"Willow Vale Retreat" is our amazing self-contained guest suite on a 5-acre property surrounded by forest, nestled amongst acreage properties and a population of just 1,500 people. It’s the ideal place for a relaxing getaway or business stopover with a feeling that you’re in a ‘Fiji on the Gold Coast’ setting. Built around a tropical pool and cabana, with hammocks and a lush forest backdrop, you’ll enjoy peace and quiet of the rural surrounds and yet it’s only a 5-minute drive to the M1 highway.
Your accommodation is situated in a separate spacious 50 square metre guest suite, adjacent to the main house with a separate entrance. The guest suite flows out onto a private outdoor area that shared with our family. This includes large tropical garden with in ground pool and a 40 square metre cabana with its own outdoor lounge, dining and BBQ area complete with ceiling fan and hammocks that are soooo relaxing.
Your bedroom has its own private lounge to relax in, a really large hot tub to soak in, double shower in a private ensuite, TV with Foxtel and Netflix, a fan and a place to hang your clothes. It also has air conditioning, a microwave, toaster, fridge and tea and coffee facilities. You can relax and enjoy a book or just admire the bird sounds and forest surrounds. Provisions for a light breakfast are provided.
This space is suited to 1-2 adults and the room is set up with a king sized bed. There is no door between the bedroom and its private ensuite, so the room is not really suited to 2 singles but we can add in a bed for a 3rd family member. We can also set up a desk and office chair in the room if you want a workspace. Just let us know in advance with any special room configuration needs. This is a non-smoking property.
Guests have a separate entrance to their private room, ensuite and lounge and can also share the outdoor cabana, entertaining, pool and BBQ area with us. Our part of the house is a separate from the guest suite. The guest suite has a pool fence separating it from the pool area. The entire pool, entertaining and cabana area is fully fenced off from the rest of the property. There is a shared laundry available too.
We love meeting people and are friendly and hospitable. We are happy to have a chat and a wine with you if you are comfortable with that and share advice on exploring the Gold Coast. If not and prefer complete privacy, we will be respectful of your space.
We will help as much as we can to make your stay with us on the Gold Coast as enjoyable as possible. We have 3 daughters, 6 chickens and 2 kelpie dogs who are all friendly and mostly quiet but the dogs occasionally bark and who love to meet our guests as well The dogs are separated from the guest area by fencing.
We have a large property that you are welcome to share and enjoy. Enjoy the following while staying with us;
• Build a campfire and toast marshmallows. We have a large campfire with seats on logs around it. There is always wood on the ground you can collect to build a campfire and relax with a glass of wine while the sun goes down. Try you hand at toasting marshmallows on long sticks.
• Go for a hike through the forest. There are a couple of easy walking tracks that take 30 and 60 minutes to complete, with some of it through the forest and some strolling through our quiet neighbourhood full of acreage properties.
• Swim, read, BBQ, relax in a hammock, listen to music and look up at the stars. Enjoy your escape from the city or suburbs.
• You may even see some wild life – we occasionally see wallabies, goannas’, green tree frogs, kookaburras, lots of birds and bats.
• Light the chimnea outdoor fire by the pool and enjoy a glass of wine with some cheese and crackers as the sun slides behind the trees.
As the guest suite is attached to our family home, it is not totally soundproof, so guests need to be mindful of this.
Willow Vale is an acreage suburb with quiet streets, walking tracks, lots of trees and friendly neighbours.
We are very centrally located at the northern end of the Gold Coast and handy by car to the following locations;
• 5km from M1 highway exits 49 and 54.
• 3km from local shops, supermarkets, cafes and restaurants.
• 35 minutes to Gold Coast Airport and 40 minutes to Brisbane CBD and Brisbane Airport in normal traffic.
• Close to theme parks - 5 minutes to Dreamworld and White Water World and 10 minutes to Movie World and Wet n Wild. Its a $7-$15 Uber ride to the parks and lots of parking if you want to take your rental car.
• 15 minutes to Hope Island Village and Sanctuary Cove cafes, bars and restaurants. 15 minutes to Westfield Helensvale and night quarter food markets.
• 25 minutes to Surfers Paradise and Tamborine Mountain.
You can catch the train from Brisbane Airport to Coomera Train Station and its a $7 Uber/Cab ride to our place. You can also catch the train from Coomera to Brisbane or to Surfers Paradise after connecting with light rail at Helensvale.
We can personally pick you up from or drop you off at the Gold Coast Airport for a $60 fee each way in an Audi Wagon that fits 4 guests plus modest luggage. Taxi’s and Uber are normally $75-$150. There are bus/train combo options for $30-$40 per person as well.