Whether you catch the barge from Inskip Point or Hervey Bay, that's when your 4WD adventure to Fraser Island begins. From Inskip Point, you will travel for 55kms along golden beaches or from Hervey Bay you will travel through ever-changing vegetation till you reach Happy Valley.
Happy Valley is very laid-back but with all the mod cons you need. .
With Happy Valley being so central on the island, your days will be filled with endless activities. From swimming in the refreshing waters of Eli Creek, or picnicing at Central Station and Lake McKenzie. Then of course there are days of just throwing a line in along the beaches to catch the night's dinner. During the humpback whale migration, you can spend hours sitting on the beach just watching these majestic mammals frolicking & breaching. Truly a spectacular sight.
The GPS co-ordinates for Elenora are:
25 20 46 S
153 12 59 E
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE BEFORE YOU BOOK:
1. You must provide your OWN LINEN sheets & towel. A top & bottom sheet + pillowcase must be supplied for each bed used. Should you decide NOT to bring linen, you can hire it from shop & pick it up when collecting keys. A linen price list will be sent when a confirmed booking is received.
ABSOLUTELY NO SWAGS OR SLEEPING BAGS ARE TO BE USED AS LINEN.
2. This unit is perfect for a family or group of 5 people only. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to that number. It is NOT a party unit and you are required to respect your neighbours and keep noise to a minimum after 10p.m.
3. The unit runs on a solar system with battery storage with a generator back-up. Only the electrical appliances that the unit supplies are to be used. TOTALLY BANNED are hairdryers, coffee machines, car fridges, frypans etc. Should these appliances be used, the system will definitely overload resulting in the units having no power. The on-site managers will have to be called out for which you could be charged a 'call-out' fee before power is restored.
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT , PHONE & COMPUTER CHARGERS are exempt.
4. SELF CLEAN. The unit is provided in a comfortable & clean manner. As there are no cleaners, you are expected to leave the unit 'as you find it'. We provide all cleaning equipment & vacuum cleaner.
All rubbish is to be removed & disposed of at the tip on departure.
5. The person making the booking must be one of the residing guests. A registration form is to be filled out at the shop on arrival before keys are issued.
6. We have on-site managers who live close by who are easily contactable & readily available should you need their assistance.
Their contact phone number is on the fridge.
7. There is an AMBULANCE based at Happy Valley 24/7
We also have another unit which SLEEPS 4 ONLY. Should your party be 4 or less, scroll down the list of accomodation until you find ELENORA UNIT 2 .
- 1- 2 bedroom unit. The unit sleeps 5.
- large timber deck with char grill BBQ
- fully equipped kitchen with toaster.
- 520ltr fridge/freezer, gas stove/oven.
- lounge/dining area.
- free to air TV
- flyscreens/ security screens to all windows and doors
- fans in bedrooms and lounge.
- fully automatic washing machine.
- extra freezer in outside room for bait.
MOBILE PHONE - Telstra Next G works.
- all cleaning equipment mop, broom & vacuum cleaner
- all cleaning products
- 1 roll toilet paper
- chux & scourer
- washing up detergent
- 2 tea towels
- garbage bin bags inside & outside bins