Bahama style on your door step literally as you walk through your entry way and into the high pitched foyer, an amazing tropical holiday experience awaits!
Take a short 1 min stroll to the golden sands of 4 mile beach and plunge into the warm waters of the coral sea or swim in the crystal clear water of the large pool.. Soak up the suns rays on a sun lounge by the pool or read a book under the shade of the raised Pergola. Enjoy the colors and splendor of tropical plants around the pool. Relax on a daybed at your own private piece of rain forest from where tropical parrots and birds will greet you each morning. Keep an eye out for the magnificent Ulysses Butterfly, frequently seen around the pool.
When you and the children need a break from the pool, there is the large screen TV with foxtel, DVD's or a maybe a board game. Hook into the Wifi provided and go online or quietly watch a TV provided in each bedroom.
In the evening, decide whether to take a short walk to one of the many nearby restaurants, hop on the shuttle into town or maybe have a BBQ at the poolside Alfresco dining area. A large built in BBQ, Outdoor Bar Fridge and Outdoor dining setting will ensure this dinner choice becomes a holiday favorite.
At night, sleep with the shutters open safe behind fly screening and listen to the sounds of the tropical north or simply close up the room and turn on the air conditioning.
With three Master suites to choose from, Caribbean architecture in the entertaining pavilions and breathtaking landscaping around your sunken pool, you can live the dream!
* High pitched timber ceilings, stone and marble throughout to capture your every sense
* Beautifully designed and created British Colonial furniture and artwork reflecting the
color and vibrancy of the Caribbean
* Ceiling Fans and shutters to encourage the tropical breeze and air conditioning in
* Full insect screening throughout.
BEDROOM & ENSUITE
* 3 King Master Suites, two with Colonial four poster / pencil post beds, luxury mattress
* 2 bedrooms with 2 King singles that can be zipped to create King beds with luxury
* Stunning stone and timber ensuites, with bath and showers looking onto lush tropical
* TV provided in each bedroom.
* Air conditioning in each Bedroom
* Generous gourmet kitchen with Twin Ovens and a very large pantry
* Huge Fridge freezer for the large family with ice making and chilled water
* For coffee lovers, a Nespresso machine and a Blender for the cocktail crowd
* Beautiful Timber inside dining suite for 10 people.
* Prop on a bar stool at the kitchen Island bench for a pre dinner drink.
* Phone charging USB ports provided within power outlets.
LOUNGE & LIBRARY
* Colorful and comfortable chairs and day lounges.
* Large TVs, DVD, Bluetooth Stereo, Foxtel basic package & Free WIFI.
* Lounge overlooking pool and large glass doors opening out to BBQ pavilion for
* Library area for study or childrens games. Books, DVDs, pool toys & beach bags
OUTDOOR & POOL
* Outdoor raised Cocktail Pavilion with views to the pool and backyard tropical billabong
* Sun lounging areas, outdoor shower near front gate when you return from the beach
* Pool Heating available in the winter months at additional charge $35 per day.
* Full laundry
* Separate toilet and change room
* Large Double Carport.
* Quiet Shady playground 1 min walk.
* Portacot, highchair & baby monitor are available if required.
* Linen, bath and pool towels are provided.
* Nanny and babysitting options are locally available
* Personal Trainer, Tennis coaching, Stand up Paddle boarding, Outrigger class and
Yoga also available for our guests at extra cost.
*An extra cost for these ultimate in house indulgences and health experiences see Guest Menu upon arrival at The Bahama House.
Stays over 10 nights receive a mid-stay linen change
Note - Douglas Shire Council by laws limit no. of guests in residential houses to 6 unless all people are related.
What our Guests have written in our Guest Book.
Many thanks for having us as your first guests in this amazing house. We had an absolutely fantastic holiday. Port Douglas is family holiday paradise and your stunning house with everything thought of was the cherry on top! We hope to be back very soon.
Burrows Family Melbourne. October 2015
From our family to yours, thank you for providing such a gorgeous tropical escape. We truly needed a haven to relax and unwind together as a family and The Bahama House was a perfect retreat! We loved going troppo finding all the pineapples around the house and the pool was an absolute hit with the kids.
Rusitovski Family - Melbourne October 2015