Brisbane River and city sights.
Just around the corner in Barker Street, you'll see the Brisbane City Council City Cycle rank. To use City Cycle, subscribe online with a credit or debit card. It's quick and easy The Brisbane City Cycle website has all the information you need.
See some of the best of Brisbane in 90 minutes
Explore the City with a 24 or 48 hour ticket on-board the Brisbane Explorer’s open-top double decker buses.
To experience the charm of Brisbane, you can hop on and hop off at any of the 15 designated stops around the City.
Take a stroll through one of many parks, enjoy superb views of the city or dine in any of Brisbane's cafes or restaurants.
Where can I get-on?
You can hop on and hop off at any of the stops listed below:
1. Post Office Square - Queen Street, opposite the GPO
2. City Hall - Adelaide Street stop 41, outside King George Square
3. Treasury Casino Hotel - William Street, corner of Elizabeth Street CityCat connection
4. Riverside Centre - Eagle Street Pier stop 155, corner Charlotte street CityCat connection
5. Old Windmill - Wickham Terrace, opposite Bartley Street
6. Transit Centre - Roma Street, in front of Police Headquarters
7. Suncorp Stadium - Caxton Street, near Hale Street
8. Regatta Hotel - Coronation Drive, near Land Street CityCat connection
9. Park Road - Coronation Drive, near Park Road
10.Cultural Centre - Grey Street museum side, near Melbourne Street
11. South Bank Ferris Wheel - Grey Street, near Ernest Street CityCat connection
12.Maritime Museum - Vulture Street, near South Brisbane Memorial Park CityCat connection
13. City Lookout, Kangaroo Point - River Terrace, in front of Scout Place
14. Chinatown - Ann Street, near Gipps Street
15. ANZAC Square - Ann Street, opposite Central station
CityCat connection Connect to a CityCat or CityFerry from this location.
Brisbane Explorer tours run every day except Christmas Day, Good Friday and ANZAC Day.
The first tour departs Post Office Square at 9am. The last tour departs at 5.15pm, returning around 6.45pm.
For full timetable and stop information, or to buy tickets, visit the online
Your ticket includes a 90 minute tour and is valid for either 24 or 48 hours.
Find out more on the Brisbane Explorer website.