Are you looking for an apartment that can be set up as anything from a one bedroom apartment with all the space and features of a four bedroom apartment or as a full four bedroom apartment or as anything in between?
Do you only want to pay for a one bedroom or two, or three apartment but want that big apartment feel with just you or you and your partner as the only guests?
This is the one for you.
Our apartment is a large contemporary 4 bedroom/3 bathroom fully self contained, air conditioned, beachfront apartment in the Tangalooma Island Resort on Moreton Island where the Coral Sea meets Moreton Bay. The Resort is tucked in between the bay and the pristine Moreton Island National Park. The apartment has sweeping beach and bay views to the Glass House Mountains and Brisbane which are visible just above the horizon in the far distance.
You and the children can go for a swim or a paddle straight out the front of the apartment in the calmer waters of the Western Beach. There are outside fresh water showers at the beach end of the jetty and the right side entrance to the beach where you can wash the salt and sand off when you are finished.
You can just sit or lie back and listen to the relaxing sound of waves lapping on the beach if you want.
It is the perfect place to unwind and relax by yourself, with a partner or with family and friends on that special holiday. Watch ships and boats sail by and take in the beautiful Moreton Island sunsets.
Moreton Island is the third largest sand island in the world and the ocean beaches are simply magnificent and untouched. Bring a 4X4 if you possibly can or hire one here and go exploring, you won't be disappointed.
Features of the apartment include:
- Two bedrooms Bed 1 and Bed 4 with king size beds, both rooms with ensuites.
- One bedroom Bed 3 with a queen size bed and a king single bed.
- One bedroom Bed 2 with three king single beds.
- A large private covered front deck and BBQ area looking down over the white sandy beach and across the waters of the bay.
- A shady rear deck off Bed 4 looking back to the pool area and the wooded hills at the rear of the building. This bedroom is well isolated from the rest of the rooms refer to floor plan for details and is ideal for those who want their own space when sharing the apartment.
- The apartment can cater for more than two families children welcome or large groups up to 10 persons 8 adults max.. It can accommodate eight singles sleeping separately using spare fold up bed supplied, or four couples sharing and two singles sleeping separately or just about any combination in between.
- A floor plan is included in the photo abum so you can see the apartment layout to help you choose which bedrooms you want. If you don't want all of the bedrooms we can lock the unwanted ones off and reduce the rental. If you prefer to view the rooms before choosing please contact the manager Don and he will arrange this on your arrival.
- A shared bathroom for Bed 2 and Bed 3 with shower, toilet and vanity unit. This room includes the laundry facilities as well and has a large laundry sink, washing machine and dryer.
- Fully equipped modern kitchen.
- Child friendly with a high chair, a play pen, stroller, folding cot and childrens' and toddlers' plates, cups and cutlery.
- Three Samsung full HD smart TVs which are Internet and wifi enabled and preloaded with most of the popular streaming apps. You will need to access your own personal subscription streaming services but in case you do not have any of your own a Foxtel Now Platinum package is provided.
- A private pool at the rear of the building for Deep Blue residents which is conveniently located on the same level as the apartment no stairs to climb.
- A garage for a 4x4 should you bring your own vehicle. It is on ground level at the back of the building only 7 metres from the rear door which is right beside the elevator. It is the first garage you come to and is the closest garage to any of the apartments.
- The Resort's only general store is located on the Ground Floor of Deep Blue 2. The store carries a good range of basic supplies including fresh and frozen meat and vegetables. You can use the fully equipped kitchen to make meals for your family and friends if you get tired of eating out and having take away meals.
- Cafes, bar and restaurants are a three minute walk away, all on a paved/concrete level surface. The cafes and restaurants offer a reasonable range of meals and take away meals are available. The Fire and Stone restaurant now has a popular sushi bar. There is a good sized dedicated sit down, self select breakfast area as well.
- Beverages are available for purchase from the bar and the general store sells bottles of wine.
- The ferry is a two minute walk away on a level paved/concrete/timber surface.
We know that some people just want to get away from it all and relax without being constantly available via phone or email but we also know that some people want the connectivity with friends and family or the entertainment that the Internet can deliver.
If you're in the former group it's as simple as turning your phone off while you're here.
If you're in the latter group there's a bit more to it and the next bit is for you.
- You will need Internet access for streaming TV content, web browsing, email, social media, etc.
- Internet access is available for purchase from the Resort and there is a wifi access point in the apartment for ease of access to their network. You might consider this for web browsing or email but it is unlikely that you will find buying bandwidth from them to be attractive proposition if you plan to stream video.
Your best option is to bring your own personal mobile broadband device. This can be a mobile broadband modem or simply use your phone/s as a wifi hotspot.
As a rule of thumb allow 3GB/hr for HD video and 1GB/hr SD video when calculating how much data you will need while you're here.
You will need to be with Telstra or Optus for mobile phone and broadband coverage as there are no other service providers on the island.
We have measured the Telstra and Optus download/upload speeds. Telstra averages 25 Mbps down and 25Mbps up. Optus averages 34Mbps down and 9Mbps up. These speeds are more than adequate for watching two concurrent HD video streams on two separate TVs. Note that these download speeds will vary with the amount of shared traffic on the providers' networks, time of day, etc. The quality and availability of streamed content will be completely determined by the quality of your Internet access.
If you bring a personal broadband device which has an ethernet port RJ45 jack there is a wifi router with ethernet cable provided which will extend your device's range to the whole apartment.
- There are three TVs provided: a Samsung Series 7 55" 4K UHD smart TV TV1 in the Lounge Room, a Samsung Series 5 32" FHD smart TV TV2 on a mobile stand and a Samsung Series 5 32" FHD in Bed 1 TV3.
- A Foxtel Now Platinum package is provided as an app called Foxtel Play on the home page of each TV. This package supports a single video stream capable of being ported to two TV screens concurrently. In other words if you're watching a Foxtel Now show in the Lounge Room the same show can be viewed on TV2 or TV3 but not both at the same time.
- Also you can bring your own Apple TV box, Telstra TV box, etc. to access your personal subscription streaming services but most of the common streaming apps are preloaded onto the TVs.
- Free to Air TV is available in the Lounge Room and Bed 1.
When considering the likely cost of rental for your stay please note that this site only displays the average nightly rent averaged over a year for all bedrooms booked with four guests and including peak and off peak rates so for the best rates for your preferred dates and the number of guests and bedrooms you want please contact Don who manages our apartment for us on the island. You can contact Don via this site.
Also please note that although our apartment is located in the Resort's Deep Blue 2 apartment building it is privately owned and is not a serviced hotel room.