Come and enjoy a relaxing break at this modern, family and pet friendly cottage in Clayton Bay, a small riverside town located on the lower banks of the River Murray.
Snug Cove Cottage is located close the river and has 3 bedrooms- 2 queen and one bunk bed- sleeping up to 6 people. Outside is a new veranda, with a dining area and BBQ - perfect for a lazy breakfast or relaxing evening meal. The main living area is open plan, with a well equipped kitchen offering an oven, microwave, fridge and freezer. Complimentary tea and coffee provided. Relax on the sofa which converts into a day bed, watch one of the properties dvds, read a book or play a board game.
The garden is fully fenced- safe for children or dogs- with plenty of space to play. In addition to the board games there is a swing ball or soccer ball to use outside. Borrow the tennis racquets and go to the courts at the end of the road.
Things to do
Go fishing on the jetty. Enjoy the birdlife as you kayak around the lagoons and creeks. Bring your boat and sail to Goolwa or Lake Alexandrina, enjoy some water skiing, or simply have fun with friends. The playground and swimming area will provide plenty of fun for the kids.
Enjoy walks along the river or visit some local cellar doors. Walk to The Sails restaurant and have lunch looking over the bay.
Fancy a day at the beach? Clayton Bay is close enough for day trips to the beautiful beaches at Goolwa, Middleton, Port Elliot or Victor Harbour. Have a surfing lesson or catch the waves on your body board. Take a cruise to the Coorong or catch the steam train to Victor Harbour.
Some helpful information
- Clayton Bay is around one hour from Adelaide
- Basic provisions can be bought at the local store
- Bring your own linen including duvet covers and towels
- A cleaning fee of $60 applies
- Milang is only 10 minutes away with a great bakery, convenience store and pub.
- Goolwa is 25 minutes away with a range of good range of shops including Woolworths.
- A local market is held in Goolwa on the first Sunday of every month
- Strathalbyn is 30 minutes away, and has a range of local cafes, antique, craft and speciality gift shops.
- Wineries at Langhorne Creek and Currency Creek only 15 minutes away.