Large solid old brick home 235 m2 house and 64 m2 garage with a resort-style salt water swimming pool and two bathrooms located on 1200m2 of land between the spectacular Silver Sands Beach and the Aldinga Scrub Conservation Park. Your holiday home among the gum trees
Scrubtide is perfect for two families, multi-generational family travel, family reunions and family and friends coming to the area to attend a wedding because it has four bedrooms, two bathrooms and two well separated sleeping areas see floor plan. Two rooms are furnished with queen sized beds, one of them has an ensuite. One room is furnished as a dedicated kids room and contains a VW bus-shaped bunk bed and a single bed. Another room has two single beds. Two more single beds are in a separate secton of the lounge room no door.
Note that this is an old house, not a new premium property. All the furniture is new early 2014 and we have undertaken some major renovations since 2014 new bathrooms, new roof, new ceilings throughout, new downlights, new ducted airconditioning, new garage doors.
We are happy to accommodate large groups for genuine reasons, such as attending someone's wedding and looking for reasonably priced accommodation for family reunions. We cannot accommodate large groups of adults who will be having parties. Parties disturb neighbours and are strictly prohibited. Scrubtide is perfect for couples, families and groups of friends who would like to enjoy the peace and quiet of the Scrub.
We do not provide linen, towels and tea towels by default, but if you are coming from far away and cannot bring your own, we can organise this for you. Please ask about this before you lock the booking in.
If there is a problem for example: you do not know how to operate the garage doors or you find that something critical, such as the dishwasher, does not work, please CALL not not text or email our builder immediately. He lives nearby, knows the house inside out and will be able to help you. You will receive his phone number with the final instructions about one week before your arrival.
ACTIVITIES and FEATURES
- Chill out at the pool
- Go bush walking, bird watching and kangaroo spotting in the Aldinga Scrub Conservation Park 10 seconds walk
- Build sand castles and cool off in the car-free area of Silver Sands Beach ..... or go for a drive on the beach
- Have a BBQ and a glass of McLaren Vale wine in the courtyard.
- Explore the beauty, wines and produce of the Mc Laren Vale region
- Enjoy spectacular views with dinner at the Star of Greece or the Victory Hotel
- Shop at the Aldinga Central Shopping Centre 8 minutes drive
- Shop, wine and dine in downtown McLaren Vale 15 minutes drive
- Admire the old buildings in the historic township of Willunga and - on Saturdays - shop at the Willunga Farmers Market 15 minutes drive
- Ride the horse drawn tram over the bridge at Victor Harbor 40 minutes drive
- Go to a museum in Adelaide 45 minutes drive
- Saltwater swimming pool not heated
NOTE: The pool is professionally maintained by the local pool shop, but there is no daily pool cleaning service like in a hotel.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS: The pool area only has one entry point: a gate between the garage and the main house. This gate is secured with a child lock.
- Free wireless internet NBN powered
- Ducted Reverse Cycle Air-conditioning
- Polished Jarrah hardwood floors throughout the house
- Two car garage parking
- Bedroom 1: queen sized bed, walk in robe, ensuite with shower
- Bedroom 2: 1 queen sized bed, built in robe
- Bedroom 3: 1 bus-shaped bunk bed, 1 single bed
- Bedroom 4: 2 single beds
- Separate section of lounge: 2 single beds
- Main bathroom: shower and bathtub
- Laundry with washing machine and dryer
- Dining room
- Kitchen: dishwasher, stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, sandwich maker, table top mixer, blender, cook top espresso maker, coffee bean grinder, steamer, rice cooker, egg cooker, bread maker, citrus juicer, plates, glasses, cooking utensils, cutlery, pots, pans etc.
- TV room: lounge setting, 50 inch flat screen LED TV, DVD / bluray player
No pets allowed.
No smoking inside.
No offensive noise and anti-social behaviour.
No parties or gatherings.
BBQ to be cleaned after each use.
Swimming pool gates must be closed at all times.
Children must be supervised by a responsible adult in the pool area at all times.
- garbage to be placed in bins outside,
- dishwasher to be emptied.
Full house rules on the pin board in the kitchen, including emergency contact.
Failure to comply with house rules can lead to eviction or withholding of all or parts of the bond, Bond will also be withheld anything is missing from the house or if there is damage to the house.
About one week before you arrive, you will receive the keycode for Scrubtide. You will find two sets of keys in a little key safe. One will include the house key only, the other one the house key and the pool safety gate key. We usually have that locked when nobody is at Scrubtide, but you obviously do not have to lock it every time.
EARLY ARRIVAL / LATE DEPARTURE
If nobody is booked in immediately before or after you, you are most welcome to arrive as early as you would like and leave as late as you would like. If you would like to do that, please get in touch closer to the date of the visit so we can let you know if any last minute adjacent bookings have come in.
You will have a local contact in case of an emergency. His name and phone number are on the kitchen pinboard.
LINEN AND CLEANING
You will need to bring bed linen sheets, pillow and quilt covers, towels and tea towels. For guests who travel from far away our lovely cleaner can organise linen and towels at cost price.