Large solid old brick home (235 m2 house and 64 m2 garage) with a resort-style salt water swimming pool and two bathrooms located on 1200m2 of land between the spectacular Silver Sands Beach and the Aldinga Scrub Conservation Park. The perfect home among the gum trees!
Scrubtide is perfect for two families because it has four bedrooms, two bathrooms and two well seperated sleeping areas (see floor plan). Two rooms are furnished with queen sized beds, one of them has an ensuite. One room is furnished as a dedicated kids room and contains a bus-shaped bunk bed and a single bed. Another room has two single beds. Two more single beds are in a separate secton of the lounge room (no door).
Note that this is an old house, not a new premium property. But all the furniture is new (early 2014) and we have undertaken major renovations in the second half of 2014 (new roof, new ceilings throughout, new downlights, new ducted airconditioning). The bathrooms have not been renovated. They are perfectly functional, but the tiles are very retro ... we love them, so we just cannot get ourselves to replace them with modern white ones.
We are happy to accommodate large groups for genuine reasons, such as attentind someone's wedding and looking for reasonably priced accommodation or for family reunions. We cannot accommodate large groups of adults who will be having parties. Parties disturb neighbours and are strictly prohibited. Scrubtide is perfect for couples, families and groups of friends who would like to enjoy the peace and quiet of the Scrub.
ACTIVITIES and FEATURES
- Chill out at the pool!
- Go bush walking, bird watching and kangaroo spotting in the Aldinga Scrub Conservation Park (10 seconds walk)
- Build sand castles and cool off in the car-free area of Silver Sands Beach ..... or go for a drive on the beach!
- Have a BBQ and a glass of McLaren Vale wine in the courtyard.
- Explore the beauty, wines and produce of the Mc Laren Vale region
- Enjoy spectacular views with dinner at the Star of Greece or the Victory Hotel
- Shop at the Aldinga Central Shopping Centre (8 minutes drive)
- Shop, wine and dine in downtown McLaren Vale (15 minutes drive)
- Admire the old buildings in the historic township of Willunga and - on Saturdays - shop at the Willunga Farmers Market (15 minutes drive)
- Ride the horse drawn tram over the bridge at Victor Harbor (40 minutes drive)
- Go to a museum in Adelaide (45 minutes drive)
- Saltwater swimming pool
NOTE: The pool is professionally maintained by the local pool shop, but there is no daily pool cleaning service like in a hotel.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS: The pool area only has one entry point: a gate between the garage and the main house. This gate is secured with a child lock.
- Free wireless internet (NBN powered)
- Ducted Reverse Cycle Air-conditioning
- Polished Jarrah hardwood floors throughout the house
- Sand pit, swing and jungle hut for kids
- Two car garage parking
- Bedroom 1: queen sized bed, walk in robe, ensuite
- Bedroom 2: 1 queen sized bed, built in robe
- Bedroom 3: 1 bus-shaped bunk bed, 1 single bed
- Study: 2 single beds
- Separate section of lounge: 2 single beds
- Main bathroom: shower and bathtub with fantastic water pressure, washing machine
- Family room: dining table, six adult chairs, six spare foldable chairs, two junior chairs, highchair
- Kitchen: dishwasher, stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, table top mixer, blender, cook top espresso maker, coffee bean grinder, bread maker, citrus juicer, plates, glasses, cooking utensils, cutlery, pots, pans etc.
- Games room: lounge setting, brand new 50 inch flat screen LED TV, Sony DVD / bluray player
No pets allowed.
No smoking inside.
No offensive noise and anti-social behaviour.
No parties or gatherings.
BBQ to be cleaned after each use.
Swimming pool gates must be closed at all times.
Children must be supervised by a responsible adult in the pool area at all times.
- garbage to be placed in bins outside,
- dishwasher to be emptied,
- house to be cleaned.
Full house rules will be provided at inqury and upon booking. Failure to comply with house rules can lead to eviction or withholding of all or parts of the bond, Bond will also be withheld anything is missing from the house or if there is damage to the house.
As soon as the bond is transferred, you will receive the keycode for Scrubtide. You will find two sets of keys in a little key safe. One will include the house key only, the other one the house key and the pool safety gate key. We usually have that locked when nobody is at Scrubtide, but you obviously do not have to lock it every time.
EARLY ARRIVAL / LATE DEPARTURE
If nobody is booked in immediately before or after you, you are most welcome to arrive as early as you would like and leave as late as you would like. If you would like to do that, please get in touch closer to the date of the visit so we can let you know if any last minute adjacent bookings have come in.
You will have a local contact in case of an emergency.
LINEN AND CLEANING
You will need to bring bed linen (sheets, pillow and quilt covers), towels and tea towels.