Luxurious Five Bedroom, Three Bathroom Timber Holiday House in the Treetops
Wanggulay Too is a unique one of a kind experience. You will have a fantastic holiday Come and find out why so many choose Wanggulay. In the last six months, we have welcomed one of Australias leading Iconic Fashion houses, Australia's biggest home renovator, and a group of elite gold medal Olympic athletes all looking for a unique and beautiful experience.
Welcome to Wanggulay Too
Located on the hillside in the rainforest looking over the Barron River, this luxurious Cairns City holiday house is unique. Picture yourself sitting in the antique outdoor bath with a bottle of bubbly perched above the river having a holiday of a lifetime in Far North Queensland
It's a ten-minute walk to 4 waterfalls where you can safely swim in a tropical paradise.
'Wanggulay Too Treetops' is a five bedroom holiday home located just 7 kilometers west of Cairns airport set amongst the treetops of World Heritage listed rainforest looking down on the Barron River.
Welcome in, and we will take you on a tour of our home...
The spacious open-plan living room with cathedral ceiling opens onto a wide veranda in the treetops with breathtaking views of the rainforest and river below. Relax on the balcony to bird calls, beautiful blue Ulysses butterflies and the gentle sound of the river. With the kitchen opening onto the deck, entertaining is a treat creating a fun bar atmosphere at night.
Upstairs, four bedrooms open onto the main living room with exotic oriental furniture, polished hardwoods, and earth colours and textures making Wanggulay warm and inviting. The master bedroom has French windows opening onto the veranda. Relaxation is only a step away. Soak in the sanctuary of your spa-bath with locally handmade soaps, fragrant frangipanis floating in bowls in the luxurious ensuite bathroom.
On the floor below is a smaller living area with a lounge and veranda thoroughly screened for the ultimate tropical living experience. From here, the second master bedroom looks out through the dappled sunlight of the treetops. Walk out onto the river platform to bathe in the antique bath with a bottle of complimentary bubbly. It doesn't get better than this
We look forward to welcoming you to Wanggulay Too Treetops.
Included in your rate is our free E-Book, detailing the best things to see and do as experienced by our Wanggulay guests over the last ten years.
Surrounded by water and world heritage listed rainforest
Surrounded by water and world heritage listed rainforest, you are ideally placed to walk the trails of the national park, canoe the Barron River Gorge, swim in natural waterfalls or simply relax on the balcony overlooking the river. Dive on the Great Barrier Reef or enjoy a sunset walk on nearby Palm Cove beach.
Located 20 mins from Cairns city, you are close to everything - beaches, skyrail, reef, and rainforest - but feeling like you're staying in the wilderness.
Nearby are Fitzroy Island, World Heritage rainforests, the trendy tropical beach of Palm Cove, the Great Barrier Reef, and Port Douglas as well as the vibrant city of Cairns.
Access to the house is easy, but once you arrive you may never want to leave. Just in case here are just a couple of things you can do while stay in this Cairns City holiday house;
- Walk the marked trails of the Barron River Gorge National Park to 4 waterfalls right on your doorstep, no need to get in a car.
- Explore the rock pools and waterfalls of Stoney Creek.
- Walk down to the Barron river by private pathway.
- Canoe or white water raft the Barron River Gorge.
- Fish for famous Barramundi in the lower reaches of the Barron River.
- Dive or snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.
- Sunset walks on the beach at Palm Cove and enjoys a lovely meal.
- Ride the world famous Skyrail over the rainforest canopy.
- Take a picnic to Crystal Cascades, the boardwalks of the Botanic Gardens or Cattana Wetlands.
- Explore the wonderful Rusty's fresh produce markets.
- Dine out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
- Take a short drive along kilometers of unspoiled coastline to Port Douglas have lunch and explore.
- Drive up to the Tablelands via Kuranda for a day of sightseeing.
- Relax on the expansive balcony or by the gentle flowing Barron river where you can take in all the delights of a holiday in the rainforest.