Come and stay in our recently renovated classic Queenslander house.
You will have the whole of the upstairs house only 10 stairs with your own private entrance.
No worries about losing keys as there's a digital keyless lock.
I will personally greet you, show you around and answer any questions you may have.
Three things our guests love about our space:
1. My homemade jams and the well stocked fridge and cupboards.
2. The spacious rooms and comfortable beds.
3. Superfast WIFI up to 100MBPS
Two things our guests don't love about our space:
1. We are 4km away from of the city and busy tourist hub. We are in one of the closest residential suburbs, so we have the best of both. Quietness, yet not too far away from the action. We suggest you hire a car for flexibility & independence.
2. We live downstairs. You have your own separate entrance. We are friendly and helpful without being intrusive.
Please tell us a bit about yourself and exactly who and how many will be traveling with you BEFORE you request a booking.
This way we can tailor make everything to ensure you have a wonderful holiday.
We can also recommend tours and activities that would personally suit you and your party.
OUR HOUSE FEATURES:
• Brand new split system air conditioners in the bedrooms, kitchen and living area.
• Recently renovated kitchen
• Beautifully polished timber floors
• A traditional Queenslander, so it's weatherboard and around 60 yrs old.
• Backyard features a large swimming pool which is great for doing laps. It's set in a lush tropical garden, perfect for those hot summer days.
• Two areas to sit and relax while enjoying the pool and the tropical Cairns days and warm balmy nights.
• Pool/beach towels provided.
• Polished timber floors and high ceilings.
• Large open plan living & meals area leading into the fully equipped, brand new kitchen with gas stove.
• As with most Queenslanders, the living area is in the middle of the house and the other rooms surround it.
• Shower and bath are combined. Please note, the bath is slightly higher than most baths, however, a step is provided if required. Handrails are also in place.
• Our dog Sasha will probably greet you at the gate.
• Sandwich maker
• Teapot with a good selection of teas
• Coffee pod machine
• Coffee plunger
• Ground coffee, instant coffee and coffee pods
• Cooking oil, vinegar, small selection of herbs and spices, sugar, salt and pepper
• Homemade jams
• Bottomless Filtered Drinking Water
• Non breakable wine glasses and tumblers for the pool area.
• Knife Block
• Pots and Pans
• Gas Cooker and Oven
• Picnic Cooler Bag
• All are air conditioned with bedside tables, lamps, USB power points and connections. Port-a-cot if required.
• Bath Towels, face washers, hand towels
• Bath mat
• Bath gel, shampoo and conditioner
• Makeup cleansing pads
• Cotton buds
WE ALSO PROVIDE:
• Discount voucher book for local tours, restaurants, coffee shops and other local amenities.
• Quality cotton linen.
• Selection of pillows.
• Pool/Beach Towels.
• Umbrellas for the wet season and hot sun.
• Iron and ironing board.
• High chair.
• Flat screen HD TV with built in DVD player.
• Selection of DVD's.
• Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit and packs of cards.
• Soft toys and children's activities.
• Pool noodles and goggles.
• Washing machine.
• We don't provide a dryer, but we do have an undercover area where you can hang your clothes on the provided clothes airer under the fan.
• Plenty of free parking.
• Keyless Digital Entry.
• Superfast NBN unlimited WIFI.
INTERACTION WITH OUR GUESTS:
You have complete privacy and you won't be bothered unless you have any concerns, however, you are always welcome to come downstairs for a chat and find out more about the Cairns area.
We're helpful without being intrusive.
GETTING AROUND CAIRNS:
• Cairns CBD is 4km away. 5 min. drive or 30 min. walk.
• Airport 7km or 9 min. drive away.
• Taxi fare is approx. $25-$30 to/from Airport or 50 more if you need a maxi taxi.
WE RECOMMEND HIRING A CAR TO GET AROUND CAIRNS.
ABOUT OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD:
• We live in a quiet residential neighbourhood, but very convenient to the city centre, Cairns Lagoon and Reef Fleet Terminal. Only 4km away.
• Walk to bus stop.
• Close to DFO and Coles supermarket. 2km away.
• The Esplanade is a lovely stretch of grassy parkland that is 4km in length.
Two separate paths. One for walking and the other for bike riding.
Exercise stations along the way.
Skate ramp, beach volleyball courts, bbq areas and Muddy's playground and cafe.
Free fitness activities every day of the week except Sunday. See the photos for exercise times.
Entertainment and markets on Saturdays and other select days and of course the lagoon swimming pool.
• Our house is on a corner block and the side of the house has a big grassy verge with shady trees where you can park your car.
• Bus stop is at the end of our street 290 meters or 4 min. walk and all buses take you into the city terminal.
• 10 minutes by bus into city bus terminal. We provide bus schedules.
• DFO with Coles Supermarket and 24 hr gym only 1km away. 2 min. drive or 12 min. walk.
• Caltex Service Station 600metres or 5 min. walk. You can pick up basic food and toiletry supplies here.
• Walk to one of the best coffee shops in Cairns. They cater for many of the coffee shops in Cairns.