Happy Days on Straddie is a large beautiful architect designed 2 level, 6 bedroom beach house, all with built in wardrobes. Enjoy lying on the li-lo's on the deck with sweeping ocean and leafy views. Take a short relaxing walk to spectacular sandy beaches with crystal clear water and amazing rocky headlands where you can see whales, dolphins and turtles. Happy Days is located in the casual township of Point Lookout and is within walking distance to shops, cafes and public transport.
Happy Days is ideal for large families, couples or 2 families as each level of the house is fully self-contained with 3 bedrooms, comfortable lounge, well equipped kitchen, bathroom, laundry and large covered deck with outdoor furniture. Each level caters for up to 6 people. There is extensive insulation in the floor to reduce noise levels as much as possible. The house is truly eco-friendly with a north easterly aspect on the side of a hill with solar panels, large open decks, tinted glass doors, led lights, 2 large led tv’s 42", skylights, screened louvers and extensive insulation.
Upstairs, the open plan living room with comfortable lounge suite, dining and kitchen area flows out to a huge 16m covered east and 4m north facing deck, perfect for entertaining or just enjoying the ocean and leafy views and listen to the wonderful bird life. The main bedroom has a king sized bed, opens onto the deck, private study/reading area and opens onto the side deck.
Downstairs is a similar layout but slightly smaller. Again the open plan living room with comfortable lounge suite and dining area flows onto the huge 16m covered east and 4m north facing dec. The deck has color bond on the roof under the top deck to stop water and noise from your friends entertaining on the top deck.
The front yard is on a quiet street and faces west. A large tree cools the house from the western sun and provided a great area for kids to play.
More Details about Happy Days
• Free wi-fi
• Foxtel on the 42" HDTV on each level.
• Each living area has comfortable sofas to enjoy watching the 42" flat screen HDTV with DVD/CD player. Upstairs stereo has an iPod dock, CD player and AM/FM radio
• Upstairs has high ceilings and skylights in strategic places to give ample light during the daylight hours
• Both kitchens are equipped with large fridge/freezer, oven, cooktop, microwave and dishwasher.
• You'll find all the kitchen utensils required for your holiday.
• Plenty of cutlery, crockery and glasses mean you don't have to use the dishwasher after every meal.
• An ALDI Coffee machine upstairs helps you enjoy a morning or afternoon tea on the deck with friends. Bring your own ALDI pods.
• Screened louvers in bedrooms for cool, summer nights.
• Internal stairs join the 2 levels.
• Covered deck area on both levels with outdoor settings for 6. There is a BBQ on top deck to cook your meals while entertaining your family or friends
• Off street parking on the concrete driveway
• Use the Outdoor Shower and tap located near the garage garage not included when returning from your swim or walk along the beach.
• 6 bedrooms 3 per level, all with build in wardrobes, easily accommodate 10 people. We maintain all our mattresses to a high standard so that they are comfortable for our guests.
• Bed 1 Upstairs: King bed and ceiling fan
• Bed 2 Upstairs: Queen and ceiling fan
• Bed 3 Upstairs: Double bunk and pedestal fan
• Bed 4 Downstairs: Queen bed and ceiling fan
• Bed 5 Downstairs: 2 single beds and pedestal fan
• Bed 6 Downstairs: Double bunk and pedestal fan
• 2 bathrooms each with shower and bath
• Separate toilet on each level
• Premium Linen is provided included towels, bath mats and hand towels - if you want the beds made it is an extra cost
• Some basics such as dish washing liquid, toilet paper, dishwasher tablets and cleaning wipes are included to get your holiday started
A Great Location
• Happy Days is located in the old part of Point Lookout, close to shops, restaurants and takeaways, • Public transport bus is only 200m away.
• You can walk or drive to the most popular beaches - Cylinder, Deadmans, Frenchmans and Main Via Samarinda Drive if walking. Straddie is unique in that it has North and East facing beaches which means that you can generally find a beach which isn't affected by the wind and still has a good wave. Cylinder and Main beaches are patrolled year round.
• The house faces east and has large north and east facing decks to pick up the prevailing sea breezes from the south to the north.
• Cylinder is a picturesque north facing beach located between two headlands. It overlooks reefs and Moreton Island. It is the most popular swimming and sun baking beach. Surfers will also find a renowned long right hand wave break on a good day.
• Deadmans is a great north facing beach for those long walks in the afternoon.. Kids can explore the rock pools and love running down the sand dunes. It is a secluded place for swimming and sun baking. It's a great spot for fishing with good catches often providing the nightly meal. Surfers will enjoy the long right-handers which can take them all the way to Cylinder.
• Deadman's continues to Frenchman's beach which is east facing. It's great for swimming, fishing, walking and sun baking. Whales are often seen during the whale season. You can take the stairs up to East Coast Rd and grab a coffee for the walk home.
• Continuing around the headland you will come to the gorge walk. This is a must. It takes between 30 minutes and an hour around the rocky headland on well maintained wooden pathways. It is the best place for spotting whales during the season from late June to November. Take binoculars to get an even better view. At other times you can often see turtles and dolphins. You will often spot kangaroos, wallabies and abundant bird life on your walk.
• Continuing past the Gorge you come to Main Beach which is an east facing beach. This is a 40km beach which can be explored by 4WD you will need a permit.. The top end near the life savers has great rolling waves for swimming or surfing. You can also snorkel close to the headland.
• Foodworks is the largest store at the Point. It has most essential items as well as fresh fruit and groceries. It is located 200 hundred metres from Happy Days.
• The local bus service also stops 200 meters from Happy Days. The local bus connects to the water taxi and QR back to Brisbane City.
Other Activities on Straddie
• 4WD along the beaches and sand tracks on the island - you will need a permit
• explore the fresh water lakes. Brown Lake is open to the public. You have to walk to Blue Lake.
• Surfing and related beach activities on some of the best beaches in the world with crystal clear water
• Fishing off the beach or a boat charters available
• Snorkelling off the beaches
• Other adventure activities available through Stradie adventures sand boarding, 4WD tours, Paragliding, surf board lessons, Paddle Boarding, trips to the lakes
NOTE: The garage and whale watch tower are NOT included. There is off street parking and a garden BBQ. Pricing can change at any time at the owners discretion.
BOOKINGS CAN ONLY BE ACCEPTED FOR 12 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of the security deposit.
Weddings, parties and functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of your security deposit and/or additional payments.
No smoking in the house. Smoking is permitted on the decks.
Damage or loss of tenants property
The owner does not cover any personal loss. If you leave something at the property then contact the owner immediately so the every effort can be made to get it returned to you.
Send a message to the owner if you have any queries.