Moreton is the third largest sand island in the world. It stretches 38 km N/S and 9km E/W across its widest points with only a small rock outcrop at Cape Moreton Lighthouse.
The island is surrounded by pristine clear water and sandy beaches where surf and rock fishing are widely enjoyed. You can find a variety of eco-systems with swamps, forests, mangroves and salt marshes easily accessible by walking and 4WD tracks. The Blue Lagoon is a fresh water lake where many families go to swim. Only at one hour by boat from Brisbane, Moreton Island can be accessed either:
- By a daily barge boarding at Howard Smith Drive Port of Brisbane which can carry both walking passengers and 4WD vehicles. It lands at the Ship Wrecks, about 500m north of Tangalooma Resort.
- By the Tangalooma Flyer, boarding at Holt Street- Pinkemba for walk on Passengers only. The Flyer docks at the jetty, in front of the Tangalooma Resort.
The Moreton Mansion
The 'Moreton Mansion' is the largest house Tangalooma has to offer. As the name suggests, the 'Moreton Mansion' is a generously sized, 3 level property perfect for groups of friends or 2-3 families to spend time together, or those who enjoy space.
The 'Moreton Mansion' is located above the Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort in the Bay View Estate, which overlooks the spectacular Moreton bay. Guests can enjoy uninterrupted views from Brisbane City all the way to the Sunshine Coast and Glass House Mountains.
The Mansion can be accessed from the resort by walking steps or a sealed road. A golf buggy can be hired to drive up and down. There is also a shuttle bus which carries passengers and luggage from the jetty to the Mansion for a small fee of A$ 10.00 a trip.
Moreton Island offers something for everyone: whether you want an action packed holiday full of adventures, tours, sports, fishing and quad biking, or whether you just want to relax on the beach or by the pool, Moreton Island and Tangalooma is fully equipped to satisfy all your holiday needs.
The property is fully self-contained and can comfortably cater for up to sixteen guests at a time. The main kitchen is magnificently set out on the middle level with fully operational top quality appliances, utensils, cutlery, and equipment such as ice-maker fridge/freezer, microwave oven, dishwasher etc.
A barbecue is also conveniently located on a large deck overlooking the bay, from where guests can enjoy breathtaking views of the sunset. The kitchenettes on the top and ground levels enable guests to cook separately. They are fully equipped with fridges and cook tops and microwave oven etc.
Laundry facilities are also provided with washing machine, dryer, iron/ironing board, clotheslines etc.
Guests staying at the Moreton Mansion have full access to all the Tangalooma resort facilities as:
- Souvenir shop
- Restaurants and bar
- Tennis courts
- Swimming pools and spas
- Badminton courts
- Disco nights and Karaoke
Other activities offered at the resort include:
- Dolphin feeding
- Eco walks and 4 WD tours
- Dugong tours
- ATV Quad Bike Tours
- Snorkelling and Scuba diving
- Helicopter joy flight
- Sand tobogganing
- Dinghy, Catamaran, Canoe hire
- 4 WD Car Hire
- And much more
This fantastic property is spread over three levels and is made up of:
- Nine spacious bedrooms
- Six bathrooms
- A separate powder room
- Panoramic views of Moreton Bay
- A short 400m stroll to the Tangalooma resort
- Televisions on every level with DVD players
- Spa bath in the master bedroom
- Washing machines and dryers
- A kitchen on all levels
- Pool table
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
Top level - Max 4 guests:
- Bedroom 1 - king size bed with ensuite and walk-in w/robe
- Bedroom 2 - king size bed, spa bath, ensuite and walk-in w/robe
Middle level - Max 6 guests:
- Bedroom 3 - king size bed with ensuite and walk-in w/robe
- Bedroom 4 - king size bed and a double bunk beds with ensuite and walk-in w/robe
Ground Floor - Max 8 guests:
- Bedroom 5 - king size bed with built-in w/robe
- Bedroom 6 - king size bed with ensuite and walk-in w/robe
- Bedroom 7 - two king single beds with built-in w/robe
- Bedroom 8 - one king single bed with built-in w/robe
- Bedroom 9 - one king single bed with built-in w/robe
- Off Peak Periods QLD School Term
- Peak Periods QLD School Holidays
- Premium Periods Christmas/New Year & Easter
All Three Levels 9 bedrooms, 6 and 1/2 bathrooms sleeps 16- 18
- Off Peak A$ 850.00/per night min. 2 nights
- Peak A$ 950.00/per night min. 4 nights
- Premium A$ 1000.00/per night min. 5 nights
- Linen & Towel Hire - $15 per person
- Cleaning -$400 per stay
- Golf buggies are available for hire $50.00 per day