Welcome to Ocean Vista Beach House, where the deck is the most popular room in the house.
Relax here and watch the rise and fall of the ocean…drift off to the sound of the waves tumbling in...or make an early start to see the sun rise over the ocean horizon...and, for a winter/spring treat, catch the antics of the humpback whales as they cruise by on their annual migration.
Ocean Vista is a two-storey open-plan beach house where the living area is located on the upper level with panoramic ocean views. The bedrooms are located on the lower level and will sleep up to six people.
The upper living area comprises a full kitchen, dining, lounge, powder room and a deck that offers alfresco dining …and those ocean views. The lower level has two bedrooms one queen and two singles, family bathroom, laundry, separate toilet, main entry, plus a master suite/studio with queen bed, TV, kitchenette, ensuite, European laundry and private deck.
Ocean Vista Beach House resides within a resort complex located in Eurong Second Valley on Fraser Island’s east coast, on 75 Mile Beach. The house is a short walk from Eurong village where there are a number of conveniences, including: fuel, a general store, a bakery-café, plus a restaurant and bar at the nearby resort.
Ocean Vista Beach House is also convenient to Fraser Island’s many stunning natural attractions and activities including: swimming in the crystal waters of Lake Mackenzie; climbing the huge sand dunes at Lake Wabby; hiking through towering rainforests; floating down Eli Creek in water considered to be some of the world’s purest; and, surf fishing along the expansive 75 Mile Beach.
After a day of exploring and activities, return to the comforts of Ocean Vista where that deck invites you to drinks and alfresco dining, as the southern night sky drifts in, the ocean surf rolls on, and you enjoy downtime with your family/friends.
Getting there via ferry:
1. From Inskip Point near Rainbow Beach to Hook Point the island’s southern point there is an all-day ferry service. Once you land, it’s an approx. 35km/40mins drive to Ocean Vista Beach House. This route is advisable only when it’s low tide as the route is across sand along 75 Mile Beach. Please check the local operator Manta Ray Fraser Island Barges for more information. While here you may see dolphins swim past.
2. From River Heads 20 minutes south of Hervey Bay to the western side of the island at either Kingfisher Bay or Wanggoolba Creek. Depending on which landing you choose, the drive to Ocean Vista Beach House can take up to an hour, depending on the track conditions. The overland rainforest route is not tide dependent but ferry service times are restricted and pre-booking your ferry journey is recommended. Please check the local operator Fraser Island Barges for more information.
Ocean Vista Beach House features:
• Accommodation for up to six people: Two bedrooms 1 queen + 2 single beds, plus a fully-contained master suite/studio with 1 queen bed, ensuite, kitchenette, European laundry and private deck.
• Full kitchen: electric oven, gas cooktop, microwave, fridge/freezer, toaster, kettle, e electric frypan
• Crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils
• TV with remote
• DVD player no Blu-ray
• CD player
• Laundry with washing machine, clothes dryer, iron and ironing board
• Bathrooms: Family bathroom, ensuite, powder room.
• Ceiling fans in all rooms
• 24hr power & hot water
• Top level: living area with kitchen, dining, lounge and powder room + balcony with alfresco dining option and the ocean views
• Bottom level: Two bedrooms 1 queen + 2 single beds, bathroom, separate toilet, laundry, main entry, plus the master suite/studio described above.
• Covered parking for one vehicle
• Resort complex amenities: swimming pool and spa, BBQ facilities, children’s playground, car washing facilities.
• Located within a fenced area to keep dingoes out.
• For guest convenience a starter pack is provided: dishwasher detergent, dish detergent, dish cloth, tea towel, toilet paper, liquid soap in the bathrooms.
• Covered doonas, pillows and blankets are provided. Linen hire package is available for $120. Otherwise you will need to bring your own linen: sheets, pillowcases, towels, bath mats, tea towels.
• There is no disabled persons access.
• No pets are allowed on the island.